Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra shouldn't disable Exalted Blade on transference

lukinu_u

As the title say, I think Excalibur Umbra shouldn't disable Exalted Blade on transference.

Used correctly, transference is a really useful control, survivability and movement tool that blend extremly well and smoothly with the base gameplay.
On all warframes, the interaction between transference and channeled ability is really simple and can be sorted in 2 categories :

• The ability is maintained and still consume energy (Renewal, Prism, Assimilate Absorb, etc...), even if not usable (Exalted weapons).
  • The ability prevent some actions, including transference (Sound Quake, held Scarab Swarm, Sol Gate, etc...).

The only exeption to this rule is Excalibur Umbra's Exalted Blade (not the regular one) which instead just turn it off, and the reason I'm mentionning it's the only exeption is to show how it's not any kind of balance or intented purpose, it just doesn't fit and make Excalibur Umbra a downgrade to the normal Excalibur if you're looking for an Exalted Blade build.

If the Exalted Blade switch off is there to avoid players using Excalibur Umbra as an afk Exalted Blade turret, a simple solution it to prevent him to use the blade (just shooting with normal weapons while still consuming energy), or simply let him use the blade, because a player will end up making much better use of it that Umbra's AI.

I agree, if it wasn't for him putting away his exalted blade every time I use the operator, I would play Umbra a lot more.

My idea for a fix that would avoid this and not break his unique sentience trait would be -

• On transference if gun or normal melee is active - Umbra moves like normal and switches weapons.
  • Then on transference if exalted blade is active, umbra poses like all the other frames, then maybe after 30 seconds walks about.

Basically a short delay on umbra sentience if using the exalted blade thus allow quickly popping in and out of operator.

Archived