Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you guys kill Steel Path Stalker?

PaturikuD13th

11 hours ago, nslay said:

Depending on how I feel, I do that too...

Same, or I just kite him into a mob and grab some popcorn to see who wins. Once saw a pack of Chargers tear him e new a holes in a few seconds 😂😂😂

I could fight him with gun and blade and use kiddo go reset resistances when needed, but I've got all his drops now so I'll not  waste my time with him any more.

Depends on my mood. There are a few weapons I have, that I am sure we all have, which can take care of him fast, but if you are like me... you are probably running sub optimal gear to level it up, experiment, etc so I'll resort to Operator, dashing and long ranged attacks, sometimes behind pillars. Alternatively, I'll just rush him with whatever melee I have, and see who dies first. If its me, thats fine, his rewards aren't anything I need or care for versus the time it takes for suboptimal builds to kill him. 

Oh or if you are lucky, and on Void Defence, then use the lasers! 

Surprised by the comments, didn't know it's that hard to deal with for most of the ppl

I just kill him with whatever weapon I'm carrying, most gun/melee that are viable for steel path is also ok for shadow stalker imo

if I'm bringing some bad weapon for any reason, I pull out my mausolon, tag him (for much easier aim) and kite+kill mobs>use alt atk on shadow>kite+kill mobs>repeat.

see if you are solo or not, if solo iirc it just takes 5-8 alt atk at max to kill it, but for squads its kill time is highly relying on your teammates.

Archguns are the best as a failsafe weapon imo cuz

1)it don't take weapon space

2)don't share affinity when it's not pulled out

3)have high damage(for mausolon at least)

If you don't have archgun launcher and/or mausolon better get it asap as imo it's a big QoL leap for getting it.

48 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

Surprised by the comments, didn't know it's that hard to deal with for most of the ppl

It's not hard to kill him, it's just tedious and boring. I can smack him to death without getting a single scratch on me, I just don't care to do it.

The greatest sin that a game can commit is to become boring and tedious. Once it loses its fun, it loses the entire purpose of its existence.

In SP I´m mostly play with Nekros and with the Shadows you have 90% DMG resistance. This cant be cancelt even when you run in a Nullifier Bubble. When a Stalker shows up refresh the shadows and just delete him. He is not able to break my tank in time even in Survival when a lot of Mobs around you. (you should cast Fear anyway when this happen to reduce the incoming dps)
Valkyr can do this also easy and just instant destroy him but she is really squishy when you are not careful. 
I would suggest you may take a look at your loadout because there might be things to improve. When I played the first time SP I shoot forever at mobs and was near dead when are more than 3 Show up and stalker was a 100% dead sentence. After some rework and new weapons ... "oh wait stalker... hehehe come play with me :>" and face tank the map. I'm sure that can be done with many other frame too. 

Contrary to what some have stated, he isn't simply a bullet sponge. He hits hard and can take a hit instead of keeling over when you look at him, so he poses more of a challenge than the normal fodder you see on SP.

Stay mobile via bullet jumping and rolling to maintain range and just shoot him with whatever primary weapon you usually prefer to take on SP, as long as you've modded it for SP. Tankier frames can engage into melee with... pretty much whatever I suppose (I've used Ninkondi Prime, Guandao Prime, Redeemer Prime, Xoris - whatever I happen to enjoy using), again as long as you have the mods for it. Don't get too sloppy in melee range, as you may need to get out of harm's way and heal when taking a shot or two.

I wouldn't say you need to specifically mod for his weaknesses, but if you find your mod setup is great for fodder enemies, yet bad against Acolytes, change it up a bit if you want to kill Acolytes.

16 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

It's not hard to kill him, it's just tedious and boring. I can smack him to death without getting a single scratch on me, I just don't care to do it.

The greatest sin that a game can commit is to become boring and tedious. Once it loses its fun, it loses the entire purpose of its existence.

In Warframe's defense, I've played far long enough to void that sin. 100 stalker fights is bound to no longer be fun an fight #10 is not as fun as fight #1. 

Archived