Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RJ crew: what are the "tips" talking about?

MollAgdeduba

tempquestion.jpg

I don't understand this... we have 3 competency point for each crew member, and not 3 competency point to share with the various member, so what this "tips" is talkng about?

This should explain, but is more confusing me than anything.... someone could explain? 

35 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

tempquestion.jpg

I don't understand this... we have 3 competency point for each crew member, and not 3 competency point to share with the various member, so what this "tips" is talkng about?

This should explain, but is more confusing me than anything.... someone could explain? 

32 minutes ago, schilds said:

Maybe that was the original intention, and the tip was written before they changed it? Then they forgot to change the tip.

I bet Schilds is right

We were supposed to have more Competency Points which we could distribute to all crew members or waste them on 1 or 2 of them
But then they realized we would cry about it so they limited it to 3 per crew member yet tip remained

Or other way around if we have 3 crew members and 9 points TOTAL it would mean using 2 crew members and 1 lich we would have 9 points to distribute for 2 crew members instead of 3 which would be kinda breaking the idea of balance 
Or 2 liches and 1 crew member which we could assign to different task

Which in the long run would narrow down need of getting crew members from Ticker (or whatever is his name) specialized in 1 job + having endurance + combat maxed or half maxed which we could max out anyway with said points
And you know slots for crew members cost plat so here is your answers

And thats whole story to it at least i believe it is

4 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Did you guys also notice the "contract duration" bit in the interface? Seems like crew were supposed to be hired only for a limited time.

They thankfully realized not to do that, but the UI for it remains.

Yeah, hoping they don't introduce time limited crew.

18 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

It would really be nice if they had their own Mastery to be able to gain Points to be distributed, and maybe have mods for the crew members to be managed.

And the ability to switch out which ones you want to use depending on how many people you have with you without having to re-buy them if you remove one. Hot garbage.

8 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Did you guys also notice the "contract duration" bit in the interface? Seems like crew were supposed to be hired only for a limited time.

I don't think that was the case, within the week of release I hired a few guys and they had the contact duration stat working, this showed how long they have been in service. This stat did seem to bug out after a day or so and just display nothing.

Although this stat is somewhat useless given that there is no benefit to keeping a crew member for longer periods of time. A system that improves crew members over long periods of time would've been nice.

9 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

The contract duration appears to track how long ago you bought the crew member('s contract), not a countdown to when the contract expires. In that sense it is entirely useless unless you want to know that information. Some of the very first crewmembers I bought (on launch day) say "Indefinite" or something for the duration – maybe it wasn't tracking the information at first.

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

Some of the very first crewmembers I bought (on launch day) say "Indefinite" or something for the duration – maybe it wasn't tracking the information at first.

Oh, mine all say that because I got three decent crewmen early.

13 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

as far as I know, contract duration tells you how long youve had them.

Archived