Jump to content

I think it would be interesting, to think about a change in Kunai style weapons


Recommended Posts

I believe that just as there was a change in the Glaives, I believe that it would be interesting also changes in other weapons, for example a style little used in my way of seeing, that are only used for certain games, are the Kunai weapons, I do not know if this really is the category that defines these weapons, but I believe it would be interesting a change.
unknown.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WidePlay said:

I believe that just as there was a change in the Glaives, I believe that it would be interesting also changes in other weapons, for example a style little used in my way of seeing, that are only used for certain games, are the Kunai weapons, I do not know if this really is the category that defines these weapons, but I believe it would be interesting a change.
unknown.png

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bzvqptsf8z00nwfmm96s

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it would be cool, they feel kind of in a bad place right now tbh. I have a multi-forma'd Hikou Prime and it's just... meh, no stats would fix the problems inherent with it tbh. It's a far deeper issue, like daggers, just stat boosts doesn't fix the fact they are a greatly eclipsed weapon type. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So kunai need a change/update. But what are some proposed ideas? 

I can't really imagine what you could add/change that would make sense.

Maybe a measure of autoaim applied to them? 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Guess its a bad thing to express a desire for change. Shame on OP for daring to express a desire for changes without giving specific suggestions of their own /s
You attribute malice to OP by claiming they have a desire to steal ideas when there is no indication or evidence of such intent.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with the OP's post. 

Constructive criticism doesn't always have to have an answer. 

Sure it's great to give ideas and help the devs on a good direction that interests players, that can be helpful, but it isn't really our responsibility as feedback givers to create solutions, that's literally the developers job. 

It's our responsibility, if we see an issue, to say what we think needs changed. We don't always need to be know it all's who think we have the answers up our sleeves. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah there is nothing wrong with the OP's post. 

Constructive criticism doesn't always have to have an answer. 

Sure it's great to give ideas and help the devs on a good direction that interests players, that can be helpful, but it isn't really our responsibility as feedback givers to create solutions, that's literally the developers job. 

It's our responsibility, if we see an issue, to say what we think needs changed. We don't always need to be know it all's who think we have the answers up our sleeves. 

I was thinking a bit more about it and a QOL improvement to kunai might be either innate multishot similar to Cernos Prime or a secondary function on all kunai that throws a bunch of them in one throw (kind of like that gambit gif up top). 

IMO the only real issue with Kunai is that they are single target weapons. Single target weapons, in warframe, have fallen way behind AOE in terms of raw killing potential.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random ideas:

  • Combine ranged and melee function. Equip a throwing secondary without a melee weapon and you're able to use them as a single or double dagger. Possibly convert daggers into this too, with high damage but low reserves (or you can retrieve them from your foe like spearguns when thrown).
  • Like bows, give them innate punchthrough as our warframes can probably throw them harder than a normal person. Could help make them less of a single-target weapon.
  • Give all throwing secondaries some homing function. When you add multi-shot, each individual "shot" can track a different enemy close to your reticule. Increase multishot of all throwing weapons to 2 so that you throw at least two at once.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I was thinking a bit more about it and a QOL improvement to kunai might be either innate multishot similar to Cernos Prime or a secondary function on all kunai that throws a bunch of them in one throw (kind of like that gambit gif up top). 

IMO the only real issue with Kunai is that they are single target weapons. Single target weapons, in warframe, have fallen way behind AOE in terms of raw killing potential.

It would be cool to have an alt fire that lets you throw out a cone of kunai that causes bleeding or something. Or you throw out a tracer knife as an alt fire that guides thrown weapons for a few seconds or something.

Edited by TomCruisesSon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomCruisesSon said:

It would be cool to have an alt fire that lets you throw out a cone of kunai that causes bleeding or something.

Imagine that combined with ability to press buttons/switches with thrown secondaries

Friendship doors your days are over

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

It would be cool to have an alt fire that lets you throw out a cone of kunai that causes bleeding or something.

This is similar to how I would fix Ash's Shurikin to update it for the more horde based Warframe of today, and I think it fits perfectly for Kunai style/throwing blade weapons as well, as they are really all the same general category. 

I have been suggesting for a long time now a press and hold alt fire for Shuriken where it releases a storm of Shurikens in a cone with a high bleed chance. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usually you'd expect the opening post to at least give one idea if they're asking for a change. But anyways...

 

Maybe Hold to charge mechanic?

It'll be thrown with much more force for more damage, and killing shot will nail the target to a wall.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Guess its a bad thing to express a desire for change. Shame on OP for daring to express a desire for changes without giving specific suggestions of their own /s
You attribute malice to OP by claiming they have a desire to steal ideas when there is no indication or evidence of such intent.

... Desire does not represent itself through idleness...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Hacking via kunai would be hilarious and awesome.

If u can think of anything, always think BIG

Throwing them into console on mobile def to hack faster
OR
Throwing them into cryo pod on defense so enemies know they are next and start to run (but i think nekros have some kind of that ability)

 

 

8 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Usually you'd expect the opening post to at least give one idea if they're asking for a change. But anyways...

 

Maybe Hold to charge mechanic?

It'll be thrown with much more force for more damage, and killing shot will nail the target to a wall.

 

I would say stagger on impact with enemy and then deploy elemental effect but no body likes weapons that works after X seconds

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This is similar to how I would fix Ash's Shurikin to update it for the more horde based Warframe of today, and I think it fits perfectly for Kunai style/throwing blade weapons as well, as they are really all the same general category. 

I totally agree.

Shuriken is fairly useful for stripping single targets but this is a horde horde horde game. What use is it to single out targets when tons of enemies are rushing you? It is generally more efficient to focus on the group (even if the AOE option is less effective at killing single targets). 

 

1000 damage to 10 enemies is more useful than 9999 damage to a single enemy (especially if that enemy only has like 3K health... 3 shots kills 10 or 3 shots kills 3...)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

It would be cool to have an alt fire that lets you throw out a cone of kunai that causes bleeding or something. Or you throw out a tracer knife as an alt fire that guides thrown weapons for a few seconds or something.

I mean its not a 3d cone but the Fusilai exists
but yeah Throwing knives can be a pain to use as they have travel time and drop and just are generally weaker than other secondaries

keep in mind I use the Fusilai all the time

Edited by Doom_Gaming
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Throwing knives need love, I agree. Only the Sancti Castanas seem to be doing well (Yes, they're classified as thrown knives, as you can equip the Limbo Deluxe thrown blade skin, and Oscira skin). They at least have a few good qualities, such as very fast reload speed. 

My ideas:

-No drop off and faster flight speed. Easier aim, and lorewise would make sense, since Warframes have incredible arm strength. 

-Infinite body punchthrough

-(Very controversial/dangerous) Increase damage. 

Also, I really, REALLY want Kunai Prime/Prisma Kunai. Stockpiled Blight alone is not enough of a buff for Kunai.

At least, maybe Fusilai Prime will be added alongside Gara Prime. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doom_Gaming said:

I mean its not a 3d cone but the Fusilai exists
but yeah Throwing knives can be a pain to use as they have travel time and drop and just are generally weaker than other secondaries

keep in mind I use the Fusilai all the time

Was not aware the Fusilai did this, good to know thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WidePlay said:

, I do not know if this really is the category that defines these weapons

I believe in Game they are called Throwable Secondaries.... 

They can be Identified by their Ability to use Concealed Explosives

Anyway.... What would you like to see changed about them ? Just Buffs or a Full Rework like Glaives and Shotguns ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where I am at now in the game, is AOE weapons doing splash damage through walls with unlimited ammo.

Glaives do damage in the millions, have autoaim and can be thrown around corners, so you don't get hit - and, do splash damage through walls.

So that's now your minimum baseline to be a viable option.

One thing I said from day 1, is there isn't any reason why all secondaries have to be pistols, or even guns or weapons.

Your throwing knives could be smoke bombs or fireworks or emergency health packs or a magic potion that lays down an icy trail people can slide on for +80% speed, I mean you can do anything that might be fun. Since it's fantasy, there are no rules. Secondary could be ninja climbing spikes or grappling hook or bear traps, I mean it just goes on like that.

It always made me laugh that I have a ranged weapon, then I have a close combat weapon... then I have another weaker ranged weapon? It can - also - shoot, only it's weak and pathetic instead? Okay great.

What about secondary melee? lol, it's gibberish. Missed oppertunity and total lack of imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Was not aware the Fusilai did this, good to know thank you!

It's sort of bad.  It's like whoever put together the stats was afraid to death a fan of knives would be OP.

I enjoy using the altfire with Synth Charge, but even then the weapons feel challenging enough in mid-level stuff I haven't attempted anything difficult with them.

With DE looking at ranged weapon balance, I have a faint hope Concealed Explosives gets buffed or we get an improved mod along those lines for throwing knives.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thrown ranged weapons need some effective utility,

Concealed explosives for example are one such utility with chance to do damage in an area.

Maybe give them effects similar to spear guns (they too are technically thrown weapons) while they are embedded in enemies/surroundings.

Like create a tesla chain,

Or enable "pain share" in a range if embedded in the head.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well first I believe they should still have a niche in stealth, so maybe enhanced stealth damage multipliers for them that way they can dispatch enemies in the one hit thats needed to not alert them however not causing them to be swinging into the meta.
It doesnt make sense for a knife to be able to be aoe so bolstering their single target stats would be an obvious choice. (This is for simple knives)
I feel like full on shuriken homing is a little too much but having them gravitate towards weak points would be a nice change. (this makes longer distance throws more precise)
quite frankly I want to be able to sneak around and dispatch unaware enemies from behind without alerting all the enemies around them.

The goal would be to push their viablility to more aspects of the game, while still maintaining the feel you would expect from a throwing knife.
you could also focus on them being used for utility opening up new ways to deal with threats.

Some more simple/abstract Ideas
-Pull mechanic (can pull out imbeded knives to do damage) (this however would be more likely to end up being its own knife with the alt fire)
-Stealth attacks on head is always a kill on weaker enemies (not bosses)
-Bypass resistances on stealth (shield armour etc)
-crowd control with more knifes imbedded (I doubt a grineer with 1637 knives in him isnt gonna be struggling)
-Thrown knifes that impact a surface act like Ivara's noise arrow drawing enemies nearby rather than alerting them, allowing you to draw them to a more vulnerable position
-Speed up travel times and decrease bullet drop
-Increase crit and status stats for both normal and alt fires (Im looking at you lowered crit damage, crit chance, and status chance on your ALT fire Fusilai)
-enemies no longer notice the projectile both in air and imbeded (exception being when sticking out of a enemy doubt you wouldnt notice that)

anyway those are just some ideas I thought up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I believe in Game they are called Throwable Secondaries.... 

They can be Identified by their Ability to use Concealed Explosives

Anyway.... What would you like to see changed about them ? Just Buffs or a Full Rework like Glaives and Shotguns ?

I think about a rework, but I am not smart enough to be able to create a post with attributes or statistics, I just want Warframe to one day have all weapons usable in all modes, because there are many types of weapons that are not used often because they do not do enough damage. I believe it would be very nice, to be able to choose the type of weapon based on taste, and not be forced to follow stronger weapon targets.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...