Jump to content

Changing Config A to B only shifts mods and not abilities why?


Recommended Posts

Gonna copy paste what I typed in one of the PC patch note update forums...

Can we please get the ability to move Helminth Abilities from Config A to B and such because as we change Warframe's and change back again we are automatically set to Config A. What happens now is that when I put Roar on Config A and Pillage on Config B, but I find Pillage to be more useful than Roar and I want it to be my all time go to ability of that frame which means I want it on Config A, but when I try to swap Config B to A it just shifts mods and not the Helminth Abilities which also removes that ability related mods as well and that is annoying.

Can either make it so that we can set Config B as the Default, so whenever we change frames and change again. It takes config B or any other default build as main and not locked to Config A as default.

Edited by EdenFlame
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • EdenFlame changed the title to Changing Config A to B only shifts mods and not abilities why?
1 hour ago, EdenFlame said:

Can either make it so that we can set Config B as the Default, so whenever we change frames and change again. It takes config B or any other default build as main and not locked to Config A as default.

Sure, though fair warning - this is entirely out-of-context with the rest of your post. It sounds like you're asking for changes to the Helminth, when you're actually asking for the ability to pick a "default" Config rather than just the first. I support this proposal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

when you're actually asking for the ability to pick a "default" Config rather than just the first.

Yes, that's it if only we can have that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdenFlame said:

Yes, that's it if only we can have that.

I mean... I'm not sure what else you're even asking for. Infused abilities are tied to the Config you originally Infused them into. To change that, you need to remove the ability and Infuse it again, this time choosing different Configs. Considering you can Infuse an ability into any Configs of the Warframe you want at the time (including all of them), I don't really see much of an issue. Yes, it's done at cost and I would personally prefer a more convenient option. Say, a "Re-Infuse" option which can only be done to an ability already Infused to either remove it from or put it into a Config. But that's really just a matter of voiding the cost, which is ultimately not that high now that Bile has a reasonable amount of resources to replenish it.

The reason I clung onto the idea of picking a different default Config besides the first is it's useful for a lot more than just the Helminth, it's easy to explain and it's something you're unlikely to see much if any pushback on. It's a very simple, convenient option that I suspect most people would agree with, even if they had no use for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I prefer not moving the infused ability when migrating configs.

and why is that?

idk about you but i tend to give the configs a name that will also hinds about any ability changes in there. at times i like to switch the places of build though if i found me another one that i would rather have as the 'default'... atm the only way to do so is by also re-swaping the infused abilities too - and that more than just for the one config if the other config-slot also contains a infused. that is a rather silly way to do and a waste of resources, so ofc i don't do this and have to live with the occasionally 'wrong' build in a mission because of that.

not a big catastrophe but certainly not a QoL feature either - and it shouldn't be a mighty problem to solve by DE...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

the only way to do so is by also re-swaping the infused abilities too - and that more than just for the one config if the other config-slot also contains a infused.

This is the problem I'm facing as well as Helminth takes lots of res and not everyone has them that much, Bile still gives me trouble. By giving us the choice to set the config as default should not be a problem for anyone imo at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

give option to change the slot abilities are infused on, but don't change how mod loadouts function right now, this way we have the best of both worlds

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-02 at 6:41 AM, fr4gb4ll said:

and why is that?

idk about you but i tend to give the configs a name that will also hinds about any ability changes in there. at times i like to switch the places of build though if i found me another one that i would rather have as the 'default'... atm the only way to do so is by also re-swaping the infused abilities too - and that more than just for the one config if the other config-slot also contains a infused. that is a rather silly way to do and a waste of resources, so ofc i don't do this and have to live with the occasionally 'wrong' build in a mission because of that.

not a big catastrophe but certainly not a QoL feature either - and it shouldn't be a mighty problem to solve by DE...

I need the same mod set-up, but different ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I need the same mod set-up, but different ability.

I don't know if you don't understand me or I'm not understanding you, but you see we got a total of 3 config and you can buy 3 more with 10 plat each making the total of 6... While we only have Config A as a default setup so whatever mod or ability it has and you change frames you will be set to config A again. 

So, you can have same mod setup and 6 different abilities on all 6. But when you change frames your Config A will be your default and will be selected no matter what and you might just enter into mission with wrong ability than intended.

For Example

"Let's say you are in a squad and you are using Mag but now your team needs Nekros and you want to go or rather you enjoy Greedy Pull Nek or anything Helmith abilities, but your Config A is normal Nekros and you switch in a hurry without noticing that now you are in a mission and not enjoying your Nek as you wanted so you either Extract wasting whole time or play boring none Subsumed Nek."

I  hope this makes you understand what I meant, what you're saying does not make sense to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-04 at 8:01 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I need the same mod set-up, but different ability.

ah yes, that make sense then - though i just copy pasted the config for such cases and infused a different ability... most config done this way was 6 for inaros, to figure a fitting replacement for his 3rd... ended up with eclipse in the end.

luckily, one can post the mod-config into the chat, change the config slot in the inventory and then paste the whole lot back into this empty config... still, if you do this a lot, it's annoying for sure ^^)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

ah yes, that make sense then - though i just copy pasted the config for such cases and infused a different ability... most config done this way was 6 for inaros, to figure a fitting replacement for his 3rd... ended up with eclipse in the end.

luckily, one can post the mod-config into the chat, change the config slot in the inventory and then paste the whole lot back into this empty config... still, if you do this a lot, it's annoying for sure ^^)

I do it enough that your proposed change would infringe on my freedom 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-04 at 10:02 PM, EdenFlame said:

I don't know if you don't understand me or I'm not understanding you, but you see we got a total of 3 config and you can buy 3 more with 10 plat each making the total of 6... While we only have Config A as a default setup so whatever mod or ability it has and you change frames you will be set to config A again. 

So, you can have same mod setup and 6 different abilities on all 6. But when you change frames your Config A will be your default and will be selected no matter what and you might just enter into mission with wrong ability than intended.

For Example

"Let's say you are in a squad and you are using Mag but now your team needs Nekros and you want to go or rather you enjoy Greedy Pull Nek or anything Helmith abilities, but your Config A is normal Nekros and you switch in a hurry without noticing that now you are in a mission and not enjoying your Nek as you wanted so you either Extract wasting whole time or play boring none Subsumed Nek."

I  hope this makes you understand what I meant, what you're saying does not make sense to me.

I need the ability to be different, but I have the same mod set-up on the Warframe using another infused (or vanilla) ability loaded on to the config with a different ability. After the mission that requires such a change, I swap that shlt back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...