Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave resurrection and more gameplay.

Dishronor

Problems:
1) Conclave is not popular due to its large dynamics. No one will shoot at flying flies (Tenno).
2) When was the last time you saw a running animation? Now everyone moves by flights and somersaults.

Solution: add (return) stamina bar. Players will be more careful, new tactics may appear, more gameplay, it will make sense to play the conclave.

Nice idea! I complete agree with remove conclave and put all the reward and the effort in a pve method, like some arena vs npc or other! And another advantage is that DE could focus on other things than the useless & unfunny pvp! 

Oh... wait... you didn't say that?

Ok... now i'll give a non hironic answer: NO, cause add a stamina bar in a dead mode, making it more harder and unfunny will surely not help to revive conclave. 

Want to know what could help to revive conclave? 

-) Remove all the stat from the profile. Since i have 1.7 kdr made a long time ago i don't absolutely want to go back to that mode just to be a cannon fodder, annihilated  every 2 second and see my kdr go down just cause i frogot how to play conclave. No stat = no problem.

-) Better reward for play: what if kill enemies instead of drop just the "oro" they also drop some endo or kuva or credit or other?

-) Better reward for good performance: you capture a flag? You returned one? You made a kill streak? You stopped one? Well... You should be rewarded for this at the end of the game.  

-) Modify the syndicate:  Instead of a lot of syndicate level, just give that syndicate ONE level and the item should cost less.

-) Integrate pvp and Stel Path in some way (both lead to teshin) not only for the reward but also for the gameplay. (maybe create SP invasion that could be pvp)

But of course the best idea is the "Bold sentence" at the beginning of this post =)

3 hours ago, Dishronor said:

Problems:
1) Conclave is not popular due to its large dynamics. No one will shoot at flying flies (Tenno).
2) When was the last time you saw a running animation? Now everyone moves by flights and somersaults.

Solution: add (return) stamina bar. Players will be more careful, new tactics may appear, more gameplay, it will make sense to play the conclave.

Core mechanics should be consistent between PvE and PvP, otherwise the disconnection feel between both goes even further.

We already have a similar issue with powers since energy management is quite tight in PvP to the point of making energy orbs meaningful, no matter if it's for personal use or simply to deny them to enemies who use powers more often; while in PvE it gets easily bypassed by several mechanics (Energizing dash, rage, hunter adrenaline, arcane energize, etc), allowing players to mindlessly spam powers (nukes, damage reductions, heals) left and right with nothing to hold them back.

With the amount of people who loves warframe for being a game that can be played with the brain entirely shut down and still win, i really doubt that adding a brand new resource to manage would be a good thing to do.

2 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

And another advantage is that DE could focus on other things than the useless & unfunny pvp! 

Oddly, PvP requires almost no resources to be kept after being setup, so investing in it has the potential to keep players engaged in warframe instead of moving on somewhere else even during the "content droughts" that start right after getting all the rewards of any new update. 

The biggest issue is: how to encourage a community that has developed a deep atychiphobia to engage in content where the odds of losing/failing are bigger than those of winning?

Remove all the stat from the profile

I don't think that's needed, but if any change was to be made, i think that kill count should remain visible while K:D ratio and deaths get to be hidden.

Better reward for play

Better reward for good performance

Rewards currently are awful since these are either get and forget or useless stuff. Definitely an area where DE needs to improve.

Modify the syndicate

This could go a long shot since it implies removing the -good on paper but awfully implemented- wall between players new and old to conclave. A measure like this should come with either the removal of the daily cap, or at least changing it so ot isn't affected by mastery rank and low MR players don't see their progress arbitrarily gimped just for their low mastery.

Items costing less would be much appreciated, however, if everything got locked behind a single syndicate rank i'd rather see skins being unlocked through an achievement system (tied to each weapon) while other cosmetics get their price bumped or moved to a similar system to compensate for the removal of rank up sacrifices (also to discourage going straight for them)

Integrate pvp and Stel Path in some way (both lead to teshin) not only for the reward but also for the gameplay. (maybe create SP invasion that could be pvp)

Make Teshin sell steel essence for conclave standing at a decently efficient ratio (6K: 1, probably cheaper if it fails to encourage players or more expensive if we start getting too much essence from him); so we have a lazy way to encourage conclave gameplay with evergreen rewards and no development time spent on new stuff.

Archived