Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gara kaleida skin with splinter storm

Iceman071485

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Sinekanter:

I am also a bit disappointed. In my opinion, it removes a bit of her uniqueness and the impact the ability has. And I honestly, I don't get why people were so upset in the first place. She only loses her armor when she uses that one ability, any other time she still has it. Completely removing the effect was too much for being purely based on some people's aesthetic preferences and the request of a toggle was the reasonable way to go, in my opinion.

Doesn't look like you played her, so why do you participate in the discussion? I wish that anybody who does not exactly know what they are talking about would hold their horses.

I can tell you why people are so upset: Any Gara player who knows what they are doing has ability 2 on them ALL THE TIME WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. That means that your fancy looking armor looks like a pile of uninspired crap, because the glas parts are gone, which make 99% of the coolness of her armor.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Dunkelheit:

Doesn't look like you played her, so why do you participate in the discussion? I wish that anybody who does not exactly know what they are talking about would hold their horses.

I can tell you why people are so upset: Any Gara player who knows what they are doing has ability 2 on them ALL THE TIME WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. That means that your fancy looking armor looks like a pile of uninspired crap, because the glas parts are gone, which make 99% of the coolness of her armor.

I play her casually on my old account. And I honestly don't care that much about her change in particular, but I dislike the idea that the 'just delete what people don't like' might get applied to other things as well, instead of giving players an option. I don't mind people asking for a change, eventhough I personally don't hate Gara's design without armor, I don't like how DE handled it.

On 2021-05-08 at 4:20 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

not remove her armor plates

now... can we do the same with Xaku? I mean who likes seeing a skeleton from Dark Souls games running around in Warframe? haha

Please no! Do not do that! Gara breaks free armor and uses shards - this is logical! Please do not take away this feature and uniqueness of Gara! Or make this setting for the player to make a choice! cry from the heart
klV5nZx.png

For me either choice or do not remove. I dislike the removal as it makes her look stupid. I feel the same way about Xaku. Frames that use an ability nearly full time at higher level for survivability, making them mandatory, shouldn't interfere with fashion frame. Period.

44 minutes ago, Rahny said:

After all, the fragments from glass are not taken from the air...

Ember creates fire out of thin air, Atlas creates rocks out of thin air, why wouldn't a glass power frame be able to generate glass out of thin air. Just alter the description of the power to match it and we're done. People are hung up on the glass being created from her "Armor". If you can let that go we're all good.

23 минуты назад, RazerXPrime сказал:

Ember creates fire out of thin air, Atlas creates rocks out of thin air, why wouldn't a glass power frame be able to generate glass out of thin air. Just alter the description of the power to match it and we're done. People are hung up on the glass being created from her "Armor". If you can let that go we're all good.

aog9aYX.png

The fact is she looks the best with her glass armor intact.   I dont care wtf has to happen to let me keep the cool glass armor on her deluxe skin WHILE using splinter.   But I NEED that option.   As soon as I get prime its getting reskinned w/ deluxe asap!!

<3 <3 <3

On 2021-05-20 at 10:22 AM, Rahny said:

Please no! Do not do that! Gara breaks free armor and uses shards - this is logical! Please do not take away this feature and uniqueness of Gara! Or make this setting for the player to make a choice! cry from the heart
klV5nZx.png

Your using OG Gara head in that pic.   If you dont have a problem losing the armor why arent you using the Deluxe head w/ deluxe armor??   Cuz it looks wierd as hell without the armor ??  

52 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Your using OG Gara head in that pic.   If you dont have a problem losing the armor why arent you using the Deluxe head w/ deluxe armor??   Cuz it looks wierd as hell without the armor ??  

200.gif

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RazerXPrime:

For me either choice or do not remove. I dislike the removal as it makes her look stupid. I feel the same way about Xaku. Frames that use an ability nearly full time at higher level for survivability, making them mandatory, shouldn't interfere with fashion frame. Period.

This 100%!
We already had this discussion in another thread and some posters made it painfully obvious that they did not even know that a Gara who knows what to do will have her 2 up 24/7.

If people want their amazing glass armor removed (the interaction of abilities with armor is a cool feature, I have to admit), do it with another ability for a short time. User her 1 or her 3, change the description and let the madness stop once and for all.

Il y a 3 heures, RazerXPrime a dit :

Like Nidus phryke ?
DE should let the customer chose if they want the additional armor or not when they stack up mutations

5 minutes ago, Nesisphira said:

Like Nidus phryke ?
DE should let the customer chose if they want the additional armor or not when they stack up mutations

That would include Nidus too yes, never thought about that one. Although with Nidus I personally think his original skin is very cool with the mutation stacks building up.

4 hours ago, Rahny said:

Gara breaks free armor and uses shards - this is logical!

4 hours ago, Rahny said:

After all, the fragments from glass are not taken from the air...

And yet she can create a big-ass glass wall out of thin air. And a sword. And mirrors. But it gets better.

The fragments for Splinter Storm can also be created out of thin air!

Where else do the additional shards come from when she casts it on multiple targets? She's not losing any, and thanks to Mass Vitrify resetting the ability's duration, she can theoretically have an infinite number of Splinter Storms going at once! Does Gara have infinite amounts of glass armor on her body? Nope. Ergo, there is no logical reason for why she needs to shatter her armor for Splinter Storm.

I would have preferred a choice myself. But since you are going to be running splinter storm constantly those glass details were more or less useless most of the time. So at least i would have kept them visible at all times and am therefore also happy with this change.

8 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

And yet she can create a big-ass glass wall out of thin air. And a sword. And mirrors. But it gets better.

Where else do the additional shards come from when she casts it on multiple targets? She's not losing any, and thanks to Mass Vitrify resetting the ability's duration, she can theoretically have an infinite number of Splinter Storms going at once! Does Gara have infinite amounts of glass armor on her body? Nope. Ergo, there is no logical reason for why she needs to shatter her armor for Splinter Storm.

Well she obviously has a pocket Inaros and pocket ember in her pockets that provide the sand and heat for infinite glassyness.

Think McFly! Think!

15 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Yea people are just stuck on the description of the ability itself. If the description is changed all is good.

Archived