Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Cephalon Simaris standing for killing Synthesis Target & 24 hour ESO & SO ban for each Synthesis target killed after the initial one

Guybrush88

What do you all think of implementing Negative Cephalon Simaris standing for killing Synthesis Target? Applied to the player who deals killing blow, not the entire squad. A player in negative standing with Cephalon Simaris will not be able to access ESO, SO and Simulacrum

Also, after the first target killed, each subsequent target killed triggers a 24 hour ESO, SO and Simulacrum ban  on the offending player. So a player who kills 3 Synthesis targets gets a 48 hour ban

However, completing a Synthesis Target scan reduces the ban duration by 12 hours

This would hopefully discourage griefing by player who purposely kill another player's Synthesis Target, but at the same time any unintentional kills can be rectified by player

Alleged Crime: Causing +5 minutes of possible downtime for a player who has to find their own synthesis target due to squadmate killing one during a mission that conveniently happened to hold the right target.

Recommended Punishment: Restriction from some gameplay content and build testing facilities for 1440 minutes, plus deficit standing.

No. Just run a capture and grab your targets by yourself. They aren't the focus of the mission, you should never expect to get it done from a passing occurrence in public.

Only after DE fixes Simaris' absolute mental disability in announcing targets. I have killed many targets, and I have seen players kill targets as well. But how many targets did I intend to kill? Absolutely zero.

They often get killed and I don't even know where they were at, or that there even was a target in the room or the mission itself. And many of the times I see other players killing targets it's in situations similar to my own when the player is going on a very fast killing spree.

Sometimes I even start hitting a trash unit when I'm already in full swing, and think to myself "Man, this trash enemy is quite tanky", before remembering to look at the hp bar and realizing it's a Simaris Target. But by then? Oof, either it's already dying, or it has so little hp that even if I stop the next player that swings by will accidentally hit it and kill it.

So this sounds ok to me, and I even accept it as a potential solution. But only after honest players who do not intend to kill Simaris Targets get protection from it.

Pretty harsh considering it's not hard to kill them on accident. Easier solution would be to make them invulnerable for a bit after dropping to zero hp kinda like how capture targets work. Could even work as an alternative for those who don't enjoy needing to cc them before scanning.

Or just make it so they can't take damage or die to one shot. They're just as fragile as regular enemies.

Every time when I kill a Simaris target I:

1. Don't even know it's a target.

2. Simaris is way to slow in announcing the target. Telling me not to damage it further after it's already dead.

What about a complete ban from the game for 72 days ?

And if they dare kill another Simaris target, a report will be sent to the FBI for crimes against humanity

18 minutes ago, Hello said:

Or just make it so they can't take damage or die to one shot. They're just as fragile as regular enemies.

Every time when I kill a Simaris target I:

1. Don't even know it's a target.

2. Simaris is way to slow in announcing the target. Telling me not to damage it further after it's already dead.

They're kinda tough actually, but a Mesa can wreck them without noticing it was not a Nox

That would suck. Most of the time I accidentally kill the target before I acyually see them while running fissures. 

I guess if DE added SP armor/health modifiers to synthesis targets or made them 100% invulnerable it might work but, it would be a complete waste of time and effort on their part. 

i wouldn't bat an eye when a simaris target gets yeeted during random missions but when i have the stasis trap down and am scanning it, a random inaros kills the target while i'm yelling "Don't" muiltiple times....well that's a different story

1 hour ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Alleged Crime: Causing +5 minutes of possible downtime for a player who has to find their own synthesis target due to squadmate killing one during a mission that conveniently happened to hold the right target.

Recommended Punishment: Restriction from some gameplay content and build testing facilities for 1440 minutes, plus deficit standing.

No. Just run a capture and grab your targets by yourself. They aren't the focus of the mission, you should never expect to get it done from a passing occurrence in public.

1 killed Synthesis Target will only result in some negative Simaris standing

Only 2nd killed Synthesis Target results in 24hour ban, which can be lifted easily by scanning 2 Synthesis Target

Basically if you kill 2, you have to scan 2 to rectify. Is this somehow wildly unfair?

If so, perhaps if the ban only comes into affect after the player kills the 3rd Synthesis Target in a row?

Surely it must be pretty difficult to "accidentally" kill 3 Synthesis Targets in a row right?

You propose an over-complicated solution to a problem that does not really exist.

You might say "griefing", but please consider this: there are plenty of times where you run a random mission with random people that capture your simaris target, providing you a benefit. I have had this happen to me plenty of times, often with targets I did not notice at all.

I'd say the times I have been offered a free scan on my target (never mind free scans of other people's target, i.e. free standing) far exceed the number of times I have been the victim of intentional target killing.

10 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

1 killed Synthesis Target will only result in some negative Simaris standing

Only 2nd killed Synthesis Target results in 24hour ban, which can be lifted easily by scanning 2 Synthesis Target

Basically if you kill 2, you have to scan 2 to rectify. Is this somehow wildly unfair?

Okay, so ten minutes instead of 5 for the crime, for 1440 minutes of punitive potential. Yeah, still seems wildly unnecessary and excessive to me. Having to hear Simaris whine about it is punishment enough.

Targets aren't permanently available, so if you happened to land killing blows on a couple after finishing up your own for the day, you're at least stuck until reset. There's just not enough of an impact upon the person who 'misses' their target (if they even intended to bother with it at that time) to require further consequences.

Plus, there's bugs. I hit a Sim target yesterday with an electric and cold proc to CC it for a scan and it instantaneously dropped 99% of its health bar for no explained reason. Could have been a killing blow with the slightest breeze after that. Would that be fair to punish if it occurred twice in a day?

1 hour ago, Guybrush88 said:

-snip-

Whoa, easy Satan.

I know its annoying that Simaris target gets killed by teammates but its mostly on accident as we all mow down enemies recklessly with our OPAF builds and huge AOE capabilities.

Also you can't expect everyone to keep an eye out on target or wait for Simaris's always late " No, don't damage it further. " announcement ( I swear he always says that right after target dies ) in public missions.

If you are so concerned about your Simaris target, just do solo capture. No need for such punishments for accidental kills.

Just now, Guybrush88 said:

Did no one read the "However, completing a Synthesis Target scan reduces the ban duration by 12 hours " part of my post?

I assume many did, but one small glimmer of sanity doesn't really excuse the fustercluck that is the rest of the post.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Good April Fool's joke.

Damn Poe's Law...I honestly can't tell if the thread is a joke or not considering the nonsense I've seen around these forums the other 364 days a year...

Just now, Aldain said:

Damn Poe's Law...I honestly can't tell if the thread is a joke or not considering the nonsense I've seen around these forums the other 364 days a year...

It's not a joke, I'm just being sarcastic about what a ridiculous suggestion it is.

Usually I'd type more to express how outrageously stupid and self-absorbed this idea and mindset are and how getting your scan target killed can be easily avoided and I would also mention that this happens more often than not by accident instead of malicious reasons... but I'll keep it short:

LOL

Edit: Ah, I just saw that April Fool's joke comment. Yeah, it must be that. You got me OP. I forgot that's today.

As mentioned, this is just a suggestion for discussion.

I know it doesn't happen that often, and its usually by accident. So i guess the problem isn't that big an issue

I'm just curious to know, how often have any of you accidentally killed a Simaris Target 2 times in a day?

I've never itentionally killed a syntesis target, but after reading this idea, i think is time to begin... 

Read it gain and tell me is a good idea. A good idea could be mark better the syntesis, instad of show him when is already dead, or maybe make him immortal just after you discover that a mob is the syntesis.

But your idea is absolutely NO. 

I have a clanmate that have fun to kill syntesis target just cause he know other people don't like that. If he kill faster the syndesis die and he troll us, otherwise we take the syntesis and we troll him. Playing online is a lottery. Every single game is a lottery and you should be lucky with the random team you encounter.

If you want to do syntesis and be sure you'll take it, play solo =)

19 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

I'm just curious to know, how often have any of you accidentally killed a Simaris Target 2 times in a day?

Depends what frame I'm using and what mission type. It's not uncommon to kill the Simaris by accident, they can't take much damage. Added to the fact I don't bother scanning them ever, they're just collateral damage.

Archived