Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra forma is impossible to obtain

HadeZx

As were all suffering from not having the primed sure footed mod already

There were couple of times I've reached over 25

but the time-gated nightwave just had to be reset to rank1 in every season

These time-gated chores are what made me quit certain games like WoW

I know there are other contents, but the ultimate goal is you want to get a hand on those umbra forma

to get an actual progress in your account ja?

which is just not happening at all for a person who cant log in everyday

Having returned to the game; with absolute no clue of the season's schedule just makes me wanna quit in the first place 

to avoid futile efforts made

TLDR the very least they can do is keep the progress reserved just like the weekly tasks did ja?

what are your thoughts?

There's a catch up mechanic now, and this is the best thing they did for people in your situation.

Allowing people to "skip" acts or keeping their progress for the following season would make no sense.

They said in a devstream that they're working on tweaking things for the next seasons. Maybe the battle pass system will disapear, but that would be a loss. 
Umbra Formas should remain rare. We've had maybe 9 of them since they first released, and 9 umbra formas is a lot.

With how good umbral mods are, that's appropriate. It's supposed to be hard to obtain. As much as I hate battle pass mechanic, Nightwave is actually good. It has catch up mechanic on the valuable Weekly Challenges. I remember getting very late at one season after a long break and managed to rank up further than I thought I could. If this kind of mechanic that has so much leeway to players makes you want to quit, no hard feelings but maybe you should.

No but like why even make these stuff in the first place

these are not contents but purely chores

Guess you can put grinding a chore but not when youre enjoying it no time limited what soever.

I can grind when i feel like it and get rewards but this??

You don't have to play daily.

It's enough if you can spare some time every 1-2 weeks, nightwave tasks from previous weeks will be restored when you complete 5 of the current weeks tasks.

For some reason tasks stop recovering if you attempt to complete too many weeks on the same week, it might be a bug, but it hasn't been fixed for a long time.

I clear every almost nightwave week in about an hour max on monday.I don't do every challenge because nightwave is so long that last time I stopped doing challenges at all after reaching 30 and I still was +50 at the end of the thing.I am now again at 30 with doing only challenges that were fast/fun.
Umbra forma is rare, yes, but...I have used over 7 and have 3 left now, without rushing or doing anything special - nightwaves, watched a stream, got some alert and a couple from the railjack thing(and I played railjack very very little, maybe 3-4 sessions about 2 hours each)

36 minutes ago, HadeZx said:

It's not about logging in everyday or playing more, it's about information. I search from time to time youtube, see "umbra alert" on some video, or umbra forma after a stream or for anything tbh. I play videos while working because I have a second monitor, so my play time the last year is little compared to my watch time. When I see an interesting thing I log in, do it and log out. And even with this I missed 2 umbra forma from the teshin stuff.
If you want information about those things there are a couple of channels but I found OriginalWickedfun to be the most enjoyable (because he doesn't discuss "de bad" or whine about something, he just says a thing that is happening rn and usually the only one who covers even little things that others miss, because they are preoccupied with discussing nerfs/buffs or general things).

27 minutes ago, Zexal said:

There's a catch up mechanic now, and this is the best thing they did for people in your situation.

Allowing people to "skip" acts or keeping their progress for the following season would make no sense.

They said in a devstream that they're working on tweaking things for the next seasons. Maybe the battle pass system will disapear, but that would be a loss. 
Umbra Formas should remain rare. We've had maybe 9 of them since they first released, and 9 umbra formas is a lot.

First people complain about umbra forma being too rare, and we should get more of it, and now people cry about ot being to common, bruh. 

They'll announce the end weeks if not months in advance. 

I didn't do anything in this NW for two or three weeks because I played Remnant (cool game btw) and sat down one saturday afternoon and went from 20 to 28 via catch up until I had three recovered challenges left I didn't feel like doing. Then I waited until the new rotation on monday to get to 30. I know someone who works 12-16 hour shifts even on some weekends, holidays and at night (intensive healthcare) and even she is almost at 30 already.

I don't get it. I wouldn't even compare it to battle passes at this point. There's zero urgency if you do some stuff in it somewhat regularily. Just some neat free S#&$ to pick up sooner or later. But yeah, turns out you actually still have to at least somewhat play to get all NW rewards.

Dude, Nightwave seasons are so long, you can get R30 rewards by logging once a year rofl

And even then, then what ? Umbral Forma are not useful at all to play the game. I have 9 but I'm too lazy to forma anything, all my frames are functional with their Umbral mods and no Umbral forma.

1 hour ago, HadeZx said:

I know there are other contents, but the ultimate goal is you want to get a hand on those umbra forma

Having returned to the game; with absolute no clue of the season's schedule just makes me wanna quit in the first place 

TLDR the very least they can do is keep the progress reserved just like the weekly tasks did ja?

what are your thoughts?

Dude, the last NW went on for something like near a year. People were asking for them to open the max rank cap to what, level 120? And you want people to think you had no chance to hit level around 30? Get outta here with that tripe.

Pretty sure NW seasons are like 6 months long or more and next one might be hinted as tennocon so we might get it in autumn. You dont need to do every challenge every day/week just do what you want / can and umbra formas are not even necesary for most frames.

42 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's why I avoid Nightwave and useing my Umbra forma all together, until there is a actual reliable source for EVERYONE, then nothing gonna do about it. Only reason why I happen to have 4 on me is thanks to both refunding and Devstream rearwards    

I know the conclave is an unknown backwater, but Teshin and Steel Path are one free umbra forma every 8 weeks to anyone who wants it.

1 hour ago, HadeZx said:

what are your thoughts?

You can literally get four in one month, which happens to be >this month<, the hell are you on about.

1 hour ago, HadeZx said:

Its just not fair to people who cant log in daily within the limited time

regardless of how HARD you try 

Im a fairly limited time player. I can get about an hour in every week day, and maybe up to 3 hours on a weekend. I've at this point finished doing the NW, and generally finished most weekly tasks this season by the 3rd or 4th day.

As for Umbra forma, i think ive got 7 or 8 in my inventory, and ive used 4. I dont think they're that rare. Ive got less legendary cores tbh.

Archived