Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Ogris will still occasionally do self damage (and team pets/sentinel/objective dmg) - edit: added video reply

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

One shotting my 7k health Inaros, killing my sentinal.   Can happen on a regular mission (kuva survival, lua capture, etc - not radiation-hazard sorties)

And when it happens, it can also destroy mobile defense targets - even with an R5 Healing (which should prevent any chance of a radiation proc - although may 102% chance to resist doesn't mean you resist in DE maths?)

only relevant mods might be PFirestorm, Nightwatch Napalm, and split chamber.  

The ogris in question has innate radiation (and obv blast on the radial as well),

the modded element doesn't seem to matter as it happens with Toxin, Gas, Corrosive, and additional radiation.

It is not common - but maybe once every 50 missions or so - so i've not been able to consistently replicate whats happening.  Faction I'm fighting doesn't matter, as mentioned doesn't need to be a radiation hazard sortie, can happen even with R5 Healing, multiple maps.... not getting radiation proc'd by a laser before hand either (no lasers on tiles when it happened.  No radiation proc on me PRIOR to it happening however if by chance it only MOSTLY kills me, adaptation will show an immunity to radiation - presumably adapting to my own self damage as there were no sources of radiation around me the times I noticed that and it didn't kill me  Obviously when it does one shot me which is usually the case, there is never a radiation proc on the screen even in slow replay of recorded instances I've reviewed.

Mine has innate magnetic and its happened ONCE, and on Nidus, which removed every single stack I had(i had probably around 60?). It completely bypassed Nidus' passive and i went down lol I thought maybe NPC, but i would have gone into immortal mode. So this makes sense on why it happened.

I was not running P/Firestorm or NN, just Split Chamber.

Video Samples

Example 1) Notice i have NO radiation proc until I shoot the MY ogris which downs me AND gives me a radiation proc.  This is actually TWO bugs as first it should not self damage, and second I have a maxed Arcane Healing which should mean I should not be able to get a radiation proc in the first place.  In any event, it is my own ogris that both downs me and gives me the proc.:

Second example there is NO radiation proc - but again it is my own Ogris that kills me.

In both cases there are no enemies that are even close to having sufficient fire power to down my inaros even if I had just been standing there twiddling my thumbs.

first example I dont remember which elements I had it configured for in addition to the innate radiation - would have been either toxin+additional radiation or corrosive.

Second example I know is configured for gas.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

Have to say - its particularly annoying when it happens in Arbitrations 😬

In both of those videos I see Nightwatch Napalm. Have you had this happen without that mod equipped? Maybe it is caused by some weird interaction between Primed Firestorm and Nightwatch Napalm. Try running without those mods and see if you can replicate the issue. I've been using the ogris quite a bit and haven't had this come up.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

In both of those videos I see Nightwatch Napalm. Have you had this happen without that mod equipped? Maybe it is caused by some weird interaction between Primed Firestorm and Nightwatch Napalm. Try running without those mods and see if you can replicate the issue. I've been using the ogris quite a bit and haven't had this come up.

I noted those in the OP as possible suspects  - Plus as much multishot as one can stack (multishot being a reason even when self damage was supposed to be a thing, Cautious Shot was completely useless since it calculated probability per projectile, so with 3x+ multishot, you were basically going to kill yourself every 3rd trigger pull even with it maxed, whereas without any multishot you could do about 9 trigger pulls on average)

More possible requirements might be the crit buff from a cat or something

I suppose I could remove them, try different builds, heck even try different kuva ogris (I have an electric one in addition to the radiation one I usually use)  but changing the config will significantly reduce the weapons efficacy, meaning many of the missions for which I would use it become a slog, and I'm not terribly interested in slogging to do DE"s research lol

While I personally have killed my self with Octavia, Mirage, and Mag in addition to Inaros, I actually suspect it happens far more than people realize, but that shield gating is masking the problem most of the time, and the perhaps some people assume if they actually do die, an enemy got lucky.

To really notice it, it almost requires  Inaros  or Nidus and a build on one's ogris that will easily one shot either of those two frames no matter how many Adaptation stacks, health pool, etc is on the frame's build.

Another instant self-nuke.  Here the enemies are only level 16-18, (nightmare mission, no shield modifier only) 

With the damage such low enemies do, I could stand there all day and face tank everything on the map and not die.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived