Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fun Experiment 12] Trinity's Well of Blood and Fire

STUVash

I looked at various frame abilities I rarely used, they either don't kill stuff or are not needed in the frame kit. Either because there's another ability that can do the same job but better or because it's hard to find a proper practical use for it. Alot of time I'm disappointed and eventually after a while I get an idea that works, this is what happenned with Well Of Life.

Well of Life is not needed on Trinity, if the purpose is specifically to heal allies it's not bad but she already has Blessing. Not only that but Blessing lowers damage received to a point where your allies can take hits for longer until you need to heal them again.
Blessing also heal allies based on their %Max Health, while Well Of Life heals according to flat numbers and damage done to the target.
Blessing radius isn't affected by mods, it uses Affinity range instead, while part of the healing from Well Of Life is restricted by Range mods.

This would be enough for you to not bother with Well Of Life on Trinity but here's the interesting part about Well Of Life.
The lifesteal part of Well Of Life has unlimited range, and it works with DoT too.

This means that you could put Well Of Life on an enemy, put a DoT dealing high damage and with a duration that fits the ability duration to keep healing not only yourself but the whole squad constantly.
The best damage we can dish mostly comes from our weapons.

For the DoT duration though, this gets a bit tricky. You'd have to raise Status Duration in one way or another. Luckily for you there's multiple ways.
If you have a full duration build +306% so that Well Of Life can last 36.72seconds

1) Lavos Passive multiply weapon Status Duration with his Ability Duration.

Status last 6 seconds by default.
With +306%, we'd be around 18.36 seconds. That's not good since we'd like our DoT to heal us during the whole ability.

If we add +100% Status Duration on the weapon we'd use, we'd have 12 seconds status on our weapon.
With +306% from Ability Duration, we're now exactly at 36.72 seconds, just like the ability.
(Since it takes a bit of time to land the DoT it's also fine if your Status Duration is slightly lower than that)

We got the Status Duration, now we need a DoT.
Since Lavos can currently use any Status, we could go for Slash status. We'll get a tick every second, if that's not frequent enough depending on how you wish to play, feel free to land multiple hits before leaving your new found Health Generator.

(It's also worth noting that Saryn has a +25% Status Duration on her Passive)

Example against lvl 180 Exo Gokstad Officers (And Their Turrets): 

Révélation

Well_Of_Blood.gif

2) Acrid can use the exclusive mod Toxic Sequence and has high Riven disposition.

While Lavos can solve the Duration issue with any weapon or DoT, other frames won't have this luxury.
However, the unique Status mechanic with Heat makes it possible to use both a really high duration from one weapon and high damage from another.

Heat status proc always refresh the duration of previous stacks, always using the highest duration when comparing the previous stack duration and the next.
Acrid can equip all pistol +Status Duration mods, and Toxic Sequence, which is a +200% Status duration mod, if you have +Status duration riven, you can go even go higher.

On my build using 4 +Status Duration mods (including riven) I got +402% Status Duration on it.
Meaning our Heat stacks can now last up to 24.12 seconds from the last time we inflicted one.

Unfortunately, since Heat works that way, it also means we only have One tick per second. Unlike the previous example where we could have multiple Slash ticks since each has their own timer, not only that but Heat also reduce its damage because of Armor from the enemy.

While Warframe advice the player to use Well Of Life  on a more resilient enemy, in this case we'd rather use it on a target with Low Armor or No Armor at all.
This is a different way to approach the issue.
We also can't have more than one Well Of Life, meaning we won't be able to get Heat ticks from multiple targets to increase our healing rate that way.

Example against lvl 40 Arid Heavy Gunner, DoT is on an infested with No Armor:

Révélation

Well_Of_Fire.gif

3) Abilities that are able to set a Heat proc and have its duration ruled by the Ability and its Ability Duration. (eg. Thermal Sunder)

For those who don't want to use Acrid, or Lavos, there's Gauss' Thermal Sunder ability.
At 100% Ability Duration, it can land a guaranteed Heat stack lasting from 4 to 8 seconds depending on battery level
(Infused version default is 6 seconds)

With +306% Ability duration we raise it to a maximum of 24.48 seconds while playing Gauss. This would be a similar time to Acrid.
From there it works the same, use the higher status duration to land stronger Heat stacks and get life steal every seconds.

Of course, dealing damage with Heat also work with Lavos abilities, Heat Catalyze + Heat Vial Rush to make Heat last longer is plenty enough, just make sure to pick a low armor enemy if you can.

4) Have a weapon applying Heat stacks on your target constantly. (eg. Ferrox)

With a Heat build on Ferrox it's possible to get an easy access to a +30seconds Heat status since Ferrox keeps applying damage to nearby targets using the Alt-Fire.
However, there's no damage burst, the total damage is kinda good after +30seconds. So unless you're fighting enemies which remove very little health to begin with you might want to have another way to deal high Heat damage in very few hits.

In that case, you should kick start the Heat damage with maybe a Heavy Attack Heat melee build or any other Heat burst of damage you can get, and then you'd put the Ferrox near the target with Well Of Life on it.

Hope you enjoyed this experiment, I was quite pleased to find comfortable ways to use Trinity's Well Of Life.
Happy Hunting Tenno 😊

I use light mode and for some reason your post is white text on a black background.  Are you doing something that makes it that way?  If there's something you can do to change that I'd request you do, as I want to read about your experiment but find it difficult to read due to the clash of large areas of dark and light.  Or maybe it's a forum bug?  Sad face.

il y a 9 minutes, (PSN)Unstar a dit :

I use light mode and for some reason your post is white text on a black background.  Are you doing something that makes it that way?  If there's something you can do to change that I'd request you do, as I want to read about your experiment but find it difficult to read due to the clash of large areas of dark and light.  Or maybe it's a forum bug?  Sad face.

It was on purpose, never thought it would be an issue to someone :/

Thanks for changing the text, my eyes can breathe again! ^^

That's a really interesting and creative way to use an ability that most people have thrown in the trash.  I love theory-crafting like this, even if it's not "optimal" it's nice to see the possibility space thoroughly explored.  In the end did you feel like any of these 3 techniques was worth using long-term in one of your builds?

It hurt to hear about Helminth being used on Lavos, but I accept that it had to be done for science ^^

il y a 11 minutes, (PSN)Unstar a dit :

Thanks for changing the text, my eyes can breathe again! ^^

That's a really interesting and creative way to use an ability that most people have thrown in the trash.  I love theory-crafting like this, even if it's not "optimal" it's nice to see the possibility space thoroughly explored.  In the end did you feel like any of these 3 techniques was worth using long-term in one of your builds?

It hurt to hear about Helminth being used on Lavos, but I accept that it had to be done for science ^^

Assuming you'd like to be able to take hits, and if your frame has a decent base Armor and Health pool. Yes. All 3 work wonders, with the 1st one working even better since it has multiple lifesteal Ticks but it does have a 10 seconds cooldown afterwards

If you and your squad have the required stats, you can just all stop dodging, you can't die anymore.
As for Lavos, I have 6 Config Slots so I don't mind switching things around =)

I would use it only if I want to help my squad survive or to have a relaxed run.

50 minutes ago, STUVash said:

I looked at various frame abilities I rarely used, they either don't kill stuff or are not needed in the frame kit. Either because there's another ability that can do the same job but better or because it's hard to find a proper practical use for it. Alot of time I'm disappointed and eventually after a while I get an idea that works, this is what happenned with Well Of Life.

Not sure if ppl have said this already but sometimes it's because the frame is good as is and doesn't necessarily need the last "useless" ability

edit: not saying this is the case with trinity, i have no experience with her

il y a 5 minutes, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 a dit :

Not sure if ppl have said this already but sometimes it's because the frame is good as is and doesn't necessarily need the last "useless" ability

edit: not saying this is the case with trinity, i have no experience with her

Yes, and even in the example of Trinity it was just a matter of time until I got an idea. I have this problem too with Mag's Pull. I got some ideas and results but they're not that great.

But here for Well Of Life I ended up finding something that is usable in missions and give decent results. Now that's worth sharing =)

Archived