The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cant see other players when trying to trade in dojo/hub [Investigating]

Mostafaone55

1 hour ago, saifgad said:

you talk and you from south america that you have no problem  and you play normal. 

we was play normal as you but after the timpistarii update the game is offline for us so you thing that is a country  is problem here ?

10 minutes ago, Tim0n0 said:

no sir i did't misunderstand u ,, every one has comment in this thread has the same issue and all we got since month is " Investigating " every player in the game get this issue after they update the host network and they solve it in 15 min i think ,, after that we got sevagoth update and the same issue back one more time ,, and till now they did't fix it ,, also if u google it u will know the same issue happen in 2018 and u will find some player has thread it warframe forum and in reddit ,, believe me it's not acountry block warframe port  

You both should read this:

On 2021-04-25 at 11:50 PM, Shefo5015 said:

My guess is that Egypt as suspicious as it is right now, they do not want to allow the DTLS changes as it has blocked hundreds of other connections, I do not think this is the game's fault for using a protocol that ensures high security for the game. so to be precise I do not think a solution will be given anytime soon. they either change back the DTLS hub changes they mentioned or allow using a VPN. I am currently not playing the game but to save you time, do not try port forwarding even if you opened the ports it will not work, using cloudflare's dns service will make the connection work but it is unreliable connection that may not be working properly also no idea if warframe consider this bannable or not. i do not like the idea of waiting as it's been 25 days. i am expecting a reply just say something, if nothing is gonna change just tell us already. 

3 hours ago, Tim0n0 said:

Do you read the comments I write sir or  you try to  prove your point ? 

I've tried to read them (it's kinda difficult) and I've tried to explain you that is a problem related to your country and how they handle certain data protocols being used by users. I can't force you to believe me or the devs (since I literally quoted a dev in your original post), so please just stop quoting me, I can't provide the answer you are looking for or fix this issue for you and your fellow country players.

3 hours ago, saifgad said:

i have a question for you [vanaukas] .

do you know how game codes works with networks ?

Yes but certainly I'm not an expert. I've tried my best to explain this and I've clearly failed to do so.

I hope you and your people can have access to online services using the same networks protocols as warframe soon.

EDIT:

Here is more info from the dev team:

Edited by vanaukas
added new official info
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I've tried to read them (it's kinda difficult) and I've tried to explain you that is a problem related to your country and how they handle certain data protocols being used by users. I can't force you to believe me or the devs (since I literally quoted a dev in your original post), so please just stop quoting me, I can't provide the answer you are looking for or fix this issue for you and your fellow country players.

Yes but certainly I'm not an expert. I've tried my best to explain this and I've clearly failed to do so.

I hope you and your people can have access to online services using the same networks protocols as warframe soon.

EDIT:

Here is more info from the dev team:

yes sir as i told u every thing happen after game update ,, not country block warframe traffic 

It is a shame he come now and tells us this !! 30 day of waiting and still did not find a solution 

Just now, Tim0n0 said:

yes sir as i told u every thing happen after game update ,, not country block warframe traffic 

It is a shame he come now and tells us this !! 30 day of waiting and still did not find a solution 

your country is blocking warframe right now due the new protocols for data managment (and according to other people in your country, isnt the only service that is blocked right now, apparently everything under the same DTSL protocols is suffering the same fate). Read again the official info.

Just now, vanaukas said:

your country is blocking warframe right now due the new protocols for data managment (and according to other people in your country, isnt the only service that is blocked right now, apparently everything under the same DTSL protocols is suffering the same fate). Read again the official info.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

hope I never engage in any conversation with you again , good luck and have great day

• Like 1

Hi,

Root Cause: New DTSL protocol after PC update is blocked in Egypt.

Workaround: Play through a VPN (you can find a free one at 1.1.1.1).

Suggested Solution: Unless DE expects every Egyptian player to play over VPN (which is incredibly naïve), the only way would be to disable the protocol or allow players to use normal UDP as a setting if they wish.

The game was working and already had a lot of players and paying customers from Egypt. While you might partially blame the country government for blocking the protocol, not having a change as significant as this properly studied before a HOTFIX release is also the studio's responsibility. 

Also DE already is working on a fix, no tentative date:

I would suggest finding another game to play till this gets resolved. Cheers!

• Like 3

On 2021-04-25 at 9:37 AM, Encuen said:

So I moved into a new place yesterday. I was playing Warframe earlier in the day at the house I moved from and was playing online just fine. Once I moved to the new place and set up my computer I have "failed to connect to chat server." and the error message telling me "Please ensure that your firewall permits ports 4950 & 4955" pops up every time I open the game and when I use the analyze network function in the settings. My roommate who has lived here for a few months has been playing Warframe with me before I moved in without any problems. The first thing I tried was to create a specific rule in my firewall to allow these ports which didn't work. I've restarted the router as well as my PC a few times to try and fix it but no luck. I tested his computer to see if it's a problem from my end or the router and was able to log into my account and be online (connected to chat servers, could see friends online, could join online matchmaking) but for some reason I am unable to do so on my own computer. I am connected through Wifi but I tested it with an ethernet cord as well and the same problem regarding the ports came up. I've tried everything I can think of and have submitted a ticket to support with the .log files from the launcher but would appreciate any suggestions from the community as well on how to fix the problem.

I found a solution to this problem, and it may not be applicable to everyone but it could help some people. The ports that warframe used were opened on my roomates router for an ARK server we were running. Now I'm not sure if that was what was blocking it, but in trying to write a port forward rule for the ports warframe was asking for it came up with the error that the ports were already in use. I was able to connect back to online matchmaking by adding my own PC as a trusted computer on the network. This could be where people are running into problems when they have already forwarded the ports on their router or are attempting to do so. If the router does not have your computer as a trusted PC the port forward will have no effect.

You are frustrated with DE because they are limited on providing access to a region that has issues with internet security?

Sounds like you should be frustrated with your local internet provider services moreso than DE. 

DE is not blocking players from the Middle East. Your internet providers have not configured their service to adequately connect with Warframe.

• Like 2

On 2021-05-03 at 8:08 PM, RazerXPrime said:

Sounds like you can still play the game, but your country's internet settings are preventing you from joining an online game due to incompatibility with the security settings in Warframe.

indeed it's bug in game because that dude it's ok on PS4 but PC is not so it's game bug

On 2021-05-03 at 8:03 PM, Leqesai said:

You are frustrated with DE because they are limited on providing access to a region that has issues with internet security?

Sounds like you should be frustrated with your local internet provider services moreso than DE. 

DE is not blocking players from the Middle East. Your internet providers have not configured their service to adequately connect with Warframe.

again that dude said it's fine on PS4 so it's just bug on pc that was from the last few update 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im from Myanmar and this bug has also been effecting me since April,Ive already lost alot of customers and had bad reviews only cuz of this bug.For me,its not an "always" bug,it happens unexpectedly.I can see sometimes players in trading's center in dojo but >>most<< of the time I cant... Ofc i always try Maroo or relays as second option if this happens in Dojo and I can sometimes see and it somehow works but most of it time we still wont be able to see eachother (in same case, i turns out to be alone in Maroo or Relay).

• 5 months later...
Am 1.4.2021 um 16:58 schrieb [DE]Saske:

Hi Tenno! We are aware of the issues, we do not have a timeline for a fix, but we are investigating. 

This has most likely something to do with the DTLS HUB support we enabled in the latest Hotfix.

Now thats been a while and ive still got the same issue. When have you guys planned to fix this??

• 3 months later...

this issue/bug started today for me and i looked around google a bit and people have been having this issue since like 2014?
like , half the game is based on trading and interacting with other players...
and it's been a long time
how is there still no fix for this?!
and if it cant be found can you just say it so i stop playin..