Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nemes "Deluxe" Skin For Sentinels (Mainly Taxon)?

(PSN)platinumceiling

(By Deluxe skin I mean the skins for Sentinels that completely change the shape and look, for example Para Carrier, Sprite Shade, Gazal Djin, etc.)

For those of you that don't know, the Carabus is a Grineer Sentinel-like enemy that can be deployed by some enemies. What's awesome is that we can have our very own Carabus in a way through Dethcube's "deluxe" skin, which makes it look like a Carabus.

Well the Corpus have their version as well called the Nemes:
[https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/9/95/Nemes.png/revision/latest?cb=20160128232812](https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/9/95/Nemes.png/revision/latest?cb=20160128232812)

I think that it'd be awesome if the Nemes was a deluxe skin for another Sentinel. The ones missing them are Helios, Oxylus, Taxon, and Wyrm. Out of these 4 I think that it should go to Taxon personally as it just feels right. Something about the shape and look just kinda goes well with Taxon. Sure you could say Helios because it's a Corpus themed Sentinel, but Dethcube has the Carabus (Grineer Sentinel) skin and it's not a Grineer design.

On 2021-04-02 at 7:58 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nemes aren't even Corpus though. The only enemy I've ever seen deploy Nemes is one of the Acolytes.

Nemes are deployed by Datalysts, Corpus enemies from Operation: Shadow Debt. Datalysts were in the game before Malice, the Acolyte that also summons them (albeit by a few days). Ved Xol, an Index broker, also deploys them.

However, the model is used for other things like the Locust Drone and the Fusor Drone, which are also associated with the Corpus. The Locust Drone is from Update 15, so it predates the Acolytes by over a year. The Fusor Drone is mostly seen on newer Corpus tilesets like the Orb Vallis and the new Gas City.

But, the Nemes/Locust Drone model was used for The Profit trailer, where it projected holograms of Corpus Board members. This video was released almost a year before the Locust Drone made it into the game. So, this small robot model has been associated with the Corpus since 2014.

That is, of course, in addition to the fact that the logo of Luxor, a Corpus merchant guild, is slapped across the front. So there has never been any doubt that the Nemes is Corpus.

On 2021-04-02 at 8:55 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Maybe? But then that begs the question of why one of the Acolytes uses them too?

As for this question, the only real answer is probably just the recycling of assets, as @LupoDWolf says. It happens throughout the entire game, especially with Archwing enemies (like the Locust Drones).

On 2021-04-02 at 7:12 AM, (PSN)platinumceiling said:

I think that it'd be awesome if the Nemes was a deluxe skin for another Sentinel. The ones missing them are Helios, Oxylus, Taxon, and Wyrm. Out of these 4 I think that it should go to Taxon personally as it just feels right. Something about the shape and look just kinda goes well with Taxon. Sure you could say Helios because it's a Corpus themed Sentinel, but Dethcube has the Carabus (Grineer Sentinel) skin and it's not a Grineer design.

As for the original question, I highly agree with the request and the logic. Helios, by the way, has the Simaris skin (not a "deluxe" skin, I know) as well as a Prime variant (which can be considered a skin). I agree with Taxon but I can also suggest Oxylus, which does not have any skins and is also associated with the Corpus.

On 2021-04-02 at 5:55 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Maybe? But then that begs the question of why one of the Acolytes uses them too?

why does nautilus, a railjack sentinel come equipped with (a partially renamed) glaxion, a corpus beam?

why do orb valis corpus use fluctus, a tenno archgun?

En 2/4/2021 a las 11:55, (XBOX)Rez090 dijo:

Remember that Malice is heavily modified with Corpus tech and Grineer scraps, he could just stole some Nemes and replicate them.

hace 1 hora, Proscriptor dijo:

why does nautilus, a railjack sentinel come equipped with (a partially renamed) glaxion, a corpus beam?

why do orb valis corpus use fluctus, a tenno archgun?

It isn't named Glaxion = it isn't the Glaxion : /

The Fluctus is another story, it is even tenno? I mean, it has a Grineer skin

it actually almost named glaxion because verglas is, just like glaçon (~glaxion; meaning ice cube; glace is ice) a french ice-related word (glas/glace in there too). 

edit: fluctus is tenno, it clearly looks tenno with the tenno-style ornamentation on the generic skin, and blueprint being bought in the tenno lab

hace 10 horas, (PSN)GrandisSupernus dijo:

The Fluctus is absolutely Tenno tech. Not only are the sides ornate rather than utilitarian, but the blueprint is only available from the Tenno Lab.

Just asking, the majority of Tenno weapons use bullets to deal damage while the Corpus weapons are energy based but now that you mentioned these details on both sides I think its in fact a Tenno weapon.

23 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Nemes are deployed by Datalysts, Corpus enemies from Operation: Shadow Debt. Datalysts were in the game before Malice, the Acolyte that also summons them (albeit by a few days). Ved Xol, an Index broker, also deploys them.

However, the model is used for other things like the Locust Drone and the Fusor Drone, which are also associated with the Corpus. The Locust Drone is from Update 15, so it predates the Acolytes by over a year. The Fusor Drone is mostly seen on newer Corpus tilesets like the Orb Vallis and the new Gas City.

But, the Nemes/Locust Drone model was used for The Profit trailer, where it projected holograms of Corpus Board members. This video was released almost a year before the Locust Drone made it into the game. So, this small robot model has been associated with the Corpus since 2014.

That is, of course, in addition to the fact that the logo of Luxor, a Corpus merchant guild, is slapped across the front. So there has never been any doubt that the Nemes is Corpus.

As for this question, the only real answer is probably just the recycling of assets, as @LupoDWolf says. It happens throughout the entire game, especially with Archwing enemies (like the Locust Drones).

As for the original question, I highly agree with the request and the logic. Helios, by the way, has the Simaris skin (not a "deluxe" skin, I know) as well as a Prime variant (which can be considered a skin). I agree with Taxon but I can also suggest Oxylus, which does not have any skins and is also associated with the Corpus.

I suggested Taxon more because I know Helios has that Simaris skin. It's more of a premium skin because of those holo projections and symbols. And while I love Oxylus, Taxon again just feels better with it IMO.

Archived