Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Duplicate Protection Fix

[DE]Zach

Hey Tenno!

With our introduction of Nightwave Intermission III, we added duplicate protection so that users would receive Nightwave Cred instead of items they already owned.

Players who reached Rank 23, and Rank 28, didn’t receive Cred in replacement of the Wolf Howl Emote and the Emissary Operator Collection. Sorry about the mix-up!

To fix this, we are going to be running a script in near future on PC (consoles soon to follow!) that will give you the intended 50 Nightwave Cred per item affected. Keep an eye out for this in the near future, we will update this thread once it has finished running!

Thanks Tenno!

EDIT:

The script has been completed on PC!

51 minutes ago, Archaeopelta said:

Thanks for letting us to know what's going on with this matter, much appreciated.

By the way @[DE]Zach, I'd check too the Protosomid Shoulder Guard at rank 25, lot of players claimed they did not get the extra credits too for that item. I can't remember if I got them also :/

what is that glyph you have?

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

What about mods? Shouldn't we get Creds for mods as well?

The duplicate protection is for Cosmetics specifically. One could hold on to Mods from Nightwave, even duplicate ones, to then Trade for Plat when they're not available.

1 hour ago, Archaeopelta said:

Thanks for letting us to know what's going on with this matter, much appreciated.

By the way @[DE]Zach, I'd check too the Protosomid Shoulder Guard at rank 25, lot of players claimed they did not get the extra credits too for that item. I can't remember if I got them also :/

We tested all cosmetics just in case! Through our testing we found that all other cosmetic rewards worked as intended.

34 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

The duplicate protection is for Cosmetics specifically. One could hold on to Mods from Nightwave, even duplicate ones, to then Trade for Plat when they're not available.

I wonder how much I can get from them... thank you.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

What about mods? Shouldn't we get Creds for mods as well?

While the OP here failed to be clear about it, DE's announcement from the start was that we'd only get duplicate protection for cosmetics. Presumably there's some potential utility in extra copies of the mods.

1 hour ago, -Augustus- said:

While the OP here failed to be clear about it, DE's announcement from the start was that we'd only get duplicate protection for cosmetics. Presumably there's some potential utility in extra copies of the mods.

My point is that mods will be probably much cheaper than 50 Credits.

75 Creds = Orokin catalyst/reactor = 20p

100 creds = 2x mods => I should get ~26p; I can see only one person who want to buy for 5p each.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

My point is that mods will be probably much cheaper than 50 Credits.

75 Creds = Orokin catalyst/reactor = 20p

100 creds = 2x mods => I should get ~26p; I can see only one person who want to buy for 5p each.

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that's a pathetic, entitled, grasping take on duplicate rewards. 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

We tested all cosmetics just in case! Through our testing we found that all other cosmetic rewards worked as intended.

Its probably just that the image on the NW tracker remained the same. Was expecting the image to update with credits if it was replaced.

On 2021-03-31 at 12:52 AM, [DE]Zach said:

Slightly off-topic here, but since we're talking about scripts and nobody has brought it up, the Nightwave Weekly Act "Feed the Beast" which has appeared once so far in the beginning of this season rewarded only 1500 points instead of the intended 4500 at least on PC. Apologies if the issue has been addressed somewhere else, but there seems to be no fix in the works, or at least it has not been communicated yet.

Archived