Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sergeant Omo | Flashwraith | Phobos Boss Rework & Necramech Unlock

-Bluhman-

Anyo's tasked me with holding down assets here. I ain't planning on letting down my obligations. You know how you manage to get power, tenno? You get it through trust. Through loyalty. Through faith. That's how I've made it this far, and that's why Anyo's entrusted me with this weaponry! Witness the true power of the void; Entrati technology, augmented by Corpus ingenuity!

Assassination Confrontation Concept:

Sergeant Omo is fought one-on-one in a circular arena, similar to the Jackal, with the differentiation that the arena has blockades that the player can hide behind to avoid attacks. Omo pilots the Flashwraith Necramech manually, a Corpus-Faction re-engineered model, in the place of the skeleton remains that normally is contained in a Necramech. Because he's fought early-on (both potentially before you reach Deimos and have unlocked Operator modes) the way you defeat him is more straightforward than normal Necramech encounters. He is always fought one-on-one, and can take damage anywhere on his body. However, the combination of the Flashwraith's moveset and high base health reserves does mean that players will need to be defensive at the right times to avoid being taken down by Omo.

His Necramech (like other necramech encounters) has weakpoints on his shoulders and back where he will take increased damage. They are not required to be damaged to defeat him however, and shooting his shoulders will not disable his weaponry.

Omo has two phases (technically) - after his Mech is taken out, he will jump out and charge at you with a Prova Aegus (Unique weapon to Omo, it's basically a Sword-And-Shield variant of the Prova). Aside from the unique weapon, this phase is essentially as trivial as the previous Sergeant encounter.

Completing the Assassination still rewards the player with Mag components as usual. However once the player has unlocked the Necralisk faction, defeating Omo's necramech will cause him to drop blueprints for one of the four components required to build a Flashwraith the player can use. His second phase has a rare chance to drop the Prova Aegus blueprint.

Flashwraith Necramech:

Spoiler

FBwdDbM.png

High-powered manned security, re-engineered from ancient Entrati weapons. The core systems of this Necramech have been heavily augmented with energy-oriented weaponry and aerial mobility, resulting in a well-rounded mobile combat machine.

(Stats shown are at rank 0)

Health

Shields

Armor

Energy

Sprint Speed

Abilities:

1. Grav Jump
Take to the skies with a powerful leap and send a staggering shockwave to any nearby enemies. Charge it to increase both the height of your boost, and the size of the shockwave you generate on liftoff.

• 25 energy to use
  • Can be used on the ground or in midair - however, activating it in midair will only perform the jumping component of the ability without creating a shockwave.
  • Enemies caught in ground-based shockwave take Impact and Magnetic damage.
    • Charging it will increase the damage dealt and increase status chance.
    • Fully-charging will ragdoll targets hit by the wave.
  • Full charges will temporarily boost the rate at which the Flashwraith's engines regenerate.

Omo Assassination variation:

• Shockwave is slower and doesn't ragdoll, is similar to those generated by Shockwave Moas, whereas the player-controlled version's wave is instantaneous.

2. Epsilon Seeker
Take on wide swaths of foes by launching these homing energy projectiles. Hold to calibrate and lock-on to multiple targets and release to launch a barrage at all of them at once. Alternatively, a short tap will launch an instantaneous barrage at a single target you aim towards.

• 50 energy to use
  • Holding seeker costs an extra 2 energy/second.
  • Takes 0.33 seconds to lock on to targets. Locking on occurs within a circle on your aiming reticle.
  • Charging Epsilon Seeker does not prevent you from firing your main weapon or other actions.

• Player is warned with on-screen prompt and sound when he is preparing this attack.

3. Faraday Veil
Defense at a range, and offense up-close. The Faraday Veil is an arced shield that the Flashwraith can hold in front to catch projectiles and bullets, and release to simultaneously fling attacks back in front of itself and initiate a shield recharge. Utilize the Veil while dashing to scoop up enemies in a magnetic field and crush them against a wall.

• 50 energy to use
  • Holding the Faraday Veil costs 1 energy/second, with an extra energy cost imposed for every 10,000 points of damage blocked.
  • Releasing will create a conical blast of damage equal to 200% of the damage prevented by the veil.
    • Half of this damage is in the same types resisted, while the extra 100% is in Magnetic damage.
    • Attack staggers targets hit and will proc Magnetic status.
    • Does not trigger if no damage was taken.
  • Resisting damage will immediately begin shield recharge, and can grant a shield restore that rises in relationship to damage resisted.
    • This can grant overshields.
  • Can perform all other actions/sprinting/firing while holding this ability.
    • Firing the Archgun through the Faraday Veil boosts its damage by 20% in Magnetic type.

4. Albatross Formation
Reconfigure the Flashwraith into a mobile aerial destroyer, repurposing your archgun into an automatic turret as you rain explosive destruction from above with the Albatross Cluster Bomb.

• 75 energy to use
  • Imposes a 1 energy/sec cost.
  • Can only be activated in midair.
  • Transformation sequence occurs over 1 second
    • While occuring, Flashwraith will remain in midair, but cannot move.
  • When transformed, the Flashwraith controls similarly to a (slow) archwing.
  • Primary fire is substituted out with the Albatross Cluster Bomb Exalted Weapon:
    • High critical rate, low status.
    • Deals Physical, Corrosive, and Electric damage.
    • Primary fire is a charged hitscan blast forward (i.e. Opticor)
    • Secondary fire lobs arcing projectiles beneath the Flashwraith (i.e. doing a bombing run)
  • Albatross Formation can utilize the Flashwraith's other abilities with different functions while flying:
    • Grav Jump - Charged and released speed boost forward. Has a reduced energy cost.
    • Epsilon Seeker - Locks on instantaneously to targets. The projectiles fired travel faster.
    • Faraday Veil - Shield is full spherical coverage around the Flashwraith, and has reduced energy cost. Does not reflect damage, but has improved shield restoration rate.

• Used liberally - Omo glides around the arena while using the Cluster Bomb's secondary fire to generate suppressing fire.
    • Albatross Cluster Bombs have a delayed fuse instead of immediately detonating upon hitting the ground (i.e. similar to Mine Ospreys).
    • He begins using his Primary Fire after being brought below 50% health.

to be added later because I'm short on time right now:

- Concept renders
- Prova Aegus stats?

- damn cool boss fight

you've got me there

- 1v1 boss fight

i'm totally in for this

- new mech

you have taken my mech fan's heart

if there is a thing i would like to add

make his mission more like an arena for a 1v1 Mech theme fight would be great, like-

floor 1 fight with powerful series of MOA or Hyena

floor 2 fight with a more ferocious Jackal or maybe new type of Zanuka

then floor 3 we fight with him

and once we already own Necramech, make it that we have to use Necramech to fight him

something like this

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another Idea for a corpus necramech:

THE TAXMASTER

This necramech is a unique hybrid of Corpus and Entrati technology. It was created with group combat in mind and operates best when supporting an existing force. (The name is a pun on the word 'taskmaster')
    1: Radiation Grenade. Tosses a canister that explodes into an explosion of lethal eletricity. Good for crowd control.
    2: Radiation Aura. Generates a large, spherical aura around the necramech. The necramech and any allies within the aura receive increased shield regeneration; enemies within the aura receive an acute case of radiation poisoning. 
    3: Deploy the Drone. Deploys an Exalted companion; a drone that repairs both shield and health damage.
    4: Shield Overload. Overloads the shields, causing an explosion that deals radiation damage equal to 3 times the current charge of the shield. Note that using this ability sets your shields to 0.

And here's the archgun it uses:
    Tax Collector
    Yet another fusion of corpus and entrati technology, this powerful archgun fires a consistent beam of radiation energy, like a cross between a Fusion Moa’s laser and a Mausoleum. It’s the default weapon of the Taxmaster.

21 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Here's another Idea for a corpus necramech:

THE TAXMASTER

This necramech is a unique hybrid of Corpus and Entrati technology. It was created with group combat in mind and operates best when supporting an existing force. (The name is a pun on the word 'taskmaster')
    1: Radiation Grenade. Tosses a canister that explodes into an explosion of lethal eletricity. Good for crowd control.
    2: Radiation Aura. Generates a large, spherical aura around the necramech. The necramech and any allies within the aura receive increased shield regeneration; enemies within the aura receive an acute case of radiation poisoning. 
    3: Deploy the Drone. Deploys an Exalted companion; a drone that repairs both shield and health damage.
    4: Shield Overload. Overloads the shields, causing an explosion that deals radiation damage equal to 3 times the current charge of the shield. Note that using this ability sets your shields to 0.

I'm actually gonna assume DE's got plans for a new Corpus Archgun already, considering there's enemies in the new Railjack missions that seem to use a new archgun model that we don't have just yet, though these might just be one of those 'briefcase' weapons they were discussing in the queenpin update stream:
2Yo353Q.png

Archived