Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How often do you switch between weapons during battles?

yoman15

19 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

isn't it always switching to primary when exiting full melee mode rn? At least it is in my testing

I was under the same impression until it started to switching to the secondary instead primary whatever my choice, then go back to primary, this is why I'm sure it's a bug, there is no pattern at all

41分钟前 , (PSN)Madurai-Prime 说:

It's really not that complicated. You're overthinking it.

IMO the word "complicated" is based on comparison

Like for literally any other fps games, their weapon changing systems can be completely described with a few words, like "scroll wheels scroll through weapons" and "one button for one weapon", it's that "simple"

But for warframe system I really can't describe it as a whole with a few words, like for quick melee it suddenly needs you to right click to change to your original weapon, while full on melee (originally) needs to hold the equip button to do the same thing, I don't see how "simple" is that, it's just not intuitive and not refined, not to mentioned that this is just part of the system, not yet describing the whole system.

2 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

IMO the word "complicated" is based on comparison

Like for literally any other fps games, their weapon changing systems can be completely described with a few words, like "scroll wheels scroll through weapons" and "one button for one weapon", it's that "simple"

But for warframe system I really can't describe it as a whole with a few words, like for quick melee it suddenly needs you to right click to change to your original weapon, while full on melee (originally) needs to hold the equip button to do the same thing, I don't see how "simple" is that, it's just not intuitive and not refined, not to mentioned that this is just part of the system, not yet describing the whole system.

All I do is hit triangle or R2 to switch. Maybe take a look at your settings in the menu or try a controller?

7分钟前 , (PSN)Madurai-Prime 说:

All I do is hit triangle or R2 to switch. Maybe take a look at your settings in the menu or try a controller?

I'm playing in PC, but do you mean you can just cycle all 3 weapons in either direction by hitting triangle/r2?

1分钟前 , (PSN)Madurai-Prime 说:

Triangle to switch between my primary and secondary. R2 to go to melee. You can switch weapons during parkour as well.

Then it's probably exactly the same as the PC system, don't you find it hard to smoothly change from melee to your desired guns?

To answer the OP: I switch between primary/melee quite often but I don't generally switch between primary/secondary during combat. I pick one or the other gun depending on what I'm fighting or feeling at the time. Technically my primary and secondary are set up for different enemies (Viral/Slash for general use and vs Corrosive/Heat to soften armored targets), but there's never really a reason to bother choosing one over the other because the point at which armor becomes an issue is so far beyond a normal play session that I never encounter it.

1 hour ago, yoman15 said:

Anyway this system is clearly overcomplicated with so many unintuitive button pressing things going on and patterns to memorize, definitely can be improved.

I wouldn't say it's overcomplicated (or even complicated at all), more that it's unnecessary. Both of my guns faceroll any of the pathetic enemies the game can throw at me, so why switch? The game doesn't require any complications to succeed.

vor 55 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

It's really not that complicated. You're overthinking it.

You are wrong. The whole weapon-switching system in Warframe is a complete unintuitive and unpredictable mess.

Example:
1: You have a codex-scanner/mining-drill/fishing-spear equipped
2: Then you use quick-melee to open a crate -> now you have your melee weapon equipped
3: Enemies approach and you want to switch to your primary or secondary gun -> Good luck with hitting the right keys in the right order ...

Sometimes the game refuses to switch from melee to any other weapon at all and i have to spend several seconds to figure out why - while constantly dodging enemy attacks. No fun at all.

Warframe urgently needs dedicated keybinds for melee, primary and secondary weapons - like any other shooter game has.

15分钟前 , PublikDomain 说:

To answer the OP: I switch between primary/melee quite often but I don't generally switch between primary/secondary during combat. I pick one or the other gun depending on what I'm fighting or feeling at the time. Technically my primary and secondary are set up for different enemies (Viral/Slash for general use and vs Corrosive/Heat to soften armored targets), but there's never really a reason to bother choosing one over the other because the point at which armor becomes an issue is so far beyond a normal play session that I never encounter it.

I wouldn't say it's overcomplicated (or even complicated at all), more that it's unnecessary. Both of my guns faceroll any of the pathetic enemies the game can throw at me, so why switch? The game doesn't require any complications to succeed.

I mean yeah as I said I too can't find a reason to switch between weapons during battles, but as the system is designed to be used, IMO it should be more user friendly like any other pc fps games does.

Using it or not is a personal preference, but whether it's user friendly or not is a problem.

2 minutes ago, uniworx said:

You are wrong. The whole weapon-switching system in Warframe is a complete unintuitive and unpredictable mess.

Example:
2: Then you use quick-melee to open a crate -> now you have your melee weapon equipped
3: Enemies approach and you want to switch to your primary or secondary gun -> Good luck with hitting the right keys in the right order ...

Sometimes the game refuses to switch from melee to any other weapon at all and i have to spend several seconds to figure out why - while constantly dodging enemy attacks. No fun at all.

Warframe urgently needs dedicated keybinds for melee, primary and secondary weapons - like any other shooter game has.

I do it all the time, there's no good luck....it's just pressing a couple buttons. It's good luck if you're new to the game and haven't learned how it works, sure. 

3 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

I mean yeah as I said I too can't find a reason to switch between weapons during battles, but as the system is designed to be used, IMO it should be more user friendly like any other pc fps games does.

Using it or not is a personal preference, but whether it's user friendly or not is a problem.

I don't really find it to be all that user-unfriendly: I have my scroll wheel for weapon switch and a button to melee, just like in any other shooter, and I can hold a button to keep my melee out indefinitely. What's different that needs changing (that can't already be changed with rebinding your controls)?

Gerade eben schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

I do it all the time, there's no good luck....it's just pressing a couple buttons. It's good luck if you're new to the game and haven't learned how it works, sure. 

OK, >1300 in-game hours don't seem to be sufficient to comprehend this amazing system. Please explain which keys i have to press to switch consistantly to my primary or secondary weapon in the described scenario - and why i have to press "a couple buttons" when every other game can do this simple task with only ONE button ...

54 minutes ago, uniworx said:

OK, >1300 in-game hours don't seem to be sufficient to comprehend this amazing system. Please explain which keys i have to press to switch consistantly to my primary or secondary weapon in the described scenario - and why i have to press "a couple buttons" when every other game can do this simple task with only ONE button ...

Explain?

Sure.

That's the way it has been designed and implemented.

Do you think DE is going to come in here and give you a Book Report on the meeting notes from all of the design sessions as if you are a code auditor or something?

You and others don't like it. OK.

You want DE to change it. OK.

Go to the Suggestions area and make a Suggestion.

Trying to paint this as some huge flaw just because it 'does not work like one player expects it to' is just silly.

I have to think this is truly one of the wildest non-issues I have seen being painted as some fundamental flaw.

1 hour ago, uniworx said:

It is one button....you just press it twice.....on the lower right where the name of the weapon appears.....you can watch it switch names while you press triangle or whatever your input is. 

Kuva Bramma > Akvasto prime > kuva Bramma > akvasto prime etc. There will be like a 1.5 second animation while the weapon is brought out and that's it. 

And every other game isn't one button....some make you choose your weapons with a gear wheel similar to our gear wheel....which takes way more time. But nice try claiming literally every single game on the planet has some system better than warframe. 

8 hours ago, yoman15 said:

Even then I mostly run missions with either full melee or full primary, as switching back to primary is still an absolute pain

How can it be a pain? You just shoot. There, you switched to your primary.

I feel like going into detail about anything else is pointless since everything you said seems to be based on a series of strange misconceptions.

18 hours ago, uniworx said:

Example:

I agree, except this thread is about switching between primary and secondary. It is literally 1 button. For weapons it cannot get any easier than that.

Archived