Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

There is no reason to put Oberon and Ash in Railjack

It is incredibly unreasonable and petty to clog up an already niche game mode with rewards from the main game content. All you're doing is spiting at new players who now have less options in getting a decent crutch frame. And wasting old players time by getting a fodder part that they've already accumulated over a thousand time, when they could have gotten new items that actually related to the game mode itself. IE archwing mods, weapon parts, etc.

• Like 24

Agreed. They should put Ash and Oberon back where they used to be and put the brand new Warframe parts in Railjack.

• Like 11

New frames would be acceptable, but Ash and Oberon doesnt make much sense.

If they made the Ash parts drops from Maniacs be greater and/or make them spawn more, it would be neat, specially the later, I rarely see Maniacs anymore.

Oberon... tbh, Eximuses dropping him never made sense to me, but it has been that way for such a long time I got used to it.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

They shouldn't put any frames in Railjack. Not old and not new either.

OK, I compromise. They should put Oberon in Ventkids' Logical rank.

I'm kidding of course... Oberon and Ash should be as they always were. But what's wrong with farming Railjack? It was easy enough to farm for Carmine Penta and Nautilus. What's wrong with having more new weapons/frames end up in Railjack? Certainly beats what they did to Grendel.

I think we all hate putting them behind Railjack Defense.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

New frames would be acceptable, but Ash and Oberon doesnt make much sense.

If they made the Ash parts drops from Maniacs be greater and/or make them spawn more, it would be neat, specially the later, I rarely see Maniacs anymore.

Oberon... tbh, Eximuses dropping him never made sense to me, but it has been that way for such a long time I got used to it.

New frames only for  the few players that already have everything. But you know, they're just doing this to force you to play railjack. And I dislike that tactic. So no, new frames are also not acceptable.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

I'm kidding of course... Oberon and Ash should be as they always were. But what's wrong with farming Railjack? It was easy enough to farm for Carmine Penta and Nautilus. What's wrong with having more new weapons/frames end up in Railjack? Certainly beats what they did to Grendel.

They added it to rotation C (20 minutes) of defense at a 10% drop chance. That's just a grindfest. No one likes that. No one. 

To be fair, getting Ash through defection was probably more annoying. At least it was for me.

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 8

If Ash still dropped from Manics and Railjack that would be fine, Oberon was moved for no reason, what's wrong with keeping him as an eximus drop.

11 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

They should put one(Sevagoth) or more in Railjack, besides you disliking railjack what's the argument against it?

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If Ash still dropped from Manics and Railjack that would be fine, Oberon was moved for no reason, what's wrong with keeping him as an eximus drop.

They should put one(Sevagoth) or more in Railjack, besides you disliking railjack what's the argument against it?

Assumptions assumptions. I don't dislike Railjack. I just feel that putting frames in this game mode is a poor choice because it's a very impopular mode and just dragging in players that are just there for the frames is a bad idea. Imagine moving Khora or Wisp to Conclave.

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, nslay said:

The reason people go to the content island is because they bring new stuff to the table. RJ corpus update instead stole content that's already in the main game and placed it in the new content island to bait people into playing it. It just comes of as incredibly petty making a non problem into a new problem. I got nothing against railjack and was for it since space combat is fun. But they barely addressed the issues people have with railjack, lack of original content and bugs. Old railjack atleast had affinity farms going for it, and now FunGian Point is gone.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Assumptions assumptions. I don't dislike Railjack. I just feel that putting frames in this game mode is a poor choice because it's a very impopular mode and just dragging in players that are just there for the frames is a bad idea. Imagine moving Khora or Wisp to Conclave.

Don't give DE ideas.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)

Instead of putting oberon and ash into railjack. They should instead put Orphix Venom necramods into defense missions since those are actually not acquirable right now aside tradechat. Atleast mech fans have something to complain grind for.

Heck put more necramech stuff into railjack. Since we're 50/50 when it comes to necramechs.

Edited by (NSW)Dangruff
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Instead of putting oberon and ash into railjack. They should instead put Orphix Venom necramods into defense missions since those are actually no acquirable right now aside tradechat. Atleast mech fans have something to complain grind for.

Why not put them in the orphix mission?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Why not put them in the orphix mission?

even more people hated orphix venom. Atleasst keeping it necramech only stuff in there satiates the hated everyone has for it.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

even more people hated orphix venom. Atleasst keeping it necramech only stuff in there satiates the hated everyone has for it.

Rather have Orphix than Volatile.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

The reason people go to the content island is because they bring new stuff to the table. RJ corpus update instead stole content that's already in the main game and placed it in the new content island to bait people into playing it. It just comes of as incredibly petty making a non problem into a new problem. I got nothing against railjack and was for it since space combat is fun. But they barely addressed the issues people have with railjack, lack of original content and bugs. Old railjack atleast had affinity farms going for it, and now FunGian Point is gone.

Yeah, OK... I essentially said that Ash and Oberon should return as they were. I also said that none of us like Railjack Defense.

On top of that, I asked what was wrong with adding brand new Warframes and weapons to Railjack? Since Nautilus and Carmine Penta were pretty tame to get...

So what exactly are you trying to tell me? As far as I can tell, Kalabesh is the new Gian Point... and IMO, it's better (a lot more fun).

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yeah, OK... I essentially said that Ash and Oberon should return as they were. I also said that none of us like Railjack Defense.

On top of that, I asked what was wrong with adding brand new Warframes and weapons to Railjack? Since Nautilus and Carmine Penta were pretty tame to get...

So what exactly are you trying to tell me? As far as I can tell, Kalabesh is the new Gian Point... and IMO, it's better (a lot more fun).

Nothing. The problem is DE is bad with time management and decision making. They forced us a game mode with little new content and moved existing stuff in it as permanent placeholder. Leaves a sour taste in mouth doesn't it?

But yeah, who TF asked for regular defense mission in a game mode that's supposed to be a spaceship game mode. People, actually want to do stuff IN the ship. Not OUT the ship. Because we already have the main game for that.

Want to entice people into railjack. Turn it into Gundam Mode

Edited by (NSW)Dangruff
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

New frames only for  the few players that already have everything. But you know, they're just doing this to force you to play railjack. And I dislike that tactic. So no, new frames are also not acceptable.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Forced". Just like how I was forced to play Spy to get Ivara. How I was forced to play Bosses to get parts, how I was forced to play Arbitrations to get Grndel, how I was force to join a clan to get Volt, Nezha, Wukong, Zephyr and Banshee, how I was force to play the whole starchart to get Saryn. How I was forced to do Quests to get the frames they had...

I have my own set of issues on those frames being in Railjack, which I mentioned above, but I will not agree on this... "forced" thing.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Forced". Just like how I was forced to play Spy to get Ivara. How I was forced to play Bosses to get parts, how I was forced to play Arbitrations to get Grndel, how I was force to join a clan to get Volt, Nezha, Wukong, Zephyr and Banshee, how I was force to play the whole starchart to get Saryn. How I was forced to do Quests to get the frames they had...

I have my own set of issues on those frames being in Railjack, which I mentioned above, but I will not agree on this... "forced" thing.

Ah it's not forced because they're doing it everywhere gotcha. Guess the fact that my point was about this being separate game mode from the rest of the game went right over your head. 

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 2
Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Ah it's not forced because they're doing it everywhere gotcha.

Yeah. Being forced go play this game and its modes must be the most horrible thing ever to some people.

• Like 7
43 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Guess the fact that my point was about this being separate game mode from the rest of the game went right over your head. 

Grabbing the edit.

No it didnt. I just dont agree with it.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

This !!!!

Since the content isn't designed for Warframe's they really shouldn't be given out as a reward there.... 

3 hours ago, nslay said:

That's much better 😁 !!!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

This !!!!

Since the content isn't designed for Warframe's they really shouldn't be given out as a reward there.... 

That's much better 😁 !!!

They meant that as a joke. A quip towards DE shoving old content into niche activities nobody likes

• Like 1

The only problem here is them putting Ash exclusively on C rotations as the missions already require the RJ objectives before starting the defense and IIRC all RJ "endless" missions are capped with how long you can spend in a single run. Oberon is less of an issue due to all the other things found within the optional objectives as well.

And really them being moved there, along with the new relics permanently found in RJ, is the result of players demanding less "island" content. Now instead of RJ comprising of just RJ content we get to have gear crossover between different aspects of the game.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, trst said:

The only problem here is them putting Ash exclusively on C rotations as the missions already require the RJ objectives before starting the defense and IIRC all RJ "endless" missions are capped with how long you can spend in a single run. Oberon is less of an issue due to all the other things found within the optional objectives as well.

And really them being moved there, along with the new relics permanently found in RJ, is the result of players demanding less "island" content. Now instead of RJ comprising of just RJ content we get to have gear crossover between different aspects of the game.

Not an acceptable defense towards a Bad Change. RJ is in the same state it was before the update. Since nobody want's to grind that awful defense map.

• Like 1