Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please explain this to me

ThumpumGood

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Uhm.... No.... Let me quote to you exactly what I wrote:

Consistency is very very important Factor you always keep Omitting whenever we have one of our Little "Chats"....

I don't know... Maybe I'm the only one who actually cares about that sort of thing....

You don't need it for consistency, I've just proved that. You know occasionally you just accept some good advice and acknowledge it. Might make you a better player.

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well thanks for the Lecture I guess... But the Analogy still doesn't Fit well enough...

Playing a Musical Instrument would fit better.... Unlike DIY Carpentry it's main purposes is one of enjoyment just like Video Games.... Even if all other aspects are different....

I'm just saying.... Never use the word "Job" when making any sort of Video Game Analogy... It's just never going to fit properly.

Not that it matters but carpentry, video games and playing a musical instrument can all be hobbies or a job. 

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I know that.... It's just Harder to do when there's nothing to Kill.... Well... Nothing you can see anyways....

That plus Warframe's Geometry does Actually allow you to Stand on impossible Surfaces resulting in the Riven Resetting 😠 !!!

Ah I see, yea that can be annoying. I selected a small corridor in an infested area. Could wall jump back and forth between walls while picking off enemies. And I'm really not good at wall latching. 😅

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You don't need it for consistency, I've just proved that. You know occasionally you just accept some good advice and acknowledge it. Might make you a better player.

There is no Consistency.... Wether it's by Design or By a Bug you can never really have Consistent Anything in Warframe.

You Proved Didly Squat....

5 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Not that it matters but carpentry, video games and playing a musical instrument can all be hobbies or a job. 

True but one of those Things has. drastically different Philosophy than the other 2.... 

Come on... Admit it... You know that Analogy doesn't Fit.... I mean Everyone understood what the intention was so I guess it doesn't matter.... But still.... 

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ah I see, yea that can be annoying. I selected a small corridor in an infested area. Could wall jump back and forth between walls while picking off enemies. And I'm really not good at wall latching. 😅

I normally use the Void Tile Set because the Interior Spaces are Larger and Its the Tileset I know better than an Other....

Zilchy wants me to use Lua of all places..... 😱 Have you seen the Walls there ?.... They are Uneven as $$@&.... If a bug or Slip up is going to happen... My guess is that's the most likely place it would occur... 

Especially since I play on Controller.... Holding the Ability Modifier Button Disables all advanced Maneuvering for some reason....

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

There is no Consistency.... Wether it's by Design or By a Bug you can never really have Consistent Anything in Warframe.

You Proved Didly Squat....

How so? It took me 2 seconds to latch a wall and press 4, are you trying to say you can't wall latch for 2 seconds normally? I can do exactly what I did 100% of the time, that's consistent. You should take a note out of an earlier person's book Lilly, who simply acknowledged the strat for the Dargyn pilots as an easy way to do it, instead of trying to disprove it purely because you don't like that person which is extremely petty and childish. Every single person you're replying to right now can see that you're wrong, quit while you're ahead before you dig a deeper hole.

Just now, Lutesque said:

True but one of those Things has. drastically different Philosophy than the other 2.... 

Come on... Admit it... You know that Analogy doesn't Fit.... I mean Everyone understood what the intention was so I guess it doesn't matter.... But still....

Philosophy has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about completing tasks. Unlocking rivens and sinking screws. Both of these tasks are relatively easy if you use the proper technique or dare I say "use the right tool for the job."

You're wanting me to make a literal analogy when I used a figurative. You want to argue semantics but ignore the fact that OP was trying to unlock a "Kill X Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground" riven by shooting them out of the air with a Kuva Bramma. Can you think of a more inefficient method of unlocking that riven? I can't. Just like I can't you think of a more inefficient method of sinking screws than trying to bash them with an adjustable wrench. 

17 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Philosophy has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about completing tasks. Unlocking rivens and sinking screws. Both of these tasks are relatively easy if you use the proper technique or dare I say "use the right tool for the job."

Okay now I think this Discussion is starting to fall apart....

17 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You're wanting me to make a literal analogy when I used a figurative.

Not at all.... I just want your Analogy to be Contextualized better... 

What makes sense when doing something thats intended to be fun won't be the same as something that is merely intended to reach an End Point....

This is effectively the difference between Driving a Screw/Nail and Beating a Challenge....

In one example the task is the point while in the other Example the task precludes the point.... 

Hence why I thought your Analogy didn't fit....

It's got nothing to do with it Being Literall... It doesn't fit Figuratively Either....

24 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You want to argue semantics

You know... I guess I was... If I'm being completely honest....

I guess the reason is because your Analogy or the way it was worded Triggered me some how 🤫 !!!

25 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

OP was trying to unlock a "Kill X Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground" riven by shooting them out of the air with a Kuva Bramma. Can you think of a more inefficient method of unlocking that riven? I can't. Just like I can't you think of a more inefficient method of sinking screws than trying to bash them with an adjustable wrench. 

Oh I can think of More Inefficient yet still succesful methods of doing both those things... I'm very Creative... 😁 Which is just a fancy pants way if saying I'm just Mad... 

39 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Okay now I think this Discussion is starting to fall apart....

No. I think it fell apart long before that. 

You never actually discussed anything relevant to the topic with me. You merely wanted to argue for the sake of arguing because you didn't like how I worded something. 

It accomplished nothing and derailed the topic. 

There's always some elitist or professional gamer who doesnt consider that this is a pass time for the most of us. And in that regard, if the pass time is a PITA, we find another one. Again.... the details need to be on the riven or the mechanic needs to be changed to fit the description. Period.

Archived