Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.9

1 hour ago, NonEuclideanOtter said:

I'm not whiteknighting DE exactly, I have my own issues with some of the changes they've made, but you need to realize that they are not a huge development team. They simply do not have number of people necessary to test things on the same scale, or even close to the scale, of the PC player base. If you really don't like being a tester for new patches, maybe consider moving to console. You get the updates later, but they are less buggy due to the hotfix processes done on PC.

Shenanigans.

1) If you have to say that "you aren't white knighting, but" then maybe you already know that your position is only marginally viable.

2) The size of the development team is not an excuse for releasing a bad update.  Please note that the development team for Terraria is the size of that which DE wheels out once a month.  They run their own engine.  They run their game off of about 85% RNG.  The scale and stability of the games is comparable.  Literally the only difference is that Terraria releases are embraced and loved, and it's 2D.  

3) DE sets their own update cadence.  If crap is not ready they have the ability to delay, and get it going.  Despite this, they never seem to.

4) DE has test servers.  They choose not to use them.  Why?  

5) Finally, let's talk comparable games.  Fortnite is stable, is a shooter, and is online.  It's got a constant stream of content and updates.  It's stable.  Bethesda has Fallout 76.  It's as much of a laughing stock as can be, but releases almost a magnitude of content more than Warframe with about the same instability.  When all possible avenues of comparison are that you cannot do what other prove is attainable, then it really demonstrates your incapability.

6) But DE is an independent developer.  Their team is tiny.  Oh right, that hasn't been the case for years.  People somehow mistake the DE of 2013 for the DE of 2021.  They do this because DE has cultivated this misunderstanding so they can have and eat their cake.  It's a small team when they release bad.  It's a large team when they are asked if they can compete with other developers.  The actual truth is that it's whatever size fits the chosen narrative....and people often forget this.

So here's the bit where I'll share my opinion.  I don't believe that you are white knighting.  That said, you offer that comparison when you state it outright.  I believe you want to offer some balance to what may be perceived as a lot of people ripping on DE.  What is lost in translation is that DE has been making these same choices for years.  Only now are most people getting to the point of frustration, because they allowed it to happen before.  

This is a losing battle when DE pulls crap like the 29.10.x update.  10 updates thus far.  Significant bugs are still rampant.  Some of us have been playing for a couple of weeks, and still haven't gotten drops because a 6% drop rate is a joke.  All of this comes on the back of an announcement that DE plans to largely go silent in April, on the "gear up to 30.0."  Talk about a depressing truth, and bad messaging.  This is why people are angry.

• Like 13

In Update 29.10.8, there were mentions of fixing HUD colors for Railjack. ...

On 2021-03-31 at 3:07 PM, SephirothWS said:

WUZqD8M.jpeg

lJuhx9f.jpg

I use the Dark Lotus color theme for my UI. Why is my HUD still vitruvian in color?

IfoDpTu.jpeg

Any news of if/when the UI will finally get unified like everything else is being unified? I'm tired of seeing everything all golden colored when in Railjack/Necramech when I've purplized the rest of my UI with this color theme that costed PLATINUM to unlock.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -LordDragon96- said:

This fix completly broke the objective door on Flexa in Veil proxima. the last door in that specific tileset sometimes didnt open, just remaind closed. After this hotfix it never opens, 8 missions I got that tile and it never opened, doesn't matter if in squad or solo.

That bug's been in the game since Railjack launched in December 2019.  Pulse turbine door, right?  When that happens, submit a game log to support.  They're actively trying to fix that one, and if you've gotten 8 instances of it happening, that's a lot of data to work with

Get comfy, Dreamers.

Make the Easter Cosmetics permanent!

In February you made the Eros Arrow Skin a permanent cosmetic and added giant permanent bird wings. In December you added a permanent snowing cloud to float over our heads. Halloween now has two permanent Ephemeras. Why haven't you made the Easter cosmetics permanent, as is requested by many every year? Permanent Easter cosmetics are long overdue for the treatment given to all of the other now-permanent cosmetics. I've been asking for this in particular for half a decade now!

Add ways to hide silly cosmetics!

Despite still saying "no" to the Lepus Headgear for no good reason, as contradictory as it is you have said "yes" to all sorts of other silly cosmetics - as recently as last month! You can beat people to death with a giant candy cane or sleigh bells, you can freeze people with a gun wrapped in ornamental lights, you can put a Santa hat on your dog, you can shoot people with heart-shaped arrows, you can put a fish on your head, you can make enemies sprout flowers, and much, much more. Yet you still don't provide any tools for players (or even your own creative team who you've specifically said don't like them) to hide these distracting, outlandish, immersion-breaking cosmetics.

An answer to both of these problems exists and I've been posting about it for years:

What we have now makes no one happy. It doesn't work for people that like these cosmetics. It doesn't work for people who don't like these cosmetics. It doesn't work for players. It doesn't work for your creative team. And your messaging is entirely contradictory and inconsistent. 2021 is the year to do this properly.

---

This remains broken and there has been no update from you since January. When will this issue be addressed, and how?

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 3

Hi DE,

Neptune Proxima still suffers from extreme fps drops. From solid 60 in the rest of the game to 30-40fps at best, consistently.

Thank you and happy holidays

• Like 1

There has been a bug in the focus collection system when activated in missions from the beginning of this update, namely giving incorrect (higher) values of focus than actually gained. Ive seen a couple people address this... seriously could you at least take some time off the railjack fixes and pay attention to the ones you created in the core gameplay??

There's a bug on h-2 cloud during the pulse turbine mission, where the doors lock, including the last terminal to hack after the second radiator is broken. The only way to fix this is to return to dry dock.

3 hours ago, NonEuclideanOtter said:

I'm not whiteknighting DE exactly, I have my own issues with some of the changes they've made, but you need to realize that they are not a huge development team. They simply do not have number of people necessary to test things on the same scale, or even close to the scale, of the PC player base. If you really don't like being a tester for new patches, maybe consider moving to console. You get the updates later, but they are less buggy due to the hotfix processes done on PC.

Man if only they had a test server that they could use to test changes.

6 hours ago, -Francesco.pe said:

And still no fix for permanent Magnetic procs on Railjack. COME ON...

HFTrcAy.jpg

Lae6Iv9.jpg

And it's so permanent, that you have to leave dojo in order to get rid of it, if you only go back to dry dock it will remain like this in missions.

• Like 1
  • Fixed the new Armaments that were released in Update 29.10.0 not appearing when filtered by house type (Zekti, Vidar, Lavan) at the ‘Configure Railjack’ panel.

Still not fixed as of this update. This update:

0CE58D9B50E6C004D9C10706AF73A23CFE92653D
5E2D2E0513262A9FC1176DF943B8A52DF697E538

And also: 

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the fixes!

Second, I'm here to report two bugs nobody else has said yet, which may be related to each other.

First bug: the fix for the tactical warp / gunner seat glitch you mentioned seems to have broken another aspect of tactical warp - during coop play, I experienced several instances of not being able to properly warp out of swivel turrets or the slingshot.

When attempted from swivel turrets, it would often just black the screen for ~2 seconds, (during which I believe the exiting turret animation was playing, invisible to me), and then the screen would come back to reveal me standing at the turret entrance. A second warp was required to actually go anywhere on the ship that wasn't the turret I was already in.

When attempted from the slingshot, it would black the screen, then upon vision returning I was still in the slingshot.

Second bug: twice in that same session (spanning over multiple missions) I suddenly found that my y axis panning was broken: instead of being able to look from straight up to straight down, my 180 degrees was from:

1) about -10 degrees from ahead center to about 80 degrees past straight up (aiming past the top of my head)

2) straight ahead to straight behind, totally unable to look above my current eye height (made it pretty annoying to fight a sentient floating above me! haha)

Both cases led to being able to look far enough to turn my camera upside down, and both persisted past the end of the mission (I think they cleared at drydock)

I'd consider the second bug more severe / game breaking, but my thoughts are that it may be related to tactical menu warping when the railjack is upside down, and therefore anybody at the objectives (away team's) and any gunners' perspectives are upside down with respect to the railjack. So maybe something isn't translating right when using tactical menu warp from either of those locations.

Cheers!

also please give me my sweet, sweet gian point back DX

• Like 2

Bug:

If you leave the Railjack in a Dry Dock as an Operator, and if you then open up the "Configure Railjack" screen and go to your plexus. You wont see the "Mods" option show up. Thus preventing us from upgrading the Plexus mods while in operator mode.

Edited by Knifewolf1882
Added how to reproduce bug
10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

we’ll be shifting over to a “no Hotfix’ realm

What do you mean by no hotfixes? There's still so much to fix! Would have been a lot easier if you had QA.
Don't say we will be again left with several dozens of fatal bugs, which will be present for many years, strongly ignored by all DE staff; "no such bugs ever reported, stop spreading lies".