Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To those who fret endlessly about topics being in the "wrong" forum

(PSN)Gentleman_Raven_

I think we've all been there- a burning question about WF pops into your noggin and you can't find results from Google so you post it on the forums.

And like the great community we are, the question usually gets answered, but there will sometimes be "that" person who says "wElL i ThInK tHiS iS In ThE wRoNg FoRuM".

Seriously?

If the Moderators really think you crossed a line by putting a topic in the wrong section you know they can move it, right? 

So why the fretting and worrying on some people's part about this? The Moderators are perfectly capable of handling this, please let them and stop commenting on it.

I think we've all been there- a burning thread about WF that pops into a wrong subforum made by wrong reasons

And like the great community we are, the question usually gets answered, but there will sometimes be "that" person who says "wElL If the Moderators really think you crossed a line by putting a topic in the wrong section you know they can move it, right? "

Seriously?

The Moderators are perfectly capable of handling this, please let them and stop commenting on it.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

If the Moderators really think you crossed a line by putting a topic in the wrong section you know they can move it, right?

Not sure we should be relying on mods, who are already busy enough, to comb through threads to find topics that are out of place and move them.  You can help the mods by reporting a thread that is out of place and asking it to be moved.  You can also inform the person who may be in the wrong spot on the forums (usually because they simply didn't know) that there's a better location for their post.

Well. Let's see.

DE staff notoriuosly never look in the General Discussion subforum. If I see someone who's posting good feedback in the General Discussion, I want the devs to see it - which they aren't gonna to if it is in the hellscape that is GD.

And if I remark upon it to OP, by letting them know that the correct section for feedback, where the devs have a chance of finding it, is "Feedback", then next time OP will be sure that their feedback is heard.

Now, I see what you mean, OP. "Well, there are the MODERATORS, who are like INFALLIBLE ORACLeS who are going to CORRECTLY MOVE ALL MISPLACED THREADS! These forums work in that you THROW A SHEET OF WORDS in the MOUTH OF THE BEAST and the moderators will ALWAYS UNFAILINGLY move the thread through THE BLOODY BOWELS of the beast until it REACHES THE DEVS EYEBALL ZONE!"

To which I say... no. Threads will escape the Moderators' attention. If you want your threads to be in the correct place, you have to put it there yourself. If you need help for that, I'll kindly provide it.

I mean I’ve had a time when I made a thread where I wasn’t exactly giving constructive criticism, knew that, and left it in General Discussion. It got moved into the related feedback thread on the feedback forums and I subsequently got a warning because angry comments weren’t being accepted in that thread.

Theres also the instances of genuinely good feedback being put in General discussion when it should really be put into Feedback. And people just want the OP to know that.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

I think we've all been there- a burning question about WF pops into your noggin and you can't find results from Google so you post it on the forums.

And like the great community we are, the question usually gets answered, but there will sometimes be "that" person who says "wElL i ThInK tHiS iS In ThE wRoNg FoRuM".

Seriously?

So why the fretting and worrying on some people's part about this? The Moderators are perfectly capable of handling this, please let them and stop commenting on it.

Most of the time those people are only pointing out that posting in the correct section would get a proper answer / attention faster vs. waiting for a mod to move it. You know trying to be helpful. I would much rather get told my thread is in the wrong place than come back to an error because my thread was moved and I wouldn't even have a clue as to where and why.

Just saying, things might happen that you shouldn't be surprised by, such as threads getting moved or locked. They may happen or they may not. Also, certain threads might yield you a more productive outcome in the right forums. Just trying to be helpful.

Also, I used to be a mod for a very small and obscure forum, so I suppose I still have those instincts.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Seriously?

With respect, I think you are completely missing the point of why people point out when people put stuff in the wrong forum. We don't do it because we have a rage high about people "following rules". 

As a sometimes regular around here, I can tell you like 99% of the time it's because someone put feedback in the general discussion forum... where it is unlikely to be seen. The people correcting those posters are actually just trying to help the poster get their feedback in a place it is more likely to be seen by someone that matters. 

Like, because they care. They want that tenno to not be wasting their time with feedback a dev will never see. We want that players passion to be heard by the devs. 

I can tell you I have almost NEVER seen someone corrected for "wrong forum" when they were just asking a question. So I am not really sure what you are talking about there. Even then it's "oh normally this goes in players helping players, but still, here's the answer'. I think you are creating a mountain out of a molehill tbh. 

Pedantic Gamers who specialize in Rules Lawyering cannot stop themselves from trying to Parent other gamers.

Chanel does not matter, Only Pedantic Matters.

Topic does not matter, Only Pedantic Matters.

Rules lawyers, like Grammar Police, often literally cannot help themselves, IME.

In the forums, in-game chat, filling out surveys, giving instructions about game play, etc., it does not matter, some people simply must point out what they see as not conforming to their world view.

GaaS game help some of these individual cope with life by giving that part of their brain something to do, so they can relax in the Real World more easily, so oddly enough, there is a very positive aspect to this IME as well.

Others are just wired to think they are increasing their own power by knocking down others and prefer rules lawyering to be that tool, IME.

The human brain is a fascinating thing.

Because it's a waste of their own time if it's the type of content that should be in a different subforum. Feedback and bug reports rants are the primary offenders as posting them outside of the places the devs specifically look for them isn't doing anyone any good. And it's probably doing more harm than anything as all the misplaced posts here are almost guaranteed to never reach a dev and as such are likely contributing to the silly idea that DE doesn't take feedback.

And general game questions should go in Players helping Players because those forums are formatted to help sort relevant/correct information. Even if players can get their answers here using the right forum makes it easier for others to find answers should they bother to use the search functions.

Also I'm pretty sure this thread has no place anywhere on the forums as it's a meta complaint.

And your post is better because?

You know this is a meta complaint. Right? Which means it's against forum rules. So you are not any better.

And as it been explained ppl don't just tell this to others. They tell it to others because feedback here is wasted. And the op of the post will know where to post next time. Also mods don't notice every single thread on the forums. 

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Lets face it 99% of community are just trolls on forum and reddit. like someone else said, "Karen's."

Not sure which forum you are talking about, at least in the Warframe Forums i see people helping far more than trolling.

Trolling often occurs on topics made by said Karens. Some people think they are entitled to having over the top treatment because they spend a cent in the game and these deserve the laugh.

Nyeh...

In our world, even people who got paid properly don't do their jobs properly. Like me, Instead of working, i go to warframe forums and type some stuff instead.

How much internet forum moderators are getting paid again?

Archived