Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why was the Arca Plasmor's headshot multiplier removed???

PlushyMakoa

35 minutes ago, PlushyMakoa said:

Why did DE removed headshot multiplier of Arca Plasmor??? That's so stupid...

Because the Arca Plasmor shoots a projectile that works pretty much like a wave, it has inherent punch through AND high crit.

Because of the wave style of projectile, it ALWAYS did headshot damage, and to ALL enemies that the wave hitted.

3 минуты назад, (PSN)GingyGreen сказал:

It was absurdly overpowered. It also because there's no "headshotting" with a projectile the size of a wall. Simply aiming at the enemy triggered headshots

I don't remember it being overpowered because I used it before all the nerfs (and only now i'm making a post about this, yeah...). So, i don't understand why they completely removed headshots from Arca Plasmor.

2 минуты назад, Uhkretor сказал:

... I find it interesting that the first ones to complain about these kinds of changes are the ones that usually exploit them...

Exploit? How? Are you talking about Harrow? Because i did see a post about how some abused Arca Plasmor by using it with Harrow. I personally never used Arca Plasmor with Harrow, so i don't really know what to feel, sadness or happiness?

6 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

It was absurdly overpowered. It also because there's no "headshotting" with a projectile the size of a wall. Simply aiming at the enemy triggered headshots

Reminds me of this Underwatched episode

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, PlushyMakoa said:

Are you talking about Harrow?

... Headshotting with a "wall" of radiation.

If the behavior was unintended, then it was exploited by whoever used it because of that behavior.

... Not to forget the obvious thing with Harrow, but excluding it from the mix...

1 минуту назад, Uhkretor сказал:

... Headshotting with a "wall" of radiation.

If the behavior was unintended, then it was exploited by whoever used it because of that behavior.

Then it's not an exploit, because this weapon, as people above said, was always triggering headshots.

Just now, PlushyMakoa said:

Then it's not an exploit, because this weapon, as people above said, was always triggering headshots.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

(...

(...)

... I'm pretty sure you didn't think it through...

40 minutes ago, PlushyMakoa said:

Why did DE removed headshot multiplier of Arca Plasmor??? That's so stupid...

Because it should headshot/crit entire rooms if you simply aimed at eye level. 

Hyperbole? A bit, but not much. 

I could rail at AoE and, worse, AoE/crit, but the the weapon was so dominant that you rare saw anyone using anything but. That was the issue. Even after the adjustment, it's still a very powerful weapon. 

One of the fundamental problems in this game is how far out of hand AoE has become. It needs nerfed to the bedrock. CC effects should have widespread AoE, not damage. This lesson was taught back in PSO on the Dreamcast. Apparently it didn't sink in with DE. 

And so, yes, we're going to rail at it after all. 

From Update 22.10:

"The Arca Plasmor received a change yesterday where headshots no longer deal bonus damage. The Arca Plasmor was designed to hit multiple targets with a high-status chance, but with wide wave projectiles and inherent punch-through, a single shot could result in multiple headshots. With it being a shotgun, it was never intended to behave as a precision weapon, and the bonus pushed it too far out of that mold."

1 minute ago, PlushyMakoa said:

Maybe, my english is not good at all and i now don't understand what are you talking about :/

... And now you're trying to stretch it too far...

2 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

The Arca Plasmor was designed to hit multiple targets with a high-status chance, but with wide wave projectiles and inherent punch-through, a single shot could result in multiple headshots. With it being a shotgun, it was never intended to behave as a precision weapon, and the bonus pushed it too far out of that mold."

... ^ This ^...

vor 30 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom:

Ignore him, he thinks everything is an exploit basically.

in my opinion this is paranoid trolling. I hope DE will distance itself from such "creatures" in the future. because now many guns and warframes have been ruined. and hardly make sense. but there are still so many beautiful weapons with pleasant special effects and sounds ...
i bet people like him play actively with kuva nukor and that's why there is no troll bait topic on the first page. the main thing is to spoil the fun for the other players, right?

You can still deal absurd damage with it hitting Sonar weakspots.  (last i checked, that was a while ago)

It has those weird misfires for a while now where shots just don't do anything, kind of how 'sparks' happen in War Thunder, this is purely caused by a bug in Arca Plasmors's case though and not by a feature or lag.

Archived