Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet AI since rail jack rework is AWFUL.

_cunningStunts

TLDR:  pet AI has changed drastically, making them die constantly.  

thread 1
thread 2

These two threads linked above include more than enough information detailing the extent of what has happened.  They also show there are more than enough people describing the same issues for this to be considered wide spread...a........petdemic if you will.  It's so wide spread, that I would bet if you don't think this affects you, I would challenge you to pay attention to your Kavat or Kubrow while  you play from this point on.  You WILL notice them dying significantly more than before the rail jack patch.  Once you do, start watching them on your maps while playing, and you'll see what is being described.

The pets that ARE affected seem to be Kavat's and Kubrows.  Something with their aggression/aggro, or the 'leashing' mechanic where they teleport back to you after a certain distance, as it has been coined... has been simply, broken.  

It does NOT seem to affect Celestial Twins/Specters/MOAs/Sentinals/Excalibur AI (I may be missing a couple things).  I honestly don't want to waste even more time explaining any more, there is a PLETHORA of evidence and descriptions of what's going on already.  Getting not even a nod from the devs about this issue, which literally makes the most useful companions LESS THAN WORTHLESS, is beyond frustrating.

23 minutes ago, _cunningStunts said:

It does NOT seem to affect Celestial Twins/Specters/MOAs/Sentinals/Excalibur AI (I may be missing a couple things).  I honestly don't want to waste even more time explaining any more, there is a PLETHORA of evidence and descriptions of what's going on already.  Getting not even a nod from the devs about this issue, which literally makes the most useful companions LESS THAN WORTHLESS, is beyond frustrating.

The only pets that prove useful during Railjack would be Vulpaphyla, the Infested version of the Kavat. This is largely due their effective immortality due to each Vulpaphyla coming standard with a Larva Form precept. While in Larva form, the Vulpaphyla is effectively invincible while dealing low damage. After thirty seconds (assuming maxed precept,) they respawn in their primary form.

I think the best option would be to add a "heel" mod for kubrows and kavats.

Since you just have to remove attack precepts from sentinels to make them stop attacking, it would make sense to add a mod for kubrows/kavats to "discipline" them and make them stay at their master's side at all times.

There are already mods to make them do "tricks", like digging up things, bestow good luck or fetch items, so I wouldn't see it as lore-unfriendly to add a mod that makes them not run around and attack random targets, thereby adding a degree of discipline to their behaviour.

Archived