Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think this video sums up some of the core issues with Warframe very well, without the usual saltiness

Bigredteletubby

This is not meant as a negative post, but rather, more of a "here are the problems, and here's what you can do, and here's what DE can do" post. Yes, Warframe has major issues, but it is still salvageable. This video discusses the main issues, and what the community can do to help. Yes, many of the things that need fixing fall on DE's shoulders, but some of it does fall on us, as the community. I appreciated this video because it wasn't the standard salty YouTuber who's only spewing negativity with no solution. Here's the video: 

If you can, look past the title, which may seem overly harsh to many, as it did to me before I watched it. However, after watching, I thought this person's conclusions were sound. If you disagree, please do so civilly and respectfully. Dissenting opinions are fine, welcomed even, but I want to have a good, civil discourse go on in the replies below;  I don't want more toxicity. Thanks! :D

Love ya all, fellow Tenno! <3

I'll be honest I immediately tune out anytime anyone goes "omg watch this video it'll show you everything you need to know about the current problems with WF and how it's dying and the d3vs won't listen shiftplusone!!!!1111!!1shiffftttt1pluuuuusoooone!!!!!". No offense, but I don't care whether it's salty or not. 

I don't want to watch a video.

That's why I'm on a forum, where we can type out long replies, and it's okay if someone doesn't answer for a day or two. I'm here on a forum because I want people to write things out and explain their own thoughts in detail and show how they feel and create an interesting discussion, not just parrot someone else's thoughts and suggest I go watch other things on Youtube when I'm enjoying the things I'm already half-listening to on another tab while I do a bunch of other also non-productive things at the same time. 

This is a forum. 

Use your words

Please. 

1 minute ago, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

All good things must come to an end :) 

They are increasing their user base. 

It is silly to me because at least some people (not implicating you as I don't know you) are getting joy out of thinking WF is dying, but they are delusional enough to think it is dying when it is actually growing. : ) 

6 minutes ago, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

Do you ever get tired of being tired

I get tired of people who get a high off schadenfreude and have been delusionally and falsely predicting the death of WF since Viver"gate". 

It's definitely tiring. Sometimes I definitely get tired of being tired of that. 

It's been the same old shtick for years.

WF continues to grow and grow, and it's death is always right around the corner after each decision DE makes that some vocal, angry 1-2-% of the fanbase doesn't like.

It's very, very tiring indeed. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They are increasing their user base. 

It is silly to me because at least some people (not implicating you as I don't know you) are getting joy out of thinking WF is dying, but they are delusional enough to think it is dying when it is actually growing. : ) 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I get tired of people who get a high off schadenfreude and have been delusionally and falsely predicting the death of WF since Viver"gate". 

It's definitely tiring. Sometimes I definitely get tired of being tired of that. 

It's been the same old shtick for years.

WF continues to grow and grow, and it's death is always right around the corner after each decision DE makes that some vocal, angry 1-2-% of the fanbase doesn't like.

It's very, very tiring indeed. 

This game will die 

23 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'll be honest I immediately tune out anytime anyone goes "omg watch this video it'll show you everything you need to know about the current problems with WF and how it's dying and the d3vs won't listen shiftplusone!!!!1111!!1shiffftttt1pluuuuusoooone!!!!!". No offense, but I don't care whether it's salty or not. 

I don't want to watch a video.

That's why I'm on a forum, where we can type out long replies, and it's okay if someone doesn't answer for a day or two. I'm here on a forum because I want people to write things out and explain their own thoughts in detail and show how they feel and create an interesting discussion, not just parrot someone else's thoughts and suggest I go watch other things on Youtube when I'm enjoying the things I'm already half-listening to on another tab while I do a bunch of other also non-productive things at the same time. 

This is a forum. 

Use your words

Please. 

I would use my words, but this video essentially took the words out of my mouth, so I figured it'd be faster to post the video than type it all out. I get your point though, it is a forum, so I probably should have posted nothing, rather than posting a video. These forums are awash with them, it seems. My bad :|

13 minutes ago, Bigredteletubby said:

I would use my words, but this video essentially took the words out of my mouth, so I figured it'd be faster to post the video than type it all out. I get your point though, it is a forum, so I probably should have posted nothing, rather than posting a video. These forums are awash with them, it seems. My bad :|

Sorry don't mean to sound mean, the point is that on a forum here, a lot of the time videos just get ignored, something about the medium that forums are, people expect stuff to be written out. If you summarized what was in the video and wrote it out you would probably get more replies about the actual content. 

I understand you just want the game to last long term and I appreciate that! 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Sorry don't mean to sound mean, the point is that on a forum here, a lot of the time videos just get ignored, something about the medium that forums are, people expect stuff to be written out. If you summarized what was in the video and wrote it out you would probably get more replies about the actual content. 

I understand you just want the game to last long term and I appreciate that! 

Nah, no worries, I didn't think you were being mean, and you had a valid point. Next time, I'll be sure to write stuff out :D 

A lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. 

Not sure why people still take YouTubers seriously. It's entertainment--at least ideally. Channels are driven by their own agenda, which may not align with that of whoever just wants to play the game. A great number of them aren't even particularly good at the game they're intent on. 

I'd keep the grains of salt handy when viewing this sort of thing. 

Archived