Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo QoL 2.0

Fr3sh

Hello there! My name is Fr3sh and I have been decorating, working on and rebuilding my (almost solo) dojo for as long as I have been playing Warframe, there have been many issues and major inconveniences that I have noticed and had to deal with over the years and sadly, have seen no fixes towards. The recent QoL changes have been a great step in the right direction, however I'm afraid they do not suffice. 
 I hope that this thread will be addressed and taken note of, I assume these would be quite the simple additions or even considerations that would make every dojo decorator's life easier. Way easier.

• Contribute to all placed decorations in a certain room.

I have built a plethora of complex structures and elaborate rooms that contain many pieces of decorations, to me, this is one of the most fun things I get to do in my spare time! I've made anything from large castles, fashion catwalks, gardens and the casual oddball here and there. And the one thing in common with every single project I have made was the utter dread I felt having to contribute to everything after putting it down all by myself. As a Ghost clan, I only have another fellow active clan mate who is willing to help me with contributing (shoutout to MichaelSMG), but even for larger clans with a lot of active players, it is still difficult having to keep up with everything! 

20210405180123_1.jpg20210405180139_1.jpg

An option to contribute to all placed decorations through the room's console would be a godsend, it would save time, and more importantly, sanity.

• Mirror decoration. 

The "Duplicate Decoration" option is one that has saved everyone plenty of time! It saves having to constantly open the menu just for the sake of another duplicate. But have you ever had to mirror a decoration and spent a little too long trying to get them both symmetrical? I have. It takes up too much time, effort and yet again, sanity.
      While it may not be as important or major as the other points in this thread, this simple quality of life addition can majorly help the pace of decorating!

• Phase through built decorations (in decorating mode).

The main reason I withhold from contributing to decorations until I have placed almost everything in a new project is because of how built decorations behave. It is incredibly convenient being able to phase through unbuilt decorations as it allows us to reach blocks from different angles in order to perfectly place them where we'd like! However we instantly become restricted the moment everything is fully built, since we no longer have the freedom to get under or inside decorations in order to reach others.

• Improving the grid.

Having the grid turned on to as little as 0.10 makes everything far too difficult than it should be, which is a bit ironic since a grid is supposed to help us place things more accurately! I suggest having the option to toggle a visible grid, which would not only increase speed and accuracy, but would make the grid usable.

• Polychrome, lighting and room colors.

The limited colors we can research in the Tenno lab are nothing short of ridiculous, and while they are nice colors, they simply are not enough. Imagine if all we had for fashionframe were a simple 36 colors that all required intensive and tedious grind to unlock, when in reality, they are barely worth it.
    unknown.png

The entire dye research system is flawed in my opinion, as it takes far too long for small and large clans alike to research all colors, only to be restricted by what you can do with them. In the name of customization, I suggest giving us the option to use our own color palettes to customize room colors and lighting! Not only would this make it easier for all Tenno alike, it would also give us more to do with the color palettes we own. If this entire point is moot, another option would be to give us more colors to research, and having them all require less unnecessary grind.

Speaking of lighting, heavy fog and dark colors are a great way to bring a room together, however, that makes it difficult to see things when adding new decorations! An option to toggle customized lighting while in decorating mode would be a great way to overcome this issue.

unknown.png

• Inconsistent capacity costs.

I see no reason why a floof should take up 5 capacity when a large asteroid wall (that can cover entire rooms) only takes up 1. Personal decorations shouldn't take up more than 1 capacity since they are incredibly small and require more time to acquire than regular, dojo decorations.

unknown.png
    unknown.png

Same thing goes for atmospherics, which are lovely, but are very restricting in terms of capacity, thus making them an afterthought when it comes to planning new projects.
     Why does a small flame cost 25 capacity, but a beacon of light only costs 5?

unknown.png
    unknown.png

I may be unaware of technical restrictions when it comes to atmospherics' capacity, but if there are none, of if they can be solved, I don't see why they this simple inconvenience can't be resolved.

• Moving decorated rooms to different locations.

This one may be a bit far-fetched, but being able to remove a room off the map, while still keeping some type of copy of the decorations in it, in order to place it in a different location, would allow us to safely rebuild our dojo layout without losing the many hours we have spent into decorating.

• Lighting acting suspiciously.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Nothing much to say about this one other than it basically ruins the whole vibe of some rooms. It may or may not be a bug, I am unsure.

It also happens in the Dry Dock while inside the Railjack, lighting colors do not apply.

unknown.png
    unknown.png

• Region chat in clan dojo.

As someone who equally loves both decorating and chatting in Region/Q&A, having to constantly choose between the two has become tiring. I don't see why Region and Q&A aren't in the dojo, since we already have every other chat in there.

------

Thank you for reading! Here's to hoping this does not go unnoticed. 
     Yours truly, Fr3sh.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... If those screenshots really belong to your Dojo... I can't help myself from being impressed by the hard work of the Architect... And I'm not the kind of player that gets easily impressed.

... Well done.

Thank you so much! I've done it all myself over the course of a few long months. I appreciate the feedback a lot! :)

Archived