Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is no reason to put Oberon and Ash in Railjack

(NSW)Dangruff

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kaotyke:

New frames would be acceptable, but Ash and Oberon doesnt make much sense.

If they made the Ash parts drops from Maniacs be greater and/or make them spawn more, it would be neat, specially the later, I rarely see Maniacs anymore.

Oberon... tbh, Eximuses dropping him never made sense to me, but it has been that way for such a long time I got used to it.

I also find that extremely pointless. then you can also cheer on harrow chassis as a reward.
last update is similar to demos bountie. reward system is definitely not finished. and it will most likely be like it was back then with mods from mechs. people farm it for months, wasting their time with weird rewards and lousy drop opportunities. then relics etc. are activated. and then structure slowly comes in.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Not an acceptable defense towards a Bad Change. RJ is in the same state it was before the update. Since nobody want's to grind that awful defense map.

Didn't say it was just that this is pretty much what players have been asking for. And in the end the frames being moved wouldn't matter much if not for how many steps Ash is now behind.

Just now, trst said:

Didn't say it was just that this is pretty much what players have been asking for. And in the end the frames being moved wouldn't matter much if not for how many steps Ash is now behind.

A lousy excuse. There are better rewards that could have gone in the RJ defense mission that would have made people less angry. Like Orphix Venome Necramech mods. Which would atleast fit since OV is now part of the RJ game mode.

Or if you want to be creative just put the elusive amprex vandal parts into the drop table. Right now, DE is just disrespecting those who actually gave RJ a chance. 

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Or if you want to be creative just put the elusive amprex vandal parts into the drop table. Right now, DE is just disrespecting those who actually gave RJ a chance. 

Sorry what? Amprex vandal? Is this in the Chinese version or something? 

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sorry what? Amprex vandal? Is this in the Chinese version or something? 

If the carmine penta(a recolor) exist. Then DE has time to whip another weapon variant. At the very least, it would have been new content.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

If the carmine penta(a recolor) exist. Then DE has time to whip another weapon variant. At the very least, it would have been new content.

Yeh agreed I was actually asking where it exists currently as I've never heard of it. They did put Spectra Vandal into the rewards btw.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

But... the Carmine Pental already existed for a long time in the Chinese Build, they just put it to Global...

Your "elusive" Amprex Vandal doesnt even exist in any build, or does it?

Just now, Kaotyke said:

But... the Carmine Pental already existed for a long time in the Chinese Build, they just put it to Global...

Your "elusive" Amprex Vandal doesnt even exist in any build, or does it?

Perfect excuse to start shoving china exclusives into a grind. And it would still a better solution than moving existing content into a divisive game mode.

2 minutes ago, NeoRetro10K said:

I feel very similarly. I hope this gets more attention.

More of my own reasoning is here.

that and the reddit version is what got me to make this thread. I would have like to push that thread further up the forums for clearance...Assuming the devs actually listen to the feedback.

If railjack was more engaging i dont think it would have been so bad,

I always support spreading frame acquisition in different ways so you could gain them passively at times - i dont see what the point was to change the drops for oberon and Ash though , are they changing eximus and manic mechanics for which this is just a prep work? i doubt it.

But defense and orphix being behind railjack that is already longer than usual missions is rather annoying,

On 2021-04-04 at 5:29 PM, RazerXPrime said:

They added it to rotation C (20 minutes) of defense at a 10% drop chance. That's just a grindfest. No one likes that. No one. 

To be fair, getting Ash through defection was probably more annoying. At least it was for me.

Rotation C defense is not usually that bad with the right frames... you can do Rotation C in substantially less time (less than 10 minutes with Mesa) on many maps.

Corpus Ship Defense, however, is designed to waste your time. The map is essentially a 3D maze and the enemies can get stuck/lost on their way to the defense target... so you can't, for example use Mesa, to breeze through Rotation C like most other Defense maps. You have to literally waste 1-2 minutes per wave to wait for enemies to come to you and find the enemies that get stuck/lost. Maybe a speed Nova could help, but again, there are enemies that get stuck/lost on their way to the Defense objective because the map is already confusing for human players! It's just designed to take the most amount of time possible no matter what strategy/frame you use.

Non-Railjack Corpus Ship Defense also wastes a ton of your time by spawning the treasurer (and he usually spawns far away from the Defense target). And he counts in the wave. Like why do they even spawn him in the Defense mission?

Corpus Ship is one of the most attractive additions to the game for sure! Corpus Ship Defense is one of the most awful anti-player tile sets in the game for one of the worst/boring game modes... it is even worse than the Ice Dam Corpus Outpost tile set (the giant one that's like 1km x 1km).

19 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If railjack was more engaging i dont think it would have been so bad,

I always support spreading frame acquisition in different ways so you could gain them passively at times - i dont see what the point was to change the drops for oberon and Ash though , are they changing eximus and manic mechanics for which this is just a prep work? i doubt it.

But defense and orphix being behind railjack that is already longer than usual missions is rather annoying,

railjack is engaging. problem is some of the new missions revolve being outside the funship. Again Who TF asked for a regular defense mission in a game mode that uses the spaceship.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Rotation C defense is not usually that bad with the right frames... you can do Rotation C in substantially less time (less than 10 minutes with Mesa) on many maps.

Corpus Ship Defense, however, is designed to waste your time. The map is essentially a 3D maze and the enemies can get stuck/lost on their way to the defense target... so you can't, for example use Mesa, to breeze through Rotation C like most other Defense maps. You have to literally waste 1-2 minutes per wave to wait for enemies to come to you and find the enemies that get stuck/lost. Maybe a speed Nova could help, but again, there are enemies that get stuck/lost on their way to the Defense objective because the map is already confusing for human players! It's just designed to take the most amount of time possible no matter what strategy/frame you use.

Non-Railjack Corpus Ship Defense also wastes a ton of your time by spawning the treasurer (and he usually spawns far away from the Defense target). And he counts in the wave. Like why do they even spawn him in the Defense mission?

Corpus Ship is one of the most attractive additions to the game for sure! Corpus Ship Defense is one of the most awful anti-player tile sets in the game for one of the worst/boring game modes... it is even worse than the Ice Dam Corpus Outpost tile set (the giant one that's like 1km x 1km).

That map just plain sucks. Even with a nova, saryn and grendel. Just take it out and rework into a railjack defense similar to now dead archwing defense. But with necrakeks and ships.

On 2021-04-04 at 10:12 PM, (NSW)Dangruff said:

"There is no reason to put Oberon and Ash in Railjack"

... If you consider the regular Star Chart, there isn't... Because spawn rate of rare enemies stay as rare as they're meant to be... But after living in Steel Path for a while, I can assure you that rare enemies are quite common... Including Manics, those spawn like Butchers do... So~, those blueprints were never meant to be THAT common...

What does it mean to new players? Well, instead of getting Oberon and Ash before every other Warframe, now they get to build those two after all other Warframes...

What does it mean to veteran players then? A clean inventory... I must've sold over 500k Oberon Blueprints, of each type, until U29.10.0 haha

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... If you consider the regular Star Chart, there isn't... Because spawn rate of rare enemies stay as rare as they're meant to be... But after living in Steel Path for a while, I can assure you that rare enemies are quite common... Including Manics, those spawn like Butchers do... So~, those blueprints were never meant to be THAT common...

What does it mean to new players? Well, instead of getting Oberon and Ash before every other Warframe, now they get to build those two after all other Warframes...

What does it mean to veteran players then? A clean inventory... I must've sold over 500k Oberon Blueprints until U29.10.0 haha

A lame and terrible defense for a bad decisions. Also not everyone does steel patch. Pfftt 'Clean inventory', what a laugh. Inventory only matters if there's a limit in it, and there's no space limit in the misc inventory. You know what vets actually like? New rewards. Not old rewards in new gameplay. Why do you think everyone hates getting endo in sorties?

Being anti choice isn't a good look for anyone.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

A lame and terrible defense for a bad decisions.

... You must've misunderstood something... I am not defending...

But you need to understand something really important... Your opinion is different than everyone else. Some may agree with you, but only to a certain point. What you see as a bad decision for you, may actually be a good decision for many others.

Also not everyone does steel patch.

... Is "Steel Patch" food?

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I have just confirmed, like 10 minutes ago, that a MR1 player is able to clear an entire planet in Steel Path. So~ don't speak about other players as if you know what they can or cannot do. (... I taxi'd btw, but he did 99% of the work)

Clean inventory, what a laugh. Inventory only matters in there's a limit, and there's no space limit in the misc inventory.

Clean inventory, yes. If your inventory is full of s***, that's up to you. But I like to keep my inventory clean of anything I don't need anymore... Including suckity weapons that are obviously blown out of proportions by popularity.

... Just those millions of credits from the excess Oberon and Ash blueprints... haha

Being anti choice isn't a good look for anyone.

You seem to have misunderstood something along the way, but I simply blame that on you becoming shortsighted as a consequence of your own frustration...

Here's the thing... There was never a choice before, back when those blueprints were dropped by Eximus and Manic units... Now that they have been permanently moved from those enemy units into Railjack missions, there's still no choice if players want those blueprints.

The idea was to make them rare, as much as possible, like all other Warframe blueprints... Its not a decision to ruin the lives of new players, it was a decision to bring their "reward rarity" inline with all other Warframe blueprints. If DE's decision came at a bad time for you, then you have a decision to make about it because you already know that you don't have a choice in the matter....

Either get the rest through Railjack now, or get the rest through Railjack later... Adapt and survive, or stay idle and die...

8 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

u must've misunderstood something... I am not defending...

But you need to understand something really important... Your opinion is different than everyone else. Some may agree with you, but only to a certain point. What you see as a bad decision for you, may actually be a good decision for many others.

Your comment says otherwise. And expanding it didn't bolster it's merit either

The idea was to make them rare, as much as possible, like all other Warframe blueprints... Its not a decision to ruin the lives of new players, it was a decision to bring their "reward rarity" inline with all other Warframe blueprints. If DE's decision came at a bad time for you, then you have a decision to make about it because you already know that you don't have a choice in the matter....

Tell that to the starchart frames. Again a weak excuse. It's acceptable for new frames since they won't have as much boss to stuff them into. But oberon and ash are not new frames. People want NEW stuff to farm for. And how do you entice people to play you're new game mode. Add NEW stuff in it. what you do with your storage is up to you but you're still getting junk whether you like it or not. And in you're selfish desire denied other people's choice to do what they want with excess frame parts.

Adapt and survive, or stay idle and die...

You should tell that to DE. Outriders is looking very pretty for a lot people that DE wants to bring into their game instead.

Archived