Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you guys kill Steel Path Stalker?

PaturikuD13th

I think I am doing something wrong whenever I encounter stalker in the steel path. He always disable my abilities, how can counter that? And he also has a damage immunity which is kinda annoying even though I am shooting him with my operator's amp, i feel like I'm still doing something wrong. Any tips guys? 

... avoid getting hit and hit him when he is vulnerable...

That is the core loop.

Frames that provide passive effects like Armor strip and damage boost in area could help a bit.

He is mostly status immune , so melee may actually not be as useful if you depend on CO.

You have to do it very carefully...

I always carry a Sarpa just for SP Stalker. Here's what it looks like to kill SP Stalker as a naked Revenant in an Infested mission where everything can one-shot him.

Spoiler

It's not that fun. He doesn't reward anything I want... not even some Steel Essence like his brethren.

It's even more hectic when you have something like a Rescue target or Mobile Defense target to protect with lots of bullet sponges walking around.

EDIT: P.S. Operator's Amp is darn near useless for SP Stalker (in terms of damage).

vaz dash with pimped operator = checkmate nearly all normal SP content. if you can spam it every 3-4 seconds, who should be able to kill you. mission impossible.

otherwise usual tactics with "condition overload". everything falls over after a few seconds.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

Sucks that the stalker and alcolytes ignore ability applied armor strip (like the aoe effect of Xaku gaze).

Nyx's Psychic Bolts work on Acolytes. That or the armor removal is only visual.

The same way I do on regular path but slightly slower. 

Honestly it's just the core loop like someone said above already, Shadow Stalker doesn't have proper ranged weapons so if you are really worried about going down just stay at range, constantly switch in and out of the kiddo and he will go down eventually. 

If that's not enough you may want to consider more forma on your weapons, and take a go in players helping players showing people your builds and asking for suggestions. Your DPS just may not be high enough if you feel you are taking so long to kill him even understanding the core gameplay loop with him, that he still manages to get in enough hits to take you down before you can do the same to him. 

For many of us we don't even think about it anymore, we just sneeze in his direction in between amp smacks. 

12 minutes ago, Kraethius said:

Nyx's Psychic Bolts work on Acolytes. That or the armor removal is only visual.

Sonic Fracture too.

It sure -seems- to work in actual effect, although I'm not going to rule out my own inattention and confirmation bias.

Just now, minininja77 said:

Swallow my pride and say screw it let him kill me I do not have time for that bull shiit, he drops nothing I need and takes 3 times as long as a acolyte and half the time drops on a survival for me

I think it would be cool if Steel Path Stalker dropped a handful of Steel Essence. That way he would at least be slightly useful for the average person doing Steel Path. 

Although I've played since early 2015 and STILL never got a single HATE drop despite getting the others about eleventy billion times. 

Feels bad man. 

5 hours ago, nslay said:

I always carry a Sarpa just for SP Stalker.

Bringing a Sarpa just for that low chance of him photobombing your mission is not ideal. Especially for people like me who only run Endless Survival missions and would rather take a proper melee weapon. Besides, it's not like he drops anything worthwhile for killing him at higher levels. He still has the same drop table as the lower level versions which go down in seconds with my Operator Amp. He's nothing but a disruptive and irritating bullet sponge.

Makes more sense to either stand there and let him kill you or just Alt+F4 out of the game.

Can't really suggest anything to kill him, since i don't think i ever encountered him there.
However, one thing that might be usefull: bullet jump directly up, and stay as long in the air as possible. Even Acolytes with ranged weapons cannot seem to shoot me, if i'm above them.
And while melee is the meta, last time i had a duel with him on the regular star chart with an underpowered sword, he just started juggling me, and one of the Acolytes also stun locked me with the lifted status, so i wouldn't recommend using melee against him, unless you can one shot him with it.

33 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Bringing a Sarpa just for that low chance of him photobombing your mission is not ideal. Especially for people like me who only run Endless Survival missions and would rather take a proper melee weapon. Besides, it's not like he drops anything worthwhile for killing him at higher levels. He still has the same drop table as the lower level versions which go down in seconds with my Operator Amp. He's nothing but a disruptive and irritating bullet sponge.

Makes more sense to either stand there and let him kill you or just Alt+F4 out of the game.

Sarpa is useful for many other enemies/bosses in Steel Path.

8 hours ago, nslay said:

It's not that fun. He doesn't reward anything I want... not even some Steel Essence like his brethren.

I feel ya there. My consolation prize for 2020 was Stalker deciding, rather fittingly, that was the year to finally give me Despair.

Just shy of my six year anniversary with the game.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I melee him and use my amp when he gets resistances

This ↑

Same here, Start Meleeing the Schitt out of him once he gets up and becomes vulnerable, when he gets resistance i hop into my Operator and let out a quick blast on him and return into my frame to continue.

Since i main Vazarin i get the benefit of being able to Self Heal and a brief invulnerability moment after dashing through my own frame to heal so it gives me some free time to beat him.

Archived