Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crewmates in Solo

General_Durandal

~

So i'm doing a solo Railjack mission,
and it's somewhat annoying.

I positioned my Railjack so the Gunner had PoV of the Exposed Radiator,
but wouldn't shoot it,
so I had to exit the Grineer Ship Hanger to destroy it myself.

My Engineer went down, and the others weren't reviving her,
so I had to stop what I was doing to go revive her.

You should be able to have more then 3 Crewmates in Solo mode.

I have 1 Gunner, 1 Engineer, and 1 Defender,
I am the Pilot.

I think it would be neat if you could have 7 crewmates,
making an 8 member solo squad.

Max 1 Pilot,
Max 2 Gunners.
Max 2 Engineers.
Max 2 Defenders. (meaning also 2 lich at max)

And a new Role, 
Highjacker
(Slingshots into Crewships with you, and pilots the ship if you leave it without destroying it)
If you do destroy the Crewship they teleport via Omnitool back to the ship.

Max 2 Highjackers.
(Highjackers will function like Defenders till they slingshot with you into a crewship and take over a ship)

~
EDIT
On Call Crewmates shouldn't have a timer.
Specters last till death, and can do 100 times better in any fight.

~

10 minutes ago, GhostUnitVII said:

Yeah, it is annoying to recall to ship every time and go back, also find it annoying how the summoned crew member is a limited spawn, meaning he/she is only there for a set time, and POOF, not there anymore.

They have a timer? 
Here I though they where just dying really fast because they where weak.

I'm of the opinion that "Radiator" objectives simply need to be taken out of the game. They're a vestige of a Railjack which never was - that fantasy DE sold us via the TennoCon 2019 trailer that never actually worked out. That had a number of systems designed to provide the appearance of busywork for everyone who isn't the pilot in an attempt to pretend there's anything for anyone else to do. That entire concept has been stripped by degrees with the various Railjack revisions, to the point where it really isn't relevant any more. Might as well take it out of Skirmish Points of Interest and replace it with "nothing." Just let the Away Team hack the consoles, kill the boss and leave without needing the "Railjack Team" to twiddle their thumbs waiting to fire the guns once. That's how Points of Interest in Corpus Railjack work and I'd argue they work a lot better for it.

As to the crew - my primary wish is for them to not die on a permanent basis. Let them die, just don't let them bleed out all the way. Or perhaps be fancy. If a crew member dies, spawn in a Crew Ship. Let us board that Crew Ship and rescue our crew mates, getting them back to the Railjack. I've long been an opponent of permanent companion death, and this seems like another example of that. If my crew goes down, have the enemy capture them, let me save them. Makes the game more dynamic and less annoying over minor mistakes.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb General_Durandal:

They have a timer? 
Here I though they where just dying really fast because they where weak.

bug maybe? i play with 2x gunner and engi. engi has kuva nukor (rad + viral + heat) and i only saw him once on the floor.
i have never had any problems in solo mode in veil. everything is extremely simple.

20 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

bug maybe? i play with 2x gunner and engi. engi has kuva nukor (rad + viral + heat) and i only saw him once on the floor.
i have never had any problems in solo mode in veil. everything is extremely simple.

This.  Engie with health 3 and Combat 5, uses an Acceltra.  Has downed *once* in corpus veil through dozens of solo missions, and even then it was my fault.

On 2021-04-01 at 4:02 AM, GhostUnitVII said:

Yeah, it is annoying to recall to ship every time and go back, also find it annoying how the summoned crew member is a limited spawn, meaning he/she is only there for a set time, and POOF, not there anymore.

this!

and ofc, they forgot to tell us this too... i was wondering why my crew mate always disappeared after a short while (2.5 min i think it is) even though there was reason for her/him to die of any attacks. i only found out about this after watching the crew mate the whole time until she vanished... sure it still is a nice feature having a cheap specter-like call-in but it's rather underwhelming too.

as for the OP:

i agree that the system of crew mates should be worked upon and maybe increasing the numbers of them too - it's not really necessary and they work fine enough beside those mentioned shortcomings but they also are of less usefullness compared to having even one human controled player on board and thus adding maybe two more slots for those npc-mates would be a nice move. it would also be nice to have the one you can call-in being callable into the off-ship parts in railjack - because it's a bit silly that you can call them everywhere else but not when your ship is right beside the objective...

on the other hand, instead of increasing the number of mates, making them a bit more durable and also being able to assign them to different posts in a prioritized order (e.g. first job would be pilot but second job defender - if boarders coming in. or 1st is gunner but if needed, 2nd is engineer). this way they would at least work more like a human player even if more squishier and more stupid (or not, when i think of some players...^^) then human mates.

Archived