Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about powering rj avionics with operator void energy?

yoman15

Just something literally pops up from my mind

How about railjack powers with operator void energy?

I know with the current regeneration rate of operator's void energy "bar" (tho it's not a bar but a circle), a direct implementation would be even more broken than the current warframe energy-railjack system.

So I thought of this:

the railjack is like a massive storage of void energy, a battery

and the person who pilot the ship will have his operator's energy being connected to the railjack,

tho the void energy from a kid won't be enough to power a whole ship, right?

so the railjack stores up the energy the pilot generates, thus a large extra bar of empty energy storage can be used

(tho for gameplay reason the max energy storage of railjack might still have to be dependent on operator's max energy in some extent instead of fully rely on railjack's component)

then using battle avionics will use up a large chunk of it, but it will regenerate, its rate scales with operator's energy regeneration rate, but relatively slower due to the large capacity of the railajck energy storage

when the pilot leaves the seat the part of energy that's in the railjack energy storage remains, but no longer regenerates

at anytime players can go to the forge and forge energy for the railjack's energy storage

Anyway that's just my idea, when I started to think through this idea by typing all these out, I already want to delete this whole thing cuz the three disadvantages mentioned below are really bad, but probably someone can make this better, so I send this out anyway

The advantages of this system, at least in my eye, is:

1) operator become less separated from the game, and have another reason to level it up (tho it's still far from highly related into normal mission)

2) railjack no longer requires specific warframe to make the progress of the mission faster (I know quite a lot of people are fine with, or even like to, making railjack more suitable for some frames, like in many other normal missions, so this may not be an advantage to someone)

3) retaining players' independence on battle avionics energy (again, some might find the old flux energy is better as it encourage teamwork)

4) railjack completely separate from the warframe energy system (as some, or most, of the players thinks that the warframe energy system is broken/too ez to obtain energy and I personally agree, but I guess some players likes to spam seeker volley too?)

5) more reasonable lore-wise (cuz void engine powers with void energy)

three very serious disadvantages/problems I could think of:

1) railjack becomes only available to people who unlocked operator(which DE have already makes it available to newbie through market with plats and DE probably can't take back the access they gave to newbie just because of this system)

2) have to level up focus trees with tedious focus grind in order to properly play railjack(this might be the biggest drawback possible)(but the rework of the focus trees that are coming "soon" may help by lowering the cost of relative paths? probably not?)

3) players already get used to the current energy system and probably don't bother to change it, spamming seeker volley probably feels great

IMO with a proper balance on the portion of operator:railjack  energy storage ratio and upper limit of operator's(railjack's) energy regeneration rate, this system can be beneficial to the whole railjack thing. 

the focus tree rework that is coming "soon" may probably make all these irrelevant too, idk

this idea seems to be very bad atm, sending this out just to give out some ideas on possible gameplay relationship between operator and railjack

The engine uses void energy hence the finger and Albrecht's story... makes sense.

hace 3 minutos, yoman15 dijo:

3) players already get used to the current energy system and probably don't bother to change it, spamming seeker volley probably feels great

I mean whatever, the avionics that use the energy are useless anyways.

I think that you should use the Spoilers tag tho

I have all focus schools completed so you're saying that would give more to use in railjack like perks with each school or some other thing.

Though it would/might encourage players to rank them up but it would be a pain for some that limit players who haven't done much with their focus schools.

Spoiler mode void energy would be different but it may not be enough to keep RJ running smoothly.

I hope I read your post correctly I'm quite tired.

7小时前 , Slayer-. 说:

I have all focus schools completed so you're saying that would give more to use in railjack like perks with each school or some other thing.

Though it would/might encourage players to rank them up but it would be a pain for some that limit players who haven't done much with their focus schools.

Spoiler mode void energy would be different but it may not be enough to keep RJ running smoothly.

I hope I read your post correctly I'm quite tired.

Yeah I think the current method of gaining focus is probably too harsh for some casual player if it's being related to railjack gameplay.

Since getting the lens from bounties/lua disruption are already a heavy RNG gate

Plus it cannot be passively gain through normal gameplay(since the amount of affinity from normal gameplay is low)

(tho not much of a problem for me)

Archived