Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where the Hek is Dr. Tengus?

0_The_F00l

I was just watching someone start a new stream for warframe , and they were on the early quest when Dr. Tengus came up. the streamer was like "is Dr. Tengus a boss?"

And i immediately thought to myself, "i am pretty sure i asked the same question" what is Tengus up to anyway?

I am aware he is responsible for most of the ghouls (kind of), the G3 , Vay Hek and the release of the infestation into the system, But where is he?

such a glaring ,obviously important, figure has absolutely no role to play actively even after years.

He is to the Grineer what Alad V is to Corpus ,a maniacal genius sociopath looking to advance himself. So why does Alad V have 5 (7?) instances that he appears in while tengus gets barely mentioned outside of the initial quest and some comic that most people havent read?

If the worm is trying to revive her sister would it not make sense for Tengus to take a more center stage and have more power to make it easier?

I am personally of the opinion DE simply forgot (as they tend to) cause they got distracted like a kid with ADHD. do you have any alternate theories?

My guess is that his role as evil genius was given to tyl regor instead. Currently I would say tyl regor is the grineer counterpart to alad V, although his actions in the scarlet spear event were a bit out of character and would have fit for vayhek so much better.

41 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

although his actions in the scarlet spear event were a bit out of character and would have fit for vayhek so much better.

It was Sargas who was present during Scarlet Spear. Not Tyl Regor.

46 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

My guess is that his role as evil genius was given to tyl regor instead. Currently I would say tyl regor is the grineer counterpart to alad V, although his actions in the scarlet spear event were a bit out of character and would have fit for vayhek so much better.

Tyl Regor is too .... caring? he is not mad scientist enough to be on equal footing to Alad V/Tengus, and i have not really seen him in anything outside of uranus (also a waste in my opinion , but thats a different topic)

So not sure of your reference to scarlet spear.

10 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Good point. Though we haven't seen Tengus enough to see if he is actually that mad.

i dunno man kicking a dude into a pit of cannibalistic newborns and then turning same dude into a screaming man baby cyborg is pretty mad in my books.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb 0_The_F00l:

Tyl Regor is too .... caring? he is not mad scientist enough to be on equal footing to Alad V/Tengus, and i have not really seen him in anything outside of uranus (also a waste in my opinion , but thats a different topic)

So not sure of your reference to scarlet spear.

Oh wait i mixed up sargas ruk and tyl regor, my bad.

25 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i dunno man kicking a dude into a pit of cannibalistic newborns and then turning same dude into a screaming man baby cyborg is pretty mad in my books.

Hahahahahah. True. But he is probably just venting out stress due to Hek's sudden project deadline? I've been there.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

some comic that most people havent read?

Wait, there's a graphic novel? Is it something I have to pay to read? Or is there a link you can share? Are there any other comics?

This thread is a bombshell for me. This is just like the discussion of the Tempestari video, and I didn't know DE has a (not so secret) secret collection of special cinematic movies that isn't available in-game or on their Twitch Stream and they rarely mention it. :facepalm:

Just now, LillyRaccune said:

Wait, there's a graphic novel? Is it something I have to pay to read? Or is there a link you can share? Are there any other comics?

This thread is a bombshell for me. This is just like the discussion of the Tempestari video, and I didn't know DE has a (not so secret) secret collection of special cinematic movies that isn't available in-game or on their Twitch Stream and they rarely mention it. :facepalm:

There are a few warframe comics, IIRC you had to buy them but you know how internet works, I haven't checked in years tho. The only one I remember is the one with the blind girl that Lil Duck talks about

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Oh there's quite a few things like that the below one is free to read,

https://www.warframe.com/ghoulspurge/

there are quite a few other comics that you can search for and probably find with little effort that are paid,

There is the one about the unum & the blind girl and the one about Octavia thats also free i think.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Tengus

He is not a too common character and mostly the players meet with his name only in the Once Awake quest. Many years passed since the introduction of the quest but somehow DE not managed to give him some major roles. Same happens with the Sergeant and Phorid whom are forgotten and not given any rework or real quest. I personally would like to meet with him as a semi boss during a bossfight or in a different quest where we must find him and bring him to Lotus or Nora.

5 hours ago, nslay said:

IIRC we also have a mystery Corpus scientist that studied the Ghouls in PoE. Maybe this was Latrox Une?

It was Sigor Savah. He literally signs his name to the journal entries. Here is an example.

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If the worm is trying to revive her sister would it not make sense for Tengus to take a more center stage and have more power to make it easier?

The resurrection of the Elder Queen probably revolves around kuva. We know that Tengus has expertise in both genetics and psychiatry (and whatever the Grustrag bolt does), but perhaps Orokin soul-transfer technology is outside his bailiwick.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Tyl Regor is too .... caring? he is not mad scientist enough to be on equal footing to Alad V/Tengus

Not mad scientist enough? He threatens to dissect you when you show up at his door and every encounter with him revolves around experimentation (Stolen Dreams, Phoenix Intercept, Tubemen of Regor, Natah). Tengus may be a mad scientist but he didn't convert an entire planet into a giant underwater laboratory, so he can't hold a candle to Tyl Regor.

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

There are three short webcomics. Dr Tengus appears in the third one – this is also the only time Dr Tengus is shown rather than mentioned. Here are the links:

There are also actual physical comic books that revolve around a storyline with Captain Vor and the ghouls on Earth. These were produced by Top Cow comics and you have to buy them to read them.

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

This thread is a bombshell for me. This is just like the discussion of the Tempestari video, and I didn't know DE has a (not so secret) secret collection of special cinematic movies that isn't available in-game or on their Twitch Stream and they rarely mention it.

There is a lot of lore that is either retired from the game or exists outside it (like the comics, Discord ARG, and YouTube videos). I would encourage you to explore my lore website, the Orokin Archives, where I am attempting to document all of it. Things like the comics can be found in the Miscellaneous section.

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

"is Dr. Tengus a boss?"

And i immediately thought to myself, "i am pretty sure i asked the same question" what is Tengus up to anyway?

I am aware he is responsible for most of the ghouls (kind of), the G3 , Vay Hek and the release of the infestation into the system, But where is he?

I would say that a mad scientist is generally not the kind of character who gets into fights, but then again we fight Alad V (twice) and Tyl Regor, so whatever.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If they wanted they could make him a boss, Ceres needs one.

So what the hell. Make him a boss that summons tons of ghouls. Put him on Ceres. The toxic environment is a thematic match.

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am personally of the opinion DE simply forgot (as they tend to) cause they got distracted like a kid with ADHD.

But of course, this is the real answer.

3 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Maybe the infested got him.  That's what usually happens to people who poke that particular wasps nest.

*Again looks at Alad V*

Sure whatever you say mate,

13 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

The resurrection of the Elder Queen probably revolves around kuva. We know that Tengus has expertise in both genetics and psychiatry (and whatever the Grustrag bolt does), but perhaps Orokin soul-transfer technology is outside his bailiwick.

I dunno ,  I havent met the guy to perform an interview and gauge his skills on space hoodoo yet :P

Archived