Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.8

[DE]Megan

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Please allow players to force host in Railjack (although matchmaking in the entire game needs this as well). It is very frustrating that you cannot force yourself as the host in matchmaking for a mode where the ship is customized (with Platinum and money) by whoever is host unlike the rest of the game where clients can bring their entire loadout to their liking.

I dont think force hosting is a good idea at all since that would effectively screw up what little network optimization there is. I'd rather not have a dude be made host for no other reason then wanting to have specific guns.
Pilot is usually doing all the masskilling anyway, artillery is same on all ships and force hosting for fashionframe rasons is outright silly.
Good latency is far more important I think. Matchmaking should work on that first. Favourite guns and/or cosmetics wont do us any good with bad connection to a host who refuse to be anything other then host.
We get to bring our own plexusmods now and so far, I think that's is excellent improvement without messing with connections.
Ideally, having your own gun choice in turrets no matter where we crew would be cool, but if turret guns occasionally are not to someones liking, that's not worth the risk of force hosting I think. Most experienced railjackers just go Arcwing if they dont fancy the ship currently hosting. :)

49 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please remove downsides from Intrinsics (looking at you Gunnery 10). The reasoning on the last Devstream is quite simply poor and disconnected from how these systems affect players. Intrinsics cannot be disabled, and they give Mastery. Focus has had a similar problem since 2016 with certain Focus skills having increased drain at higher levels. Adding this same problem to Railjack Intrinsics is even worse than the problem Focus has been plagued with for 4+ years. Having a downside on a skill that gives Mastery and cannot be turned off is bad design. If the skill is too good without a downside, then just replace the skill with something else.

I baseline understand the complaint here - it feels weird to tack on a penalty that effectively negates Rank 6

What I don't understand is... how much of a problem is it in gameplay? On paper, I agree that this is a pointless negative. It makes no sense to negate the R6 for a minor benefit. But how often are you actually aiming with the scope for railjack? Battle Avionics spam aside, I find it much easier to follow the lead indicators on fighters without scoping in at all.

My complaint for Gunnery R10 is more to the point that it doesn't feel worthwhile of being a max rank unlock. It feels like something that would have been useful around R4 for players still learning the ropes on how this game mode works. It's nowhere near the scale of the Void Radiance (Madurai) of problematic design. It's more like Lightning Dash (Zenurik): Sure, you could technically turn it on and use it... but why would you?

Armaments UI in Dry Dock hasn't been touched either.  The new Zetki armaments don't appear in the Zetki category, Scrap wreckage wrongly shows armaments as Equipped (and protected), even thou they are just last selected.

If it hasn't been said already, please explain the reas9ning with making flux energy warframe energy? Its the worst change ever, and resulted in trivializing/harming the use of battle avionics (they are able to be used too easily or not enough since players want to save energy). Also please rework T3 reactors, since there is no reason to use em if you want to focus on a specific ability stat

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ability to use the Tactical Menu Teleporting function to return to your Railjack while inside a Corpus Capital Ship.

• Players must extract from Corpus Capital Ships in order to successfully complete it. Using the Tactical Menu Teleport isn’t intentional for this scenario, and resulted in failing your mission and an End of Mission screen hardlock.

Ok, so this could cause a bug (not that I'd ever experienced this even with most people using the Omni to leave) but instead of fixing the bug you just axed the entire functionality? I can see how using it maybe wasn't intended, but intended or not it was incredibly convenient and has a much better flow to the alternative. Is exiting the ship into Archwing and then using your Omni really any different aside from making you sit through an animation?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.8

Tenno, here is our eighth Hotfix since the Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack with continued fixes & changes as the days progress. While we focus on fixes and functionality, we continue to read and collect feedback in parallel for review and discussion. As we know, Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii is coming April 2021, meaning we’ll be shifting over to a “no Hotfix’ realm in April - we’ll let you know exactly when.

As we continue to read Feedback and collect Bugs, our public Trello board will be updated: https://wrfr.me/3cWj1z1 

Railjack Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed inability to earn any Intrinsic points while being in the Necramech/Operator in Railjack missions.

• Railjack Ability UI (Battle Mods, etc) is now usable when in the Artillery!

• HUD custom colors now apply to Railjack/Archwing reticles and Railjack enemies!

• Enemy Crewship Health bar will now disappear as it explodes so players know not to shoot it anymore.

• Working on a fix for Clients.

• Adjust the Gox arm aiming speeds to be significantly slowed(purely visually) so the arms do not twitch when attempting to lead a target that has very fast acceleration (eg. Archwing). 

• Fixed ability to use the Tactical Menu Teleporting function to return to your Railjack while inside a Corpus Capital Ship.

• Players must extract from Corpus Capital Ships in order to successfully complete it. Using the Tactical Menu Teleport isn’t intentional for this scenario, and resulted in failing your mission and an End of Mission screen hardlock.

• Fixed a functionality loss occurring when attempting to equip a Railjack Crew member if you had a lot of Converted Kuva Lichs.

• Fixed ability to gain Energy/lose Energy when the Pause Menu is up and the game is paused (Solo mode). 

• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when joining a Railjack mission in progress.

• Fixed Point of Interest/Loot Dungeons handing out the same rewards when running consecutive Railjack missions without returning to the Dojo in between.

• Fixed specific scenarios where the Host may not be able to vote if Client chooses the node in Railjack.

• Fixed Shipkiller Platform continuing to track and shoot the Railjack after mission completion.

• Fixed Railjack Battle and Tactical callouts not updating when swapping between controller / mouse & keyboard. 

• Fixed (again) Crew Equip, Train, etc options not obeying Menu Scale changes.

• Fixed some incorrect Steel Meridian aligned Crew idle animations.

• Fixed specific Kuva Liches having a “Passive” in the Crew Equip screen. 

• Nerfed harmless script error that would occur when flying away from a Defense objective in a Railjack mission.

• Fixed a script error related to Railjack enemy patrol behaviour. 

• Fixed script error that could occur if you got out of the Railjack Slingshot immediately on entering.

• Fixed a harmless script error that could occur if you pressed the Dry Dock console at exactly the right moment while the Railjack you were invited to started to launch.

Optimizations:

• Made micro-optimizations to Dojo loading.

• Made a micro-optimization to the World State Window.

• Made a micro-optimization to a Crew management interface.

• Made micro-optimizations to opening the Navigation screen.

• Made optimizations to Particle Effects that could occur outside the active area.

• Made a micro-optimization to the code that handles Zephyr's Tornados absorbing damage.

Changes:

• You can now buy Market Bundles containing single-purchase items so long as you don't already own every single-purchase item within the Bundle.

• This fixes inability to purchase a Bundle if you own at least one single-purchase item from it.

• Zephyr's Tornado will no longer propagate incoming projectile Damage to the player, or friendly allies/agents standing in the vortex.

• This fixes players/allies taking damage from projectiles by standing in Tornado even when Turbulence is up.

• Added acquisition tips to Oberon and Ash’s Component Blueprints as they now live in Railjack.

• More updates to the Chat Emoji faces & Recruiting Emoji!

Fixes:

• Fixed a bug that would break Exploiter Orb hunts and missing objective text.

• Fixed a livelock that could occur when visiting extremely complex and highly decorated Dojos.

• Fixed End of Mission screen becoming stuck on screen when attempting to reconnect with the squad before loading back to the Orbiter.

• Fixed failing the Assassination Bounty Bonus on Plains of Eidolon if you drew the target out in less than a minute but didn't kill him until after a minute.

• Fixed Modular items rankup not being tracked in the Profile properly.

• Fixed World State Window (above Navigation) showing events that had recently completed (within 2 hours).

• Fixed Pet Companions being overly fixated on finishing combat before they are capable of switching to follow/teleport behaviors. 

• Fixed crashes that could occur in script code involving a certain pattern.

• Fixed new Emotes not displaying in the ingame Market when searching for ‘Emote’. 

• Fixed the skybox for Europa being full of visible square holes.

• Fixed a script error when Xaku’s Passive triggers. 

• Fixed a script error when casting Atlas’ Tectonic.

• Fixed a script error that could occur if someone shot into Zephyr's Tornado right as the Zephyr respawned.

• Fixed a harmless error that would occur at various stages in the Silver Grove Quest.

So at any point is the issue regarding transporters that were renamed during the issue that sent them off the dojo map ever going to be addressed or is that something that is now apart of the game and can never be fixed?! Cause i can't be the only one who renamed them when that bug was still active, i have two transporters i'm not allowed to remove because it will not show the decorator menu because it's outside the dojo map so its permanently stuck on the list!

Please make hull plating armor stats round! They're confusing as hell because I kept thinking that valence fusion is broken because I can't make them nice and round looking. And it simply hurts me right into OCD to see such "ugly" values:

6000 hull and 2688 armor for Mk3 Lavan plating.

4400 hull and 3688 armor for Mk3 Vidar plating.

4800 hull and 2938 armor for Mk3 Zetki plating.

Also, please, fix the hull value visualisation while piloting railjack because instead of 6000 (for example) it shows 5999 and again it hurts my OCD.

• Like 3

So this only happens in RJ maps but it happens every single time without fail. My kuva nukor always loads in with 77 in the magazine when it's actually over 100. 

I've experienced a bug for over a year now that results in redeemer prime not actually shooting and my warframe just does a little jiggle animation. Only happens with mesa prime in my experience.

Also spy vault doors not opening when you're Ivara. I have to use my tenno to get the door open.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Modular items rankup not being tracked in the Profile properly.

After the Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.4 , something skewed my My Profile/Equipment/Used equipment after the change to the primary/secondary kitguns double dipping happened. My most used secondary back then was the Catchmoon and the Amp was the Shwaak. After that particular update it changed to Mara Detron and Mote amp which is entirely ridiculous.

Since you noticed modulars not being tracked, how about getting a fix to update our real stats too? Might be a bit nitpicking, but this is our usage history playing the game and it is not accurate at all.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed inability to earn any Intrinsic points while being in the Necramech/Operator in Railjack missions.

Didn't even know this was a bug. Just assumed bad design.

Good to hear cause high level RJ is the best place to level Necramech stuff.

• Like 1

Please for future updates start testing your content before letting it out. If its in inside the team or opening a beta testing community group then so be it.

I'm sure I don't need to explain to you how bringing out any kind of product that is damaged/ incomplete would desatisfy consumers of any kind. With large games it's understandable that SOME bugs will be found. But within each update, more and more content is being brought with larger amount of bugs and they're even more problematic and it seems disrespectful to the community to act as a debugger (which could've been used at least 3 days prior).

Since the latest update launched there have been 6 hotfixes in less than a week.
During that time, a small group of testers on a small dedicated server could've easily point these out and have the majority of the content tweaked before releasing.

This post was not created to bash the devs, but is a protest to the current active system.
Either give your devs more time, create a beta testing team or hire more people if you're unmatched to the amount of code warframe has become.

This behavior since the introduction of Liches has affected the community's population drastically (Since the arrival of Liches at least it has become more noticable).
This might be a factor to look at.

• Like 7

"

• Made a micro-optimization to the code that handles Zephyr's Tornados absorbing damage.

So, some kind Tenno want to translate into Old Dude language? Is that handles in a bad way? Or in a good way? 

At this point, especially where Lady Swan Song is concerned, I'm a tad bit suspicious. 

DE, you owe me at least 6 Anomaly Shards, because they are not being awarded after completing the Sentient Ship even thou they pop-up in the bottom left corner as loot. 

Edited by disrawtomato

Am I the only one or is railjack not giving away the bonus affinity after you complete the mision ( Did a 30 wave defence on railjack and it shoud my wepons got to level 30 and my frame to 25 just to find out that my wepons got only 10 levels and my frame 8)

• Like 1