Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the RJ crew, the main syndicates "enemy/friend" mechanic is more pointless than ever...

MollAgdeduba

Before the update the fact that a syndicate was enemy or friend with other syndicate, was really, completely illogic and this mechanic was rich of problem, just unsensed in some cases, deeper and severe in other cases. There are a lot of thing that we do for "breaking our syndicate rules"; here the examples i've in mind but i'm sure there could be more and more and a lot of more:

-) Quest from syndicate wich you are enemies [Hei! i really hate you, but i will help you to find this super weapon]

-) Trade with enemies syndicate with Arbiter/Veil in relay or from Palladino [Hei! i really hate you, but let's take this reward like eny other tenno]

-) Eximus invasion team: [Hei... someone just killed our assassin army... an enemies? NO! Our grandmaster!]

-) The lore of syndicate is not followed by the Tenno [What we want? Kill grineer! And how we could kill more of them? Working for the grineer cause they are rewarding detonite ampule! Hail red veil!]

-) Etc.... Etc... Etc...

Now, with the new RJ update this senseless hatred among the various syndicate is again in discussion. I'm a General for the Meridian and an Exalted for the Veil; for the lore i'm one of theyr most devote and faithful soldier, but in my crew i have 2 Arbiter of Hexis (my super enemies) and 1 Ceph. Suda ( another super enemies).

I think is time for DE to revisit how the major syndicate work, removing the "friendly/enemies" mechanic.

An idea could be to create for each syndicate an area of interest and we could interact with that syndicate when we have to do something in that area.

Stupid example just to give a little idea:

-) Steel meridian: Gain access to Grineer weapons, cosmetic and in the future some "grineer related" quest 
-) Ceph. Suda: Search of knowledge; maybe work with Simaris to something codex related
-) Arbiter of Hexis: Arbitration & don't know....
-) Red Veil: don't know....
-) New loka: The hippie of the system, something related to kubrov, kavat, and etc....
-) Perrin Sequence: Gain access to Corpus weapons, cosmetic and in the future some "Corpus related" quest

8 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Before the update the fact that a syndicate was enemy or friend with other syndicate, was really, completely illogic and this mechanic was rich of problem, just unsensed in some cases, deeper and severe in other cases. There are a lot of thing that we do for "breaking our syndicate rules"; here the examples i've in mind but i'm sure there could be more and more and a lot of more:

-) Quest from syndicate wich you are enemies [Hei! i really hate you, but i will help you to find this super weapon]

-) Trade with enemies syndicate with Arbiter/Veil in relay or from Palladino [Hei! i really hate you, but let's take this reward like eny other tenno]

-) Eximus invasion team: [Hei... someone just killed our assassin army... an enemies? NO! Our grandmaster!]

-) The lore of syndicate is not followed by the Tenno [What we want? Kill grineer! And how we could kill more of them? Working for the grineer cause they are rewarding detonite ampule! Hail red veil!]

-) Etc.... Etc... Etc...

Now, with the new RJ update this senseless hatred among the various syndicate is again in discussion. I'm a General for the Meridian and an Exalted for the Veil; for the lore i'm one of theyr most devote and faithful soldier, but in my crew i have 2 Arbiter of Hexis (my super enemies) and 1 Ceph. Suda ( another super enemies).

I think is time for DE to revisit how the major syndicate work, removing the "friendly/enemies" mechanic.

An idea could be to create for each syndicate an area of interest and we could interact with that syndicate when we have to do something in that area.

Stupid example just to give a little idea:

-) Steel meridian: Gain access to Grineer weapons, cosmetic and in the future some "grineer related" quest 
-) Ceph. Suda: Search of knowledge; maybe work with Simaris to something codex related
-) Arbiter of Hexis: Arbitration & don't know....
-) Red Veil: don't know....
-) New loka: The hippie of the system, something related to kubrov, kavat, and etc....
-) Perrin Sequence: Gain access to Corpus weapons, cosmetic and in the future some "Corpus related" quest

For me most stupid mechanism about syndicate was always the fact that ENEMY syndicate will randomly invade you on your mission and try to kill you < and thats ok with me

Where in the F! Are FRIEND syndicates? Why they randomly dont jump into our missions and help us for a bit?

ENEMY syndicates are more pro-active than FRIEND syndicates? FRIEND syndicates are to good to help us but we are good enough to be invaded when we are ENEMY to them?

I just want to point out that we can only gain 2 negative ranks in ENEMY syndicates while we need to gain 5 ranks in FRIEND syndicates

Seems it would be better to be enemy to all syndicate since at least they jump into our missions and at least leave some item after we defeat them

(I do realize we get to buy stuff from FRIEND syndicates but still that behavior is strange)

You are using their agents to fight Corpus, Grineer, Infested and Sentients.

Also, you are an opposition in terms of ideology alliance. ENEMY, would be Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Sentient.

Tenno: "Hey, you are allied with my faction, we need manpower to fight the bigger threats."

Opposing Syndicate:"Although I don't like you in particular..."

T: "I know. So does you."

OS: "I still ask for compensation for sending my followers there."

T: "Fair."

T: "... Right, fine."

il y a 31 minutes, (XBOX)C11H22O11 a dit :

Only now you noticed? Suda hated me and out of nowhere she calls me " hey wanna hear some sick beats? Help me build Octavia"

You got me laughing at the thought of Suda talking like that. Aaaaah what a good day.

1 hour ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

New loka hate anything "impure" witch was any other faction then tenno just saying

New Loka doesn't particularly like the Tenno either.  Do the Titania quest, she whines about asking someone like you to help (even if you're at max rank with them).

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

You are using their agents to fight Corpus, Grineer, Infested and Sentients.

Also, you are an opposition in terms of ideology alliance. ENEMY, would be Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Sentient.

I feel like there’s a bit of a leap between ‘I will help even if you oppose us ideologically’ and ‘I will send a death squad your way because you oppose us ideologically’.

i have yet to join any of these syndicates after 1400 hours of play just because of these kind of annoyances. i don't want the enemy factions bothering me when i'm playing. as for the railjack crew i picked the ones who looked cool and didn't care which faction they belong to.

2 minutes ago, _junguler said:

i have yet to join any of these syndicates after 1400 hours of play just because of these kind of annoyances. i don't want the enemy factions bothering me when i'm playing. as for the railjack crew i picked the ones who looked cool and didn't care which faction they belong to.

I dunno, free eximus spawns for more affinity ever so often? Great! Plus the benefits of the syndicates. So much free stuff. And you litterally don't have to do anything for them. Just play the game.

9 minutes ago, _junguler said:

After 1400 hours nothing they can send your way will be even an annoyance.

Just saiyan.

4 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

I agree that three of the quests were kinda weird about this: in Silver Grove and Glast Gambit, I should have been meeting Amaryn and Glast out in the back alley, not in the main hall of people trying to kill me. Same thing with Octavia's Anthem for people who allied against her

Chains of Harrow, I don't think it's a problem. The impetus behind the first mission is that an unidentified psychic force is brainwashing all their investigators. Either Red Veil doesn't know what it is and are sending in Hexis Tenno as guinea pigs, or they do know what it is and will take all the help they can get

This is probably also why Palladino is friends with Hexis Tenno too: she's seen some serious sh*t and she's just beyond petty mortal allegiance now

This was actually partly explained for Red Veil in Pacifism Defect: it turns out the Red Veil are just freaking nuts who will randomly up and attack Steel Meridian for no reason. But only half-explained, because that brings into question why any of us Tenno agree to shelter these nutjobs in the first place!

I don't think this is a problem. It's not like you're betraying the syndicates. You're still attacking the Corpus, and making sure to extort a mercenary paycheck from the Grineer while you're at it

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

I dunno, free eximus spawns for more affinity ever so often? Great! Plus the benefits of the syndicates. So much free stuff. And you litterally don't have to do anything for them. Just play the game.

that makes sense, i'll give it a try, what do i have to lose :)

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

After 1400 hours nothing they can send your way will be even an annoyance.

Just saiyan.

i didn't mean it as them killing me or anything like that but you are right, not a good reason to avoid the content, i'll join them :)

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I agree that three of the quests were kinda weird about this: in Silver Grove and Glast Gambit, I should have been meeting Amaryn and Glast out in the back alley, not in the main hall of people trying to kill me. Same thing with Octavia's Anthem for people who allied against her

Chains of Harrow, I don't think it's a problem. The impetus behind the first mission is that an unidentified psychic force is brainwashing all their investigators. Either Red Veil doesn't know what it is and are sending in Hexis Tenno as guinea pigs, or they do know what it is and will take all the help they can get

This is probably also why Palladino is friends with Hexis Tenno too: she's seen some serious sh*t and she's just beyond petty mortal allegiance now

This was actually partly explained for Red Veil in Pacifism Defect: it turns out the Red Veil are just freaking nuts who will randomly up and attack Steel Meridian for no reason. But only half-explained, because that brings into question why any of us Tenno agree to shelter these nutjobs in the first place!

I don't think this is a problem. It's not like you're betraying the syndicates. You're still attacking the Corpus, and making sure to extort a mercenary paycheck from the Grineer while you're at it

If the Red Veil will just up and attack Steel Meridian for no reason then why are they allied?  That makes no sense at all.

Honestly, to me none of the allies/enemies for the factions makes much sense, despite the various jabs at lore that DE has tried to insert.  But it's the same BS we see in other games/fiction - smaller factions fighting against each other when there are WAY more important enemies to fight and it makes a ton more sense to ally with each other to defeat that bigger enemy.  You can always kill each other after (Narrator: Actually you can't as the bigger enemy will never be defeated.)

2 hours ago, Elessara1 said:

If the Red Veil will just up and attack Steel Meridian for no reason then why are they allied?  That makes no sense at all.

Beats the hell out of me, but it happened and they're still somehow friends!

2 hours ago, Elessara1 said:

Honestly, to me none of the allies/enemies for the factions makes much sense, despite the various jabs at lore that DE has tried to insert.  But it's the same BS we see in other games/fiction - smaller factions fighting against each other when there are WAY more important enemies to fight and it makes a ton more sense to ally with each other to defeat that bigger enemy.  You can always kill each other after (Narrator: Actually you can't as the bigger enemy will never be defeated.)

If you're implying the Sentients, they actually gave reasons for that: The Grineer actually believe Sentients to be saviors who, however indirectly, helped the Grineer throw off the Orokin yoke of oppression. Meanwhile the Corpus are just so arrogant that they think they can (and in some respects, already have) defeat and weaponize the Sentients without the Tenno's help

Ideally the syndicates would work differently but yeah...

I dunno. They either lacked money or time or creativity when it was made and so we got this.

I don't like how unimportant the syndicates and our relationship is either. With Railjack I can understand how they would sell us some of their own but everything else kinda feel unfinished.

8 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

For me most stupid mechanism about syndicate was always the fact that ENEMY syndicate will randomly invade you on your mission and try to kill you < and thats ok with me

Where in the F! Are FRIEND syndicates? Why they randomly dont jump into our missions and help us for a bit?

ENEMY syndicates are more pro-active than FRIEND syndicates? FRIEND syndicates are to good to help us but we are good enough to be invaded when we are ENEMY to them?

I just want to point out that we can only gain 2 negative ranks in ENEMY syndicates while we need to gain 5 ranks in FRIEND syndicates

Seems it would be better to be enemy to all syndicate since at least they jump into our missions and at least leave some item after we defeat them

(I do realize we get to buy stuff from FRIEND syndicates but still that behavior is strange)

They do help us with missions. We have syndicate agents join us in syndicate missions.

10 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Simaris working with Suda? Pfft... hahaha! I think that even though we rescued and fixed Suda, Simaris probably still considers her broken and weird.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Shelneroth said:

They do help us with missions. We have syndicate agents join us in syndicate missions.

Enemy syndicates will invade in any mission
Helping in syndicate mission is helping only your cause

9 hours ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

I feel like there’s a bit of a leap between ‘I will help even if you oppose us ideologically’ and ‘I will send a death squad your way because you oppose us ideologically’.

I think it's fair to point out that for Tenno, death is less a full stop, and more of a semicolon. There's certainly a point to it, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

I think it's fair to point out that for Tenno, death is less a full stop, and more of a semicolon. There's certainly a point to it, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

Do you think the syndicates know this? I like the idea of casually "killing" an immortal as a means of conveying disapproval, but I'm not sure the syndicates know that is the extent of their actions. 

Archived