Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Ship Defense is abysmal

OniGrimm

I'm a rational, calm, peaceful person. I understand that hatred is a very strong, dangerous and unhealthy emotion. In my life i try to abstain myself from feeling hate to things and stuff, always trying to look on the other side of things, watch it from a different angle, come to understanding. But this... This tile, i ABSOLUTELY HATE. Not only it's overly big, it's  unreasonably twisted.

It is awful to navigate there. I want to go down to the floor - can't, there's stairs and extra outstanding levels. I want to go up - can't, BONK, hit my head on stairs and extra outstanding levels. Want to go horizontally straight to kill one enemy - can't, first you need to go around some crates, then some more crates, then through short corridor, roundabout that wall with stairs in it aaaaaand you rolled off the platform and fell down.

To add to that, not only i cant move and navigate there, the Corpus, the SHIP'S STAFF ITSELF can't navigate there. And they supposed to live and work there! I once was doing a syndicate defense mission there, i was there solo, it took me 30+ minutes to finish TEN WAVES! AND A WAS PLAYING SPEED NOVA!(yes i'm screaming) This is just unacceptable.

Also this:

On 2021-03-19 at 6:18 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Made enemy flow improvements to the Corpus Ship Remastered Defense mission. Enemies will spawn and navigate closer to the Defense Objective for less waiting! 

No effect whatsoever. More to that, on railjack defense, you know those two corridors at top of the map placed opposite to each other, enemies can spawn in rooms adjacent to them. I often go there to kill remaining enemies and what do i see? Three dudes can't make their way around freakin' railings and just standing there! You know that room, that intermediate room with path going along the wall, but having a straight clear path was too much to ask, so it has a space in the middle covered by damn railing. They were standing on other side using railing as cover never wanting to move. If i weren't go there, they wouldn't either.

I do not have much experience in level designing or modeling, but i have experience in level designs, and this tile set is dreadful. I have respect for designers work, they did a great job, but thy did even greater job to give nightmares to M C Escher himself. I know it might look like i'm overreacting and overexaggerating, but i'm really not trying to, all off what i said have a basis in practice. I'm not playing Corpus ship defense ever again. Never ever ever. Whether it void rift, or grind place for something specific, or important passing node, or even alert to Umbra Forma, never, it's not worth it. It's tilting, maddening and i hate it. All of Remastered Corpus Ship tile sets is completely unfun and irritating to play in. No place to run straight, always need to take detours around boxes/barrels/railings/consoles, all corner cuts are blocked by something, AND YOU CAN GET SOFT-STUCK IN EVERY SINGLE NOOK AND CRANNY along your way there.

Again, don't want to mean any disrespect to developers work, it does look good and you did a great job. And of you designed it to be so uncomfortable to move through (which is looking to be done intentionally), you did even greater job. Have a good day.

While this tile might work as interception (even then it's too big imo) it is the worst tile for defense with how spawns work in this game. If it had a whole group of enemies spawn together and only like 3 or 4 big groups per wave or something then it would be bearable but the enemies coming in completely by themselves from literal narnia is just the worst. It looks pretty but unfortunately this is all the level designers cared about and that's a S#&$ way to design levels.

New corpus ship defense is easily one of the worst if not the worst defense tile in the game.

• 2 months later...

I am willing to add to that completely reasonable hate.

I was baited at the site of Defense in Railjack. Me and my gf we like "Hey, we are going to do easy and streamlined leveling of Necramechs here" You know the type of get some snacks some drinks and just kill stuff. Well the nightmare of a tile aside, the entire mission affinity gain is a complete scam. Yes SCAM.

We NEVER exited a Railjack Defense with the levels shown in end of mission. As soon as we go to arsenal levels are gone. Even more, levels were reduced???? We had a case where, after 20 minutes in the Hell of a tileset Defense in Railjack, a Necramech went from level 19(starting mission from Orbiter so level was confirmed to be actual level) to level 17 after return to orbiter after the mission.... It lost 2 levels after 20 minutes and the game saying it reached level 36..... That is unacceptable.

Not only the tile i horrible, but the one out of the 2 reasons to even go to it is a lie and a robbery of your time, like an insulting slap in the face, but the hand is made of razors and sprayed with salt and vinegar.

In most Defense missions it takes 1~2 min per round.

With this awful map it takes like 3 min per round.

I simply refuse to play this map as defense mission (its okay as interception) and back out whenever I see it on Steel Path incursion or fissure.

• 2 weeks later...

1000000000000000000000000000000000000% Agree man.  

I hate parkour'ing around Corpus ships.  They are huge vast tiles but somehow there is always crap in my way, elevation changes I have to make.  

Screw wall running... just give us the ability to normal run lol.   

Cl4ptr4p has Stairs

Warframes have railings. 

----------

I dont understand why DE has to ruin entire modes of play by making some of the nodes a pain in the ass to deal with.   

Lich/Murmurs are ruined by spy/rescue/interception.

Railjack right now is plagued with Radiators on grineer side and  Defense/Volatile/Orphix on corpus side.   (Blowing up the weak points in Volatile isnt the part that makes that node suck, so the AI changes are meaningless.  Its the 3 layer pipe bursting and engineers)  (Orphix timers/scale up were aggressively and insanely altered.  I 've gotten zero arcanes from RJ oprhix,  I've seen ZERO people recruit to do orphix runs)

Please for the love of god make one mission type as fun as another so you dont have to avoid the crappy meta/complex ones.  

I will probably run RJ- spy nodes solo for fun.   But when im wanting to join randoms and play railjack for fun as a squad, joining a spy group will SUCK.   

==============

They could change that defense tile.  

They could remove and change spy/intercept/rescue nodes in murmurs.   (I think spy nodes shouldnt even show up if you have the game set to public, that would be awesome)

They could change orphix difficulty/progression back to what it was originally if not nerf it a teeny tiny amount to make 36 easier in random squads.

Volatile could be less punishing and easier to pass.  (and also the pipe tile is just as bad if not more horrible than Defense tile)

You know granum voids were a little to meta also.  I played the ever loving hell out of Granum Voids thanx to the decorations inside and capturas.   But now we have to go back to them for corpus liches,  even though we dont have to do perfect runs inside people are still going to be pissed that they CANT do perfect runs unless they bring meta frames (which I think wont be possible for progenitor reasons ???)  But after you do whatever you want with Granum Voids you just avoid them like the plague and dont help newbs farm protea because you dont wanna switch to Mesa.    Why was it never nerfed so all frames could have done that content???

==================

Why bother making nodes/content your average player will avoid at all costs??

Take all my +1 sir/ma'am.

Any defense mission on this map, be it arbitration, sortie, railjack, I won't play it. It's too frustrating, the enemy spawn points are too far away, the AI constantly get lost or stuck, and if one of the mobs doesn't get stuck right back at the furthermost spawn point, the Corpus treasurer dude does, and the wave won't clear until you chase him.

It's a fun intercept map but for defense pleeease use something else or tweak it.

Archived