Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love Gauss.

_4shes

Opinion

Title says it all. I don't care that you have to manage his redline because that's not a fault of the warframe it's just how he's designed. I personally hate immortality frames with a press and forget style of play. This game to me is already bare bones basic so going below and deeper into the realm of simplicity isn't my cup of tea. Gauss makes you pay attention and more immersed in the gameplay while having good crowd control, damage and speed that feel satisfying to use. His redline has never been an issue for me and I've never had a problem maintaining it because of how easily his 2 generates energy and how much his 3 fills the gauge. Honestly speaking I feel like he's a little underrated.  And even though he has his drawbacks, they're a good reminder to me that other warframes exist. 

My general issue with a lot of Frames come with the consideration of... "Am I screwed if there are a bunch of leech eximuses draining me through walls and floors?" Usually, Frames that have to use a lot of abilities will crumble to this type of situation. And I don't have Arcane Energize still, lol.

Gauss seems like a Frame that crumbles to such a scenario. No energy = no survival.

34 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

My general issue with a lot of Frames come with the consideration of... "Am I screwed if there are a bunch of leech eximuses draining me through walls and floors?" Usually, Frames that have to use a lot of abilities will crumble to this type of situation. And I don't have Arcane Energize still, lol.

Gauss seems like a Frame that crumbles to such a scenario. No energy = no survival.

I have like idk 40+ arcane energize and never felt need to use them on any frame

I've found Gauss is amazing at dealing with Corpus Railjack. Those obnoxious fire and ice moas that deal like 50 procs a second to every other Frame can't scratch him, giving me the chance I need to eat through their freaking ridiculous 95% damage resistance

Pffft, none of you are praising his most important value! That's right, movement speed! 
Gauss is fast, BUT he could be faster. I'm here today vouching for an increase to his overall [ Mach rush ] speed through the implementation of an Augment or a change to the Base ability of [ Mach Rush ].

Besides my minor Protest I think he's neat.

4 hours ago, _4shes said:

Honestly speaking I feel like he's a little underrated.

That might have something to do with How difficult he is to Obtain....

4 hours ago, 4thBro said:

That's sort of How Gauss Works... But there's a 30 Second Interval where not having Energy won't Kill him.... So as long as you kill those Problem Enemies while Red Line's Effeciency is Capped then he can survive just Fine....

Gauss's literally had one problem and one problem only.... He's Super Finicky... Very Good... But Finicky to manage....

3 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I have like idk 40+ arcane energize and never felt need to use them on any frame

I have Energize on Trinity.... Just Because 😎 !!!

2 hours ago, Raqiya said:

Pffft, none of you are praising his most important value! That's right, movement speed! 

I guess it's his Most Beloved Attribute but how is it The Most Important ?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb 4thBro:

with many that is the case. mesa without def skill hits the ground quickly. and for 4th skill you constantly need energy.
if you don't have Arcane Energize, you also have other options. i played necros for ages and after years i switched to prime. he has a good tank and is super easy to play in the public.
i find it very strange that this arcane is hard to come by. most of the time you are mobile and need a lot of kills to activate def skill. and something like gauss must be able to spam skills. only then does he use full potential.

Gauss is very popular...and loved among all tenno.

If you read the comments under his wiki, some person there wanted to replace Excalibur for gauss as a starter frame.

I think he has one of the best buffing ability in the game for just how versatile it is.

It doesn't just buff the speed of all of your attacks, It amplifies the rest of your abilities.

I just can't wait to see what kind of augment his redline will have (hope it's not something like eternal war) 

I enjoyed playing with Gauss when I was ranking him up, but I haven't touched him much since. 

I like his design on paper, and his theme is cool, and there isn't anything inherently wrong with it. However, if I could put a finger on why I rarely use him despite mostly enjoying him when ranking up, it's that he requires a little too much micromanaging for me. Just not the frame for me. I'm glad others enjoy him though. 

Honestly, Gauss is my perfect Warframe. Since he came out, I have rarely used any other frames on my main loadout, since he just fits my tastes so perfectly.

Good base mobility and defence, powers that boost both, some radial CC and a 4th power that is essentially a Super Mode (complete with physical transformation)? Yeah, it's like this frame was made specifically for me.

I like Gauss a lot, but I feel suffocated in most content with him.  Gauss is like an energetic dog trapped in a tiny yard; he needs more room to run around and play!  And all of my favorite content happens in narrow spaces.

On 2021-04-04 at 1:25 PM, 4thBro said:

No energy = no survival.

To be fair, can't the same can be said for most Warframes who aren't Inaros or Hildryn?  I wonder if I'm missing your point, though.

I use him for stupid nightwave challenges like "Complete 3 captures" or something, I comleted a 1700 meter capture in 1:04 minutes, he's my go to for speedrunning most missions that I don't want to take the time to do, plus he's a element nuker so he can kick some serious a**

FYI I'd keep quiet about how much we love Gauss, DE might nerf the hell out of him, I've seen ppl moaning about his thermal sunder recently too so ye

On 2021-04-04 at 4:25 PM, 4thBro said:

Eh, tbh not really, primed flow barely half ranked and just energy siphon and leeches are rarely issues if you have efficiency also, so he rarely ever runs out of energy and if he does I still think he's sorta shield tanks a good bit of stuff

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

To be fair, can't the same can be said for most Warframes who aren't Inaros or Hildryn?  I wonder if I'm missing your point, though.

Exactly... energy is rarely a problem anyways with primed flow, efficiency, energy siphon, and the fact that you can kill off some enemies for a chance to drop some

Archived