Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Stream Schedule: April 5 - 9

[DE]Helen

2 minutes ago, ElDark258 said:

But how do you manage to get peculiar Bloom? As far as I know it cannot be obtained via regular ways, I mean in game market nor missions... can you? 

Doesn't it drop in ESO if you do 8 rounds? (low drop rate but still not completely unobtainable)

En 2/4/2021 a las 19:27, (NSW)Lolo dijo:

Why there are many players hate RNG drop, and DE still keep doing that ?

Did the communication team really try or want to know about WF players ?

Good thing someone dared to pull the words from my mind, it's the same feeling I get, that we're not being listened to... 

Justo ahora, (PSN)Up-greyedd dijo:

Doesn't it drop in ESO if you do 8 rounds? (low drop rate but still not completely unobtainable)

Thanks! I had no idea about that, although I don't think I'd use it xD I prefer to take advantage of every single mod slot in my frames and stuff

En 3/4/2021 a las 7:15, Chrysdar dijo:

For those who disagree with the rng drops and provided constructive criticism and suggestions, thank you! It is much more helpful to understand someone else's perspective that way.  At first I didn't care either way because I watch some streams just for the content but now I would agree they might be counter-productive.

The negative or name calling complaints were not swaying me whatsoever.

I know, right? I also find it's a rather negative point to 'rngize' the stream's drops, in my personal opinion it would be much more motivating know what your going for, I mean, ok there are players who have almost every single thing in the game, but then there are those, who like me, don't have it all, or maybe I just want more cute floofs for my orbiter, I mean, you can never have enough floofs :D

1 minute ago, ElDark258 said:

I know, right? I also find it's a rather negative point to 'rngize' the stream's drops, in my personal opinion it would be much more motivating know what your going for, I mean, ok there are players who have almost every single thing in the game, but then there are those, who like me, don't have it all, or maybe I just want more cute floofs for my orbiter, I mean, you can never have enough floofs :D

There is a specific reason for WHY the drops are RNG: It's to keep people engaged and keep people watching the streams. If you knew in advance what you were getting, you would only watch that stream for that particular day and avoid all the other streams. 

There are already more than enough people that ONLY watch the streams for the drops anyway. Why make it easier for them to drop in and drop out?

Be glad DE/twitch only requires you to watch for 30 min to get a drop, instead of the whole hour. And again, it's free stuff which you didn't have before. You're not losing anything by watching the stream for free loot, other than time (which you can always choose not to watch the stream, not get the free stuff, and have all the time to do what you want in the end).

hace 3 minutos, (PSN)Up-greyedd dijo:

There is a specific reason for WHY the drops are RNG: It's to keep people engaged and keep people watching the streams. If you knew in advance what you were getting, you would only watch that stream for that particular day and avoid all the other streams. 

There are already more than enough people that ONLY watch the streams for the drops anyway. Why make it easier for them to drop in and drop out?

Be glad DE/twitch only requires you to watch for 30 min to get a drop, instead of the whole hour. And again, it's free stuff which you didn't have before. You're not losing anything by watching the stream for free loot, other than time (which you can always choose not to watch the stream, not get the free stuff, and have all the time to do what you want in the end).

I guess that's fair, but seeing how you won't be able to get all the stuff is kinda disappointing. I procure to never miss a stream, I really like to watch them, but that's my .20... I just wish one could get all the stuff somehow

Idc about drops that much but if someone is giving some kinda feedback or "thier opinion" which they are entitled to, you don't have to be salty and reply with don't watch if you don't like, they are the same people who'll be the first to complain about certain features of the game, imagine you posting feedback on megathread only for some dev to reply you "don't play the game if you don't like". Calm down. They can post their opinions/feedback, you can do the same. There is no reason to be mean about it. And Some people really need to stop saying "it's FREE", as Someone once wisely said, "If you aren't paying for the product, 'you' are the product". 

Enjoy the game, let everyone have their opinions, dont enforce your thought process on what and how people should think or give feedback for. 

7 hours ago, ElDark258 said:

But how do you manage to get peculiar Bloom? As far as I know it cannot be obtained via regular ways, I mean in game market nor missions... can you? 

It's a small drop chance from rotation C of ESO. Abysmal, but obtainable.

Ah, RNG.

So my drop results for this week are: 4 Ashen Kuaka Floofs and 1 Flower Decanter.

I now own 10 of those floofs and that's more than anyone needs who does not like to spam their orbiter with plushies. *shrug*

Free stuff is nice and I appreciate the fact this exists at all. Those twitch drop grab bags just aren't my favourite by a long shot. '-' The very fact that they include such a wide variety of stuff leads to disappointment.

So while I would watch the streams anyway, I could do without the hope-disappointment cycle. ^^ <3

On 2021-04-01 at 9:55 AM, [DE]Helen said:
  • Common Drops
    • Flower Decanter
    • Tarna Planter
    • Ashen Kuaka Floof
  • Rare Drops
    • Peculiar Bloom
    • Storm Color Picker

The new system with random drops seemed fine enough, but having "rare drops" that seem so much more appealing than the common drops feels like it has tip-toed over the line to a slightly predatory place.  I get that the drops provide an incentive for players to actually tune in and engage with the community, that seems fine.

But with "rare drops", there are going to be a ton of players taking you up on the incentive in the hopes that they will get the rare carrot you're dangling, only to end up leaving without it.  And despite the "it was free, better than nothing" logic, that's not how human brains are wired so it's going to feel bad.  And on some level, you've gotta know that's the situation you're creating.  I would strongly urge you to not do this in the future, it just doesn't feel like a good look.  Just my two cents, though.

While I appreciate that the drops are given out for free, I've to be critical of using RNG on the drops. 

The fact that the drops are RNG based is hell of annoying, I mean come on 2 Flower Decanters and 3 Ashen Kuaka Floof??

I liked it when the drops were fixed, you know what to expect when you watch the streams. Sure DE could just decide not to give out anything during the streams, yet they do and good on them for it but can we just get rid of using RNG on drops? IMO using RNG on drops seem like a half a55 attempt to incentivize viewers. 

I got two flower decanters and two kuakas. Doesn't hurt so bad cuz i did get peculiar bloom, but still left "bad taste" that i mentioned on first page because what i actually really want (and don't have) are the tarna planter and color picker. 

I guess i can peacefully skip Thursday stream now.

==============

While we're here, the amount of people who are throwing around the word FREE is ludicrous.

i don't support sarcasm and it's true that some members here could chose more polite words to express their disappointment, but the streams are not act of generosity. If you go to mcdonald's and you get free fries, is it because mcdonald's are generous and compassion? No, it's part of a marketing plan. Somebody is paying for those, and they'd like to get the best results from the campaign.
You're not obligated to shut up and just take the fries. You're absolutely allowed to write in suggestion box if the free fries are too soggy, too dry, if you'd like more, or if you'd like to see some freebies other than fries. That's actually more useful for the company so they can get the most out of their marketing campaigns.

Being a community manager genius that she is, reb started this whole stream thing so they can get closer to the community, easier time to circulate information, and have another channel to promote warframe. Not because she's a generous god(dess) and would like you to have free item.

Just because it's free, doesn't mean we're not allowed to give suggestions and try improving it. Oh, by the way: the whole warframe game is free. Have you seen how packed the feedback sub-forums are?
Also, warframe wasn't always this successful. Near its original launch, the game was pretty rough. Y'all know how it became this successful? By listening to community feedback. Warframe became famous as "a game that players actually want to play". Huge part of the game was built on player's suggestions.

==============

Companies have free merchandise. Probably a hat, umbrella, shirt, stickers maybe.. warframe have free drops (and free plats, and free prime access, and beautiful girls streaming about the game, and one adorable marcus). No company want to give out merchandise that leaves bad taste in their customer's mouths. they're supposed to promote the company or their main product, make people feel good about their purchases, and come back for more in the future.
I believe it's really important for people to leave the stream feeling happy, not bummed.

So yeah, many of us would appreciate less grab bags, less rng, or at least better chances to get the free items that'll actually make us feel good.

On 2021-04-02 at 7:35 PM, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

They stream because it's beneficial for them, not us. lol

We get Plat, we get Prime Access, We get Drops, We get Content.

It's beneficial if you like the game, enjoy knowing more about the development, or just like free stuff.

Find me another game/company this open about sharing how it's being developed and maintained.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Oh Jaspir said:

Find me another game/company this open about sharing how it's being developed and maintained.

I have a couple of dev studios that do that on twitch. Ronimo Games (originally streamed Awesomenauts weekly dev updates) is the first one that springs to mind. UnbrokenStudios was another, though I haven't watched either in a LONG time. They exist. I like watching developers playing their own games, [DE] is great, not trying to bash them, but they're not the only ones. Just pointing that out...

I have received 4 Tarna Planters. Please eliminate RNG for future grab-bags or have drop protection to prevent receiving the same item every time. I would like to trade in 3 of these planters for a Peculiar Bloom.

I have one more drop to go on Thursday's stream. Hopefully something other than a planter shows up in my inbox.

3 flower decanters and a floof 

I got the planters and decanter from the last time you guys did the flower themed drop and I have more than enough floofs.

The fact that you figured out how to force even more RNG on us is already a slap in the face but making certain items RARE drops!? WTH!? 

Archived