Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Erato - how do you solo this "no Warframe" railjack - Warframe mission? 

MrZ0ft

Question

I use about 15 to 20 min to get to the primary objective and then I fail in less than 3 min.

I have tryed this build- failed by around 5-10 sec. on a perfect run or else Voidrig dies and there is no time left to get him back.(45 sec)
Buid.
Voidrig -> Vitality - Steel fiber - Refuel- Stretch -Continuity- Redirection-Slipstream - Flow - Trusters - Efficiency - Intensify.-  I do not have the Repair mod.
Mausolon -> Electrified barrel - Venomous clip - Hollowed bullets - Parallax scope - Contamination casing- Charged bullets- Dual rounds- Primed Rubedo Lined Barrel.

Btw i really hate timed (objectives) - So i hope this is not a new Warframe trix to try making things difficult(annoying) like stagger and knockdown. 

14 answers to this question

Personally I use Bonewidow + Inaros with Protea's dispensary + Vizir predasite + Zenurik operator.

I've used a similar build to this one for Bonewidow, but the general advice in that thread was very helpful at that time:

Since the event I kept my build and I honestly like more Bonewidow than Voidrig, even if the later has more DPS. That way I've soloed every Orphix mission without effort.

Your build is ok. Repair can be very useful, but it's not the only way to heal. You can use Combat Discipline aura. Every kill will deal damage to your WF and heal your allies. This includes the necramech. Even if you are controlling the necramech this works.

Second. The vizier predasite is a good pet. It comes with the Iatric Mycelium that leaves a healing cloud ever so often.

Combine with Khora, set Venari to heal and Venari and the Predasite will keep eachother alive while healing you as well. I don't think Venari's heal will heal your mech though. Not sure.

My Mausolon has, primed rubedo lined barrel, charged bullets+contaminated casing+venomous clip to make corrosive, combustion rounds for extra heat, paralax scope and hollowed bullets for crit and automatic trigger for the brrrrrt. Works really well vs almost anything.

Make sure to charge the mausolon on enemies. So you can use the big blast on the orphix. Vs higher level use Arquebex. 

You only need to kill three orphix's to complete the mission as far as I know.

With voidrig it's more about your arquebex than your normal archgun.  Rage and Repair do help a lot, but aren't strictly necessary, it'll be more about energy management and keeping your 2 up.  Frames like protea and hildryn are good at keeping you fixed up between waves (and probably Lavos, but he was introduced with the original operation, so I haven't tested him specifically), especially in longer runs, and one of the kubrows can dig up energy/health as well, really anything that can create health and/or energy orbs.  Keep in mind, arq does have some drop in its flight, you'll probably have to aim above and it can be really hard to see the crosshair, but when you're landing shots it should only take a couple hits.

But if you're struggling with the first wave, you wanna get there asap, pop the first resonator, then pop the orphix in the eye (arq will do it quick.)  Second wave of resonators, fluctus helps a lot but before that started getting meta, I was getting most of them in operator mode, though some of them will spawn in weird locations that will likely be really hard to track down.  There are only certain tiles the orphix spawns on, you'll start to figure out where to position your mech on those tiles, but in general, you want to balance being above/square to the eye with being fairly close the best you can.  You can mostly ignore any normal enemies in that time, focus fire on the resonators and orphix, and everything will despawn once you kill it anyway.  It feels like these orphixes spawn quicker than they did in the operation, so moving between them quickly will be even more important, I use operator as much as I can.

6 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Your build is ok. Repair can be very useful, but it's not the only way to heal. You can use Combat Discipline aura. Every kill will deal damage to your WF and heal your allies. This includes the necramech. Even if you are controlling the necramech this works.

This doesn't work anymore, was patched a few updates ago.

I could solo a good OV rotation to the very end with Bonewidow and no auras or pets that affect it. Always have an enemy in the meathook, smash resonators through walls with with the fluctus, then pull out the big sword and get close to slash and kill the Orphix and any non-sentient stragglers you feel like smashing. Put that sword away between Orphix so you don't drain your energy. You can aim glide and keep enough lift to take just about all of the Orphix out in one pass, maybe 2 at the later stages. I think the above builds will get you into it, it just takes practice. 

Thanks alot for your response! 

I give up for now. I have tried most of your tips and wasted a lot of forma 😀
And this mission is nothing like the normal Ophix mission's where the Sentient control % went all the way back to zero after every Ophix kill.

I Think I need a long break from this Game.

They increased the spawn rate for orphixes drastically. the % goes down just as much as before, but you'll get stuck with multiple orphixes at the same time if you don't kill them fast enough, which will happen if you solo. But it shouldn't kill your mech for the first three, which is all you need to complete the mission.

This is one of the stupid missions in the game. even If i ask the pugs if anyone is not sure how to do this before starting this phase of the mission.

90% of the time, no one speak up. then fail the mission, wasting you 10-20 mins doing the first phase. 

It is not rewarding, and it is one of those missions you only need to clear it to advance the star chart and you never touch it again.

3 hours ago, Lexamer said:

This is one of the stupid missions in the game. even If i ask the pugs if anyone is not sure how to do this before starting this phase of the mission.

90% of the time, no one speak up. then fail the mission, wasting you 10-20 mins doing the first phase. 

It is not rewarding, and it is one of those missions you only need to clear it to advance the star chart and you never touch it again.

You should be able to solo this. If you lose because of your team, then you would have lost solo as well. Meaning you're complaining about pubs, but you also weren't able to do it.

I've managed to solo this mission myself with a Voidrig and a modded Arquebex, if you're not modifying your weapons you won't be dealing any damage to the Orphix as they're extremely durable as time goes on. 

Use his 4 ability and you melt absolutely everything with no effort, even without decent mods. 

In general it sucks for a node to have a mechanic where you can't use your warframe and not have it explained beforehand, sure, but everything in the game needs some level of preparation, Railjack especially so as the missions can exceed the difficulty you'd see on Sedna.

3 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Is this mission somehow not easier in solo mode? All missions run solo have reduced requirements that are increased as the squad number increases.

Actually probably easier in coop as you get to oneshot the Resonators if you're not the host as they only scale in health for the host. I don't think there's any difference between solo and coop. So more people kill everything faster. Possibly more enemy spawns, no biggie. You can have 1 - 2 people on Resonator Duty and 2 on enemy duty and then burst down the Orphix when you get rid of the Resonators. In coop you can do this much faster than in solo.

Just worry about getting the three you need to pass and roll out. 

Once I saw how fast they spawn.  I decided it wasn't worth it to try to do the mission like in the event.

My tactic.

First orphix do like normal. If you aren't very fast one will spawn while you are doing it. just wait for a few more seconds.  It will spawn again in the same place. do it again.  then again. You should get three before control reaches 100%.

fluctus can help popping resonators through walls to get to the damage orphix phase faster. 

4 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Is this mission somehow not easier in solo mode? All missions run solo have reduced requirements that are increased as the squad number increases.

It's not the difficulty per say as it is the speed of the spawns. Whoever, changed that really doesn't want players of lower to mid levels to finish the mission as someone who had lots of experience with OV.  I found myself quickly overwhelmed with the pace of the orphix mode in railjack. 

Archived