Jump to content

gara kaleida skin with splinter storm


Iceman071485
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, MoonCrisis said:

I really dont consider 3 forum post with barely 10 replies as "many, many, many peple wanting it". The change clashes with the description of the ability and the identity of a frame people been playing for years. If some people were bothered by it, they have plenty of other frames to chose from.

Not a good argument. On the forum, and people have had a fair amount of time to get their voice heard on the matter now, the opinion to keep the glass on has been a lot stronger than the no-glassers. The description can also be changed, and the fact that Gara could always have a (theoretically) infinite number of Splinter Storms going at once proves that she never actually needed to shatter her armor for the ability. Speaking of identity, there's the funny matter of the glass frame without glass. And, to use your own argument to prove why it's bad, 

6 hours ago, MoonCrisis said:

If some people are bothered by Gara keeping her glass, they have plenty of other frames to chose from.

With that said, it really, really should have been a toggle, and they should really, really get on making it one. Reverting this change is completely the wrong move though (because, as said, pro-glass apparently outnumbers no-glass). Rather, instead of pitting either option versus the other, we need to let them know we want some Fashion toggles so we can have our own way. (Not only for Gara, but for Xaku, Rhino, invisibility frames and more.)

Seriously, I want fashion toggles more than I want the New War.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why did they merged the other thread with this one? its totally unrelated. This is a thread about people complaining about a deluxe skin, the other one was about people complaining due to the removal of an interaction. WTF is going on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MoonCrisis said:

Why did they merged the other thread with this one? its totally unrelated. This is a thread about people complaining about a deluxe skin, the other one was about people complaining due to the removal of an interaction. WTF is going on?

It's totally not unrelated, though. This is the thread where one group of people complain about a deluxe skin losing its beauty due to an interaction, and another group of people complain about the loss of said interaction.

The two groups (save for some possible individual exceptions) share one opinion though: Toggle pls.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion, the cast off of Gara's armor is one of Gara's Signature movement on her ability.
Just like Chroma's Effigy, Xaku's Vast untime, or Even Rhino's Iron Skin.
Even though these abilities varies on player's opinion about liking or disliking it, they were there because it is unique aspect of these warframes.

I understand that most of Gara's skin looks horrendously bad without glass part.
But I think it is one of the biggest feature that adds Gara's uniqueness, and I think recent patch on removing that feature making Gara's gameplay prettier but more dull.

I don't think entire roll back won't be needed for it. 
But could you at least let us decide to keep Gara's glass armor on or not during the Splinter Storm ability please? 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Orcafeet said:

In my opinion, the cast off of Gara's armor is one of Gara's Signature movement on her ability.
Just like Chroma's Effigy, Xaku's Vast untime, or Even Rhino's Iron Skin.
Even though these abilities varies on player's opinion about liking or disliking it, they were there because it is unique aspect of these warframes.

I understand that most of Gara's skin looks horrendously bad without glass part.
But I think it is one of the biggest feature that adds Gara's uniqueness, and I think recent patch on removing that feature making Gara's gameplay prettier but more dull.

I don't think entire roll back won't be needed for it. 
But could you at least let us decide to keep Gara's glass armor on or not during the Splinter Storm ability please? 

You're not the only one that is disapointed by DE taking the easy way out on that change, even more so when you check the post they like for having many, many request all point to people asking for a toggle to give a choice if you want or not the armor to break as to ssatisfy the biggest amount of people and not just the ones that want to keep the glass. Now that they made an unilateral change people that want the glass to shatter or only supported the in those post they refere to because of a toggle are coming out and saying basicaly the same thing you're sa Op. This is not what was asaked, we want the option to choose if we want glass or not when gara use the ability.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

You're not the only one that is disapointed by DE taking the easy way out on that change

Make your own code if you think it's that easy

Edited by Ailia_Grimm
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I understand your frustration over maybe liking it the old way better, and would like a toggle (which would be a win/win for everyone) - but the vast majority likes how it is now, and they DID explain that the toggle was hard to do without bugging out.

In the future, maybe :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's such a minor concern that it really isn't worth the dev time. and Gara first arrived in 2018, so why is it only recently that people have started whining about her glass or absence of? 

also, if we're talking glass features on warframe, Lavos' vials still haven't been fixed since they bugged out, but nobody' mentioned that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

tenor.gif

Literally any change to the game could lead to bugs. It's a dumb excuse.

I'm just sayin what De have stated. And they said "no cause bugs".

Tho I can't blame them. It would be time to focus on the bugs and make the game more playable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's such a minor concern that it really isn't worth the dev time. and Gara first arrived in 2018, so why is it only recently that people have started whining about her glass or absence of? 

also, if we're talking glass features on warframe, Lavos' vials still haven't been fixed since they bugged out, but nobody' mentioned that...

Narrow Minded

Gara's not the only frame where being able to equip different ability FX would be a good QoL change. Adding a feature to equip different ability FX would let Gara players choose their glass effects, like a "Default" effect versus "The Unbroken" effect that leaves the glass alone. But it'd also allow Rhino players to equip different Iron Skin FX, Nova players to equip her Deluxe's custom hand animation FX without the skin, Hydroid players to choose between his normal water FX and his ugly Primed fish blob FX, etc. Not only could DE make everyone happy, they could also gain a new type of cosmetic to make and sell.

And people have had opinions about the glass breaking since her release. Why the renewed talk recently? Maybe because she got a new skin, idk.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

why is it only recently that people have started whining about her glass or absence of? 

Because it was only recently that Gara got a skin with actually nice looking glass. At that point, she ended up in the same "Our survivability is tied to losing our beautiful fashion" group as Rhino, Xaku, and every single invisibility frame.

Or well, almost every single invisibility frame

GWAcHmE.png

Edited by Perfectly_Framed_Waifu
Gave up on the spoiler BBCode. If anyone knows how it works, pls help.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Because it was only recently that Gara got a skin with actually nice looking glass. At that point, she ended up in the same "Our survivability is tied to losing our beautiful fashion" group as Rhino, Xaku, and every single invisibility frame.

Or well, almost every single invisibility frame

GWAcHmE.png

Add Mirage (Eclipse+HoM has quite the yucky visual noise, imo) to that list

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DE is owned by Tencent, the biggest videogame conglomerate in the entire planet and people on this forum eat up the "nah, too much time" excuse? where the hell do we live in? Ask Tencent for help or funds for a bigger dev team, you already have toggles for Loki's new skin, do it for Gara. This excuse train need to stop.

Have you ever thought what would happen to the people that liked the way she was?

Have you ever thought how you put yourself in a bottle neck now? Why remove the interaction on Gara due to fashion frame but not on Octavia, Ivara, Rhino, Mirage, Loki?

Have you ever thought how this make your designers have less freedom when designing a frame as they would have to avoid having stances or states that affect how they look for extended periods of time? And as a graphical designer, this is the very worst point on this matter.

There were several options: not giving in to a particular request, giving in and opening up the door to other similar complains OR make a toggle. You literally took the VERY WORST one you could.

I am SO glad Octavia and Ivara deluxe skins are unpopular, otherwise I would've had to complain about them too.

Edited by MoonCrisis
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just got Gara prime with kaleida skin and used splinter storm... Yeah, count me in on the disapointment train for no armor shattering effect. And on the didn't-read-notes-thought-this-was-a-bug train too.

Still, after reading the patch notes, I don't think the choice taken here was the right one; removing a feature that was already there (and already working) instead of improving it by giving the toggle option seems like a job half done. Specially considering there are other warframes using the same mechanics in similar fashion (Xaku, Chroma, Rhino, Lavos' vials -heh-) which could, maybe, benefit from this option too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing people should be complaining about Gara now is having to smash walls from the outside.  That mechanic makes NO SENSE.  

Kaleida skin does not look good with her armor broken.  As far as splinterstorm mechanics if your saying you need armor breaking to know when to cast stuff your already doing it wrong.   If your armor refrorms you already dropped splitnerstorm,  already dropped the built up damage buff.  So seeing your armor whole again and realizing you dropped it doesn't do jack for you except tell you to recast it, which only reinforces your bad behavior.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The only thing people should be complaining about Gara now is having to smash walls from the outside.  That mechanic makes NO SENSE.  

Kaleida skin does not look good with her armor broken.  As far as splinterstorm mechanics if your saying you need armor breaking to know when to cast stuff your already doing it wrong.   If your armor refrorms you already dropped splitnerstorm,  already dropped the built up damage buff.  So seeing your armor whole again and realizing you dropped it doesn't do jack for you except tell you to recast it, which only reinforces your bad behavior.  

Yes that part does seem strange to say the least. 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, IIGodFatherII said:

please either revert the visual effect or remove the armor completly, if you can not add a button to toggle on/off the glass armor as currently its looks more worse then it did before.

They definitely can, it's just that they can't be bothered. A revert is not a good idea though, as that would just spark the mother of all backlash. No, better to ask for that toggle that was originally requested so DE will hear a unified voice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope breaking the theme of a warframe's powers and compromising the artistic vision to fit the needs of a few fashionists won't become a trend. It was perfectly possible to make Gara looks as cool glass-less as she is with her armor. Being suddenly told that Gara's armor not shattering anymore is not a bug as I initially thought but a deliberate decision taken to settle an argument I didn't even know existed is mildly frustrating.

Shattering herself to destroy a sentient monster, breaking it into pieces to create the Eidolons... the word shatter is repeated more times in her lore than I care to count. The warframe has been built around that idea of self-sacrifice and personal loss, it's not just something that can be just removed without the character losing part of her identity.

Edited by lukaself
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...