Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I don't really enjoy Warframe anymore

Nanraku

6 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Better idea than working on mode that no one plays, delete conclave, move mods and cosmetics over to nightwave and steel path and work on the parts of the game people actually play.

Nah, they better remove any possible access to the cosmetics as well. If conclave got deleted there's no reason for any trace of it, like skins created in an attempt to show support to it, to remain available any further. That's exactly what they did with sekharas once trials were removed after all, and i'm sure people who doesn't care about conclave wouldn't mind seeing them gone either.

Wow, didn't expect for this to go on for so long.

I want to make some clarifications, since the first post wasn't particularly clear.

When I say that things have no variety, I mean that it doesn't make much of a difference how you play. There's no incentive to play sneakily since the rewards will be the same, you'll just be spending more time on one mission. Of course, you could challenge yourself for a different experience, but it still drags on.

Some said that you could say this about a lot of different games, and that's true. Mario games have a simplistic formula, and Souls games have returning mechanics in each title. But in games like Dark Souls, there's a threat at every turn, and your equipment dictates how you'll deal with it. When you die in Dark Souls, it's a chance to rethink tactics, since losing your souls can be detrimental. In Warframe, there isn't really any variable gameplay in the same sense. The main way to play the game doesn't really change, even if you change your loadout.

For the ones that said to remove Conclave, I think that's a step in the wrong direction. Why not make the gamemode specifically geared toward PvP by adding Conclave-exclusive weapons and warframes? What makes Conclave unfun is the ability for others to use direct upgrades to gear, while also flying around at insane speeds. Yes, Warframe's formula doesn't fit PvP, but if it were slowed down for Conclave, it would work well.

I'd like to add, Warframe isn't the only game I've played. Of course I play other games, and I haven't played Warframe for some time. I originally posted because I was curious what others thought, and I thank the people who gave honest responses. I didn't want to incite negativity in any sense, I just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks for your responses guys, it means a lot.

18 minutes ago, Nanraku said:

I'd like to add, Warframe isn't the only game I've played. Of course I play other games, and I haven't played Warframe for some time. I originally posted because I was curious what others thought, and I thank the people who gave honest responses.

What event triggers the need to ask people why they play a game you no longer play?

I have perused many game forums over the years looking back at games I might consider playing again, but it would never cross my mind to make a post like yours.

Yes, I see that you state you wanted to hear the thoughts of others, about a game you no longer play, but my question remains, Why?

What incentivizes the post/question?

I am genuinely curious, as I do not understand the what drives a person to make a post like this, for a game they no longer play.

1 hour ago, Nanraku said:

For the ones that said to remove Conclave, I think that's a step in the wrong direction. Why not make the gamemode specifically geared toward PvP by adding Conclave-exclusive weapons and warframes? What makes Conclave unfun is the ability for others to use direct upgrades to gear, while also flying around at insane speeds. Yes, Warframe's formula doesn't fit PvP, but if it were slowed down for Conclave, it would work well.

For clarity, when you say "Conclave-exclusive weapons and warframes," do you mean exclusively acquired in Conclave, or exclusively used in Conclave? If the former, I'd probably expect very vocal portions of the PvE crowd to riot. If the latter, I'd probably expect...very vocal portions of the PvE crowd to riot.

We've kind of had both of those things previously, and people complained about both. People still occasionally fuss about the Conclave-specific cosmetics (the Syandana, in particular, because you have to keep playing Conclave to get certain visual effects). People also complained about certain mods that were usable in PvE, but could only be acquired in Conclave. I believe these are available now outside of Conclave, and I'm sure next to nobody actually uses most of them, but they were complained about presumably on principle alone. 

Trying to change the mechanics of WF to "fit PvP" doesn't necessarily seem like a win either. I'm not a big Conclave guy, but I'm guessing the people that enjoy Conclave enjoy it because of the mechanics that are unique to WF (e.g., hyper-mobility). Otherwise, there are probably tons of "better" PvP games they could be playing instead. 

It just seems to me this post is...I no longer play warframe because I do not currently enjoy warframe, and also I would like warframe to be less like warframe.

If one wants warframe-gap experiences there are much better places to find them. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Same story everywhere: people naturally get tired of games after a few years. It has nothing to do with warframe and your experience isn't that different from anyone elses.

Sure it is if we consider how many people supposedly enjoy railjack(off) and necramechs.

18 hours ago, Nanraku said:

The story quests are really the only thing I can enjoy, just because they're well written.

Excuse Me 🤨 !!!

If you said Lore that would be one thing but the Story itself is abit.... Well... Rubbish....

5 hours ago, Nanraku said:

But in games like Dark Souls, there's a threat at every turn

Unless you know what's coming, in which case more often than not it is just "Slip and die" Souls instead.

...Sorry, I just kind of have a conditioned reflex to point out that Dark Souls isn't that different to other "Knowledge Check" type games, I also kind of have a grudge against the original Dark Souls for the fact that 90% of my deaths were due to narrow walkways over bottomless pits (the Anor Londo approach is such terrible game design...) rather than enemies or bosses.

19 hours ago, Nanraku said:

repetitive and stale.

Welcome to reality, where everything is repetitive.

It's more of a matter of whether you can be convinced something isn't, or happen to enjoy the repetitiveness. To some people, simply being pvp automatically makes a game not repetitive, despite the fact pvp games are just as repetitive as pve games.

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

also kind of have a grudge against the original Dark Souls for the fact that 90% of my deaths were due to narrow walkways over bottomless pits

The bane of Soulsborne players. You can't beat it, neither avoid it. You can't hit it, it's intangible. You can't see it, it's invisible. You can't ambush it, it ambushes you. You can't curse it, it's not a man, woman, creature, animal, demon, deity or anything in between. You can only scream in impotent fury as it drags you towards the Abyss as you foolishly overstepped your boundaries of safe, solid ground and entered it's territory and was put in it's merciless YOINK towards The Pit.

Gravity, It Just Is.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The bane of Soulsborne players. You can't beat it, neither avoid it. You can't hit it, it's intangible. You can't see it, it's invisible. You can't ambush it, it ambushes you. You can't curse it, it's not a man, woman, creature, animal, demon, deity or anything in between. You can only scream in impotent fury as it drags you towards the Abyss as you foolishly overstepped your boundaries of safe, solid ground and entered it's territory and was put in it's merciless YOINK towards The Pit.

Gravity, It Just Is.

That's why I play Mario Games, because nothing says "%&$^ you gravity" like a short fat Italian plumber defying physics and jumping 3 times his height.

21 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Unless you know what's coming, in which case more often than not it is just "Slip and die" Souls instead.

And that's why I believe Sekiro is better.... But only alil bit better... It's still too similar to Dark Souls as far as Ambushes and Gank Squads go...

24 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Sorry, I just kind of have a conditioned reflex to point out that Dark Souls isn't that different to other "Knowledge Check" type games, I also kind of have a grudge against the original Dark Souls for the fact that 90% of my deaths were due to narrow walkways over bottomless pits (the Anor Londo approach is such terrible game design...) rather than enemies or bosses.

And yet it's praised as having one of the best Designed Levels....

A testament that goes to show that many gamers don't know what a "Level" actually is....

And seriously... Screw those Silver Knight Archers !! 😠 

Have you ever noticed that seems to be a Running theme not only in Dark Souls better all the game's that Copy it ?

Here's the Formula:

1) Narrow Path..

2) Unstaggerable Enemy Blocks Narrow Path...

3) Ranged Enemy Fires Projectiles from the other End of the Path....

And Voila... That's every Dark Souls Clone in a nutshell.... Throw in some Special Case Code that prevents the Enemy from leaving the Narrow Path and the Ranged Enemy having a larger Aggro Radius just to make it more annoying.... 

Oh and let's not forget Dragons Breathing Fire on Bridges.... This literally happens 3 Times in Dark Souls 3 Alone 😱 !!! 3 TIMES IN ONE GAME !!!... Why ? 

Again... Thank God for Sekiro... None of that happens in Sekiro 😝 !!!

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

And yet it's praised as having one of the best Designed Levels....

You want to know my hot take on the Dark Souls franchise?

Dark Souls 2 had the best, no-nonsense level design with minimal "Slip and die" Souls gameplay compared to the original (never played 3, might consider it one day if it goes on mega-sale).

I don't get why Dark Souls 2 is so vehemently hated by the Soulsborne crowd, I actually liked it better than DS1 in literally every way.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I don't get why Dark Souls 2 is so vehemently hated by the Soulsborne crowd, I actually liked it better than DS1 in literally every way.

Supposedly it's because Miyazaki not being the Director was enough to make people hate it.... Also these Two Videos can shed some light on the true Nature of Dark Souls:

And 

It took me a long time to realise what the difference between the new Souls Fans and the Old ones.... But basically what drew people in to these games in the first place was a Fantasy Setting with a very Consistent Internal Logic and Dark Atmosphere.... But in both Dark Souls 2 & 3 A Shifted more towards more "Difficulty" and Combat Focused Gameplay...

Basically the more the series strayed from its roots... The more I began to like it.... And the latest iteration of the Design Philosophy being Sekiro Shadows Die Twice being the most Bastardized of them all made me like it the most 😝 !!! 

You can even see it in the Bosses... Sekiro's Worst Bosses (Raging Bull, Giant Ape & Demon Of Hatred) would fit right into Dark Souls no problem.... They stick out like Sore Thumbs in Sekiro because they don't allow that White Knuckle Back and Forth Duelling you get from Genichiro or Gyobou The Demon...

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Simple: It wasn't designed by Miyazaki. DS2 gameplay was better in every way (as you said) compared to the first, so the only real reason is that some streamers whined about the non-existent lore or something, and the followers followed.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

(never played 3, might consider it one day if it goes on mega-sale).

If you've ever played bloodborne it's more of the same, although with less blood. Bloodborne was better though.

21 hours ago, vanaukas said:

You'll be shocked when you realize that every single video game is just pressing buttons and seeing something on the screen

Exactly this. ANY game played for extremely long periods will get monotonous. Do you eat your favorite food every day? No because even that will get tiresome. That's just normal life bro.

IMO warframe has been going down south since the kuva lich update, and hasn't gotten any better. That update showed that the devs don't care what players want, they're going to do things their way. The devs were really against making kuva lichs not kill you if you got the code wrong, something that shouldn't have been there in the first place. And although they did eventually make this very very simple change, it wasn't until months later, and after railjack released before they did anything.

Railjack's release was the big bomb shell though. It was (and still isn't) anything like what we were shown on devstreams and tennocon 2018/2019. they showed it fighting both corpus and grinner, having to balance systems out, actually having to coordinate with your team and support each other. what we got was a dumpster fire, calling it an empty shell doesn't do it justice. It was a buggy hot mess, we only had grinner, we only had 1 mission type, kill everything, do station, leave. 

Now with corpus proxima, we still have issues. IMO the corpus update broke as many or more things then it fixed, simply trading problems for more. Everyone now needs to be present to enter the corpus mission ships, reasoning? There are too many AI's. I didn't see a problem with grinner gallions. Railjack is now 10% space 90% normal mission, and the mission types they chose are ludicrisly slow and uninteresting. Out of all mission types, exterminate, defense, and mobile defense disguised as "volatile" missions. The biggest problem with mission types however is the orphix ones.

Orphix venom NEVER should have happened the way that it did. Picture this and stay with me for a minute. You've just finished forma and leveling all your weapons and gear, took months if not years to do so. Now you see an "update hotfix" appear, for the hyped up orphix venom event, which they haven't shown us much about. So you install the update, hop on, hop into a mission... only to discover ALL of your gear is now locked, and you cant use it near the orphix. You are instead forced to use either operator, which has no viability, or necramechs, which are soo new you don't even know how to get one. But don't worry, its not all bad, they gave you some nice necramechs to use incase you don't have one.... which are soo weak, as un-viable as operator is, its still stronger then them. Needless to say, the event has completely soured my taste and views on necramechs, and due to how this event was handled, with little to no bug fixes, forcing you into using necramechs, and essentially making all your time in warframe spent thus far pointless, i now have an abysmally strong burning hatred for these corn robots

20 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

And it's utter bs, op just wants to share his negative feelings and wants people to agree with him instead of... Idk just leaving the game or taking a break instead of wanting the attention

It isn't bs. Most people who develop a product or even deliver a service that has success, but then loses business over time, are interested in knowing why. Threads such as this gives insight into that. Constructive criticism can be positive or negative. The OP gives praise for the game, but also airs grievances. There is certainly constructive criticism within it, even though it ventures more into negative territory.

The irony here is your post appears to be far more in line with what you accuse the OP's reasons are for posting - being negative and looking for attention, instead of "Idk just leaving".

This is like walking into the game store where the various groups have all self-sectioned themselves off and are going to war over minutiae while they wait for the tournament to begin.

Thanks for reminding me that after Covid, I get to see and hear all of this in person just to play some Magic Drafts!

12 hours ago, Aldain said:

Dark Souls really loves its "Gotchya!" moments, one of Miyazaki's biggest influence was old school table top games so I'm not surprised DS1 has a whole dungeon dedicated to booby traps. I like it in the sense of "this is how someone would design something to keep you the F out" and thankfully our character is immortal so you get to figure out how to get around it. But yeah, they're level design isn't exactly perfect. I can really go without seeing another goddamn poison swamp for the rest of my life.

39 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

It isn't bs. Most people who develop a product or even deliver a service that has success, but then loses business over time, are interested in knowing why. Threads such as this gives insight into that. Constructive criticism can be positive or negative. The OP gives praise for the game, but also airs grievances. There is certainly constructive criticism within it, even though it ventures more into negative territory.

The irony here is your post appears to be far more in line with what you accuse the OP's reasons are for posting - being negative and looking for attention, instead of "Idk just leaving".

What I said that was bs is his reasons for posting this here, even though I have issues with his vague criticisms, his reason for posting reeks of wanting the attention to see if others are feeling like he feels.

If he actually wanted to leave criticism for devs he'd posted on feedback, it wouldn't get much attention from people but it's possible to catch the eye of DE more than general discussion that's for sure

18 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Technically you’re correct, I don’t know for a fact that DE’s decisions won’t be impacted by this general discussion post from a user with one forum post ever, but I would bet my 401k that they won’t be.  

You said “feedback like this can aid devs in development” and alluded to a “growing trend” of posts like these, based on this one post. I just responded accordingly.

Here is what I said:

On 2021-04-05 at 2:16 PM, Silligoose said:

Finally, for those saying this has been said before, or this discussion has been opened before: So what?

I very clearly address specific types of people. When I made that post, there were quite a few posters making statements along the lines of (for clarity, I am paraphrasing) "this type of post is nothing new", "we see threads like this multiple times a week", "this seems like a copypasta template for the same complaint", (addressing the OP) "your thoughts aren't special we see this often". That is the context. Next, I make a conditional statement.

On 2021-04-05 at 2:16 PM, Silligoose said:

It simply indicates growing trend in sentiment amongst the player base, which again can help developers.

In other words, IF what they say is correct, IF these types of threads occur often, it means more people, over time, feel the same way. That would indicate a growing trend and IF that is the case, it CAN (not saying it WOULD, not saying it WILL, simply stating it has the POTENTIAL TO), aid developers.

You didn't respond accordingly. You took what I said out of context, misrepresented my sentiment and proceeded to debate the misrepresentation. You aren't even debating me. You are debating your own misrepresentation. Even in your last post, you are debating the misrepresentation. 

Archived