Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Cephalon Simaris standing for killing Synthesis Target & 24 hour ESO & SO ban for each Synthesis target killed after the initial one

Guybrush88

I do not feel that is justified,

Most players do not intentionally kill it , they are usually just too quick on the trigger (our overpowered gear makes quick work of it) and simaris is too slow in mentioning it's a target.

A better option would be protection of the target against accidental killing , like health gates for liches.

i remember times where i basicly bulletjumped them to dead because one was more than enoght to kill it
i farm my symaris standing in steelpath and solo nothing to bother me and tons of standing

only thing with negativ rep would get in my mind if you intentionly kill your own target over and over but well who cares

How about we remove negative standing from all syndicates. It's asinine that in order to get all the rewards they offer, you need to constantly swap back and forth every few years when something is added (such as decorations, vignettes, etc).

So if I accidentally kill my own, or someone elses Sim target, I'm now completely locked out of certain in-game activities, and I take a hit to reputation. That's a big no from me, thanks.

If you're doing your daily farm for Sim rep, just flip on solo. Stealth scan to fill your daily, get your targets along the way. Once you're max rep for the day, cash in your targets. Takes about 15min depending on your cap. Higher level enemies reward more rep, so Steel path can be quite good for that. 

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

How about we remove negative standing from all syndicates. It's asinine that in order to get all the rewards they offer, you need to constantly swap back and forth every few years when something is added (such as decorations, vignettes, etc).

You can trade

Imagine taking a mission where you only need to take its picture 3 sometimes 2 times, ends up deleting em with extreme prejudice and gets locked out rewards of ESO and SO.
Idm getting locked out of rewards. Those Khoras, Vandals, Ephemera and "peculiars" can rot in there. :clem:

The targets die far too easy for such punishment. 
Sure, there are people who kill them deliberately, but I am pretty sure, more often than not, killing them is an accident. 
The warning message doesn`t help either, since it often only comes when the target is already dead. 
There are other solutions. Possible examples:
1) Give the Synthesis Target a HP-gating mechanic, similar to Liches, that makes accidents less likely to happen.
2) Make the target immun to damage, except for players who are currently looking for that target. That way, only someone who is the reason it spawns can kill it.
3) Make the Synthesis Targets unable to be killed, except through finishers. That doesn´t stop griefers, but it makes accidental kills less likely.
4) Make the Target an individual spawn for each player. Player A can kill it and will lose on the chance for Simaris Standing, but for everyone else, the Target still "lives". Not sure how hard that would be to program.
5) Automatically give everyone except the killer the Simaris Standing. Catching the target, after you found it, isn`t really a problem anyways. That way you would (slightly) punish players that kill the target and make griefing impossible.

Maybe someone else can come up with a better solution, but punishment is not a valid one, as long as killing a Target can (easily) be an accident. 

A good idea would be to implement a small UI element that notifies you of a target in the mission. Too many times I've joined a mission in progress and Simaris doesn't say anything until I've accidentally murdered the target, as I'm completely unaware of it's existence in the mission. His little target intro speech normally only plays at the beginning of the mission, and if you had a pre-made party and load in too slow you'd still miss out on his notification.

13 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

Also, after the first target killed, each subsequent target killed triggers a 24 hour ESO, SO and Simulacrum ban  on the offending player. So a player who kills 3 Synthesis targets gets a 48 hour ban

However, completing a Synthesis Target scan reduces the ban duration by 12 hours

Someone sh*t in your synthesis target, didn't they? Like seriously? Why do you think this is a proper "punishment"(most ppl dont intentionally kill them), everyday I question the mental capacity of those on the forums

I've killed many Simaris targets, always by accident.  I usually just think they're Eximus or something.  Why would I purposely throw away Simaris points?  The real problem is that they don't stand out enough and that Simaris often doesn't announce them when they're found.

Nobody needs a punishment though; the fact that everyone gets the Simaris points is already an incentive to catch them.

Before we go nuclear, how about giving the synthesis target a period of invulnerability after taking 20% damage, then Simaris yells at you, then let it get down to maybe 40%, and another period of invulnerability, with more Simaris comms chatter, and finally, if someone's really that determined to add one whole enemy to their kills, then you're in a race to get your scans done first. Then we check back in a few months if it's still a widespread problem.

Maybe Simaris could also speak up a little more reliably. He never shuts up at the start of a mission, then about 1/3 of the time, I don't hear from him until I've already visually acquired the target, put a trap down, and started scanning.

• 2 weeks later...

Naw....

Make it that the dead Targets come back as a Simulator Eliminator.

They cant be killed

They cant be jumped away from

They lock extraction and they do not take damage from the enemies in the mission.

Warframe powers do not work on them

Void Demon powers get shot back and cause the demon to get locked away for 1 minute

They actually PARRY melee and strike back that puts you in dead mode.

But the trick is, the traps still work on them. So you can scan them withoutfear of them being deaded again.

Then have Simarus come on screen all confused saying "Tenno...what happened? All of a sudden a Target got sent to me but i had no sign of any in your area"

Archived