Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fair Play System

MuzHzuM

Question

Hello Community, I am a Returning Player, love solo.

I have a problem to be explained by anyone who knows and sorry if this problem was ever posted, I don't know.

I missed a lot of unread updates especially about system games, there was no time for that because I was busy. Recently this week I ran a solo mission of Bounty and Defense, among my favorite missions. Just what I noticed compared to before, in previous years if I did a lot of missions in a day, I wouldn’t die.

But recently this year, I ran Bounty and Defense missions easily at levels 30-40, I know some enemies have levels over 40, but that's easy for me to manage in Bounty. I never died.

The problem occurs when I repeat the Bounty mission at the same enemy level.

I die when it feels hard to kill and like the system doesn’t allow me to repeat the Bounty mission more than five times. And I once died because an enemy spawn too many, or while helping Greener in Cambion Drift, surprising the percentage he kills in no more than a few seconds more than me that makes me too fail. Somehow, there is a feeling that can make me feel angry, and makes me wonder if the game system has been changed so that we can’t do missions many times ?.

What was my situation during the Defense mission?

In one day while doing Defense on Pluto, by killing infestation, I killed Stalker (always with meele) and that day my loot was smoke ephemera as well as War. (A few times killing Stalker yesterday before that was easy). But on the same day, Stalker CAME A SECOND TIME ON THE SAME DAY on the same mission and when almost a little more health bar he was lacking, he killed me. As if the system wouldn't let me kill him.

In fact, his health bar was not reduced, while according to the logic of the weapon I used, it would kill him. Like always I beat him.

Does this count as Fair Play?

Please explain.

5 answers to this question

... Personally, I wouldn't know... But if things are being dynamically adjusted to our skill level, or success level if you prefer looking at it that way, then I'm loving it already...

... hmm, I wonder if that's actually working like that in Steel Path... xD

Open world bounties tend to feel more difficult because there's nothing to cap enemy spawns, so you never really stop fighting, especially in the Cambion Drift.  Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis have those reinforcement drones/beacons which you can destroy to stop more mob spawns, but the Drift doesn't have this mechanic.  But as was said previously, it's more just that you feel that way, there isn't a mechanic causing it to become progressively more difficult.  Though, in my experience the Cambion Drift spawns way more enemies than the other open worlds.
Remember to check your codex or the wiki for enemy weaknesses, modding your weapons for this is always a great help.

3 hours ago, MuzHzuM said:

But on the same day, Stalker CAME A SECOND TIME ON THE SAME DAY on the same mission

This sounds like a bug.  He's not supposed to spawn twice in the same mission as far as I know.

As for the trouble you had killing him, that could be down to what weapon you used, how it was modded and which abilities he was able to trigger.  Sometimes he'll just run after you trying to melee and his War does a lot of damage, other times he'll fire off exalted blade just after the Mirage-like lazer beam which can melt you pretty quick.
Remember that he also has adaptive resistance, attacks with the same weapon will deal less damage each time.
I'm MR30 and have a serious amount of playtime, but he still manages to wreck me every so often.

Just my personal impression, warframe doesn't seem smart enough to have adaptive difficulty. Nor some advance scripting that decides players must lose at some point.

For your bounty problem, i ran into similar problem back when i was lower rank. Short answer is: if you're not absolutely murdering everything in one hit, you probably shouldn't be farming that mission. Do something else until you're stronger, then go back to farm there. You shouldn't even be trying, when farming. Anything below that, you'll probably fail and waste your time every couple of tries. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but that's what happened to me.

As for stalker. He does have a couple of invulnerability moves that often came out at the most inconvenient time for us. He also have that sentient-like adaptive resistance. I probably two-hit my stalker, but sometimes he'll still kill me when i got caught off guard, or while using my looter build frames. Nothing to worry there, sometimes he cheese a win, just carry on.

Archived