Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Incentive to do thermia fractures after completing it once

THE_ZEEK

While in my orbiter, i see a new mission event..

I look, OH bummer .. thermia fractures..  no real reason to play that content, as there is nothing for me to gain..

Would it not be nice, to have some form of vendor/ rewards like the plaguestar missions, that you actually earn and spend it on something useful after having played (and finished it) once..

thermia fractures are only there so you can make diluted thermia to fight exploiter orbs.   I freaking HATE sealing fractures.

I mostly leech Exploiter runs from other people.   I have farmed up multiple R5 arcanes to sell,  I just built Hildy and baruuk just so I could sacrifice them to Helminth.  I have both ephemera and the blood sigil from exploiter,  Have countless captura/articula.

I would love to farm for arcanes but I just cant take it any more lol.  

1 DIluted Thermia would have to be 1 umbra forma or 1 aura forma at an NPC vendor before I would get off my butt to do fractures lol...   Or 1 Thermia would have to let you buy like 5-10 R0 arcanes since it takes 21 of them to make an R5....  

Laz toroid = 12k standing....  1 arcane = 10k standing .....    sure res booster/bless + smeeta and you can get 2-4+ roids per boss fight....  But thats still like 10-20 Exploiter fights to get 1 max arcane lol..    Thats 10-20 diluted thermia you need...thats a hell of a lot of fractures if your solo..... still alot with a full group.....

That is cruel and unusual punishment.  

----------------

So you want a reason to get diluted thermia to make it worth running??  Maybe if fractures spit out kuva.  1k per fracture x people in squad.   Full squad = 4k kuva per fracture.   Hmmm id probably double that to 2k x squad.  That would get me helping every damn newbie I could find do fracture sealing lol and even put up with other veteran players.  

It's the fastest way of gaining Necramech XP out there, and the diluted thermia is still needed for the boss fight. That being said, maybe the thermia fractures shouldn't be displayed at such a visible spot at the orbiter, and instead the matchmaking for the fractures could be moved somewhere in Fortuna.

in Contrast

the Balor Formorian and RazorBack Armada events are Much less grindy, and award a more repeatedly useful Orokin Catalyst

I always replay those.

such a big disparity in effort required vs the value of the rewards.

Perhaps the Thermia, Ghoul Purge, etc events should have some rewards of similar caliber, so I have a reason to play them?

doesn't have to be another Catalyst, even 2-3 Premade Forma, or 20k Kuva would be enough to motivate me.

On 2021-03-31 at 3:04 AM, PhiThagRaid said:

Just give me the ability to get duplicates of the amalgam mods and I'll run these fractures again.

There actually was a bug that allowed you to do that when this event came out... 

I think you could slap Amalgam Serration on your Robot to double it's Effect.

On 2021-03-31 at 3:46 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Perhaps the Thermia, Ghoul Purge, etc events should have some rewards of similar caliber, so I have a reason to play them?

Rewards are nice and all... But shouldn't DE first do something about how Tedius this mission is first ? 

I mean I don't find Balor Fomorian or Razorback fun either but atleast they are Short... That helps alot....

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

There actually was a bug that allowed you to do that when this event came out... 

I think you could slap Amalgam Serration on your Robot to double it's Effect.

If your second statement is explaining your first, then that is not my goal, I'd just like duplicates for my collection.

Archived