Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Before I start I wanna say that Volt is my starter frame and I like playing as him. He can be really useful in a lot of situations. I just happen to feel that some abilities could be tweaked to be more fun for the player and less annoying for his squadmates. If you like Volt's abilities the way they are and think that my ideas or 100% unnecessary then I respect your opinion. Although I beg that you at least give me the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Semi auto lightning is kinda lame and the chain lightning makes it too similar to the 4th ability which is also a lightning AOE attack that is single fire. If the first ability for Volt was instead a continuous lightning bolt akin to a Sith Lord it would lose chain lightning in exchange for continuous cast and energy drain. You would be able to mod for range to increase how far you can shoot it and strength to increase damage. Duration and efficiency would work similarly to Ivara prowl and make it easier to keep firing. DE can decide the damage and energy drain however they feel is balanced. Even if it had low damage and high cost I could theoretically still use efficiency mods and duration mods to play low level missions and pretend I'm Zeus so I'd be fine with it.

Also I noticed people hate doing backflips 24/7 in public lobbies because the group speed is irritating for them and it has to be low duration for balance reasons. This causes volt to have to keep recasting which makes people have to backflip essentially every 10 seconds. Maybe reverting Volt's 2nd ability to its predecessor is the best choice for annoyance in pubs and to remain balanced. 

Volt's shield augment is really good and his 4th ability can be good too. I've never gotten much use out of his first ability though since 4th is blatantly superior. Speed would be even more amazing if it lasted longer after all reload speed and melee speed are really good, and capture missions require high speed to be efficient.

If you agreed with any of my suggestions or thoughts please inform me. If you disagreed with anything let me know your suggestions, are things fine as they are?

• Like 2

if people are annoyed by Volt's Speed, it should be a setting for the other player to choose if he wants to opt in by default, like what they did with the tap/hold config.

There are other frames where is quite annoying to be the target of a skill (Limbo's 1, some people also don't like Ivara's invisibility arrow, Nekros players with an Oberon in the team).

I really like having the buff when I don't play Volt myself, but it shouldn't fall into Volt to decide if other players should opt in or not.

Edited by syl42
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, syl42 said:

I really like having the buff when I don't play Volt myself, but it shouldn't fall into Volt to decide if other players should opt in or not.

This. It really shouldn't be the case that one player has to hold themselves back in order to make other players happy. I like Volt's speed boost. It gives reload speed as well which is great. I agree that the short duration and large radius causes people to have to constantly be doing back flips if they want out of it, and that's annoying. But Volt is a squishy frame, and speed is one of his ways of avoiding damage. I can either do that or sink tons of energy into trying to surround myself with shields. I prefer speed.

On 2021-04-07 at 4:04 AM, Kaggelos said:

Yes. Me likes.

Also how about instead of a chained channelled lightning.

A rapid firing burst of x lightning strikes per cast, to act similar to cole McGrath in the old infamous games :D

8 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Also how about instead of a chained channelled lightning.

A rapid firing burst of x lightning strikes per cast, to act similar to cole McGrath in the old infamous games :D

YES I love those games I beat infamous 2 multiple times.

On 2021-04-07 at 4:12 AM, syl42 said:

if people are annoyed by Volt's Speed, it should be a setting for the other player to choose if he wants to opt in by default, like what they did with the tap/hold config.

There are other frames where is quite annoying to be the target of a skill (Limbo's 1, some people also don't like Ivara's invisibility arrow, Nekros players with an Oberon in the team).

This as well as more duration.

On 2021-04-07 at 1:54 AM, Aquilcier said:

Semi auto lightning is kinda lame and the chain lightning makes it too similar to the 4th ability which is also a lightning AOE attack that is single fire. If the first ability for Volt was instead a continuous lightning bolt akin to a Sith Lord it would lose chain lightning in exchange for continuous cast and energy drain. You would be able to mod for range to increase how far you can shoot it and strength to increase damage. Duration and efficiency would work similarly to Ivara prowl and make it easier to keep firing. DE can decide the damage and energy drain however they feel is balanced. Even if it had low damage and high cost I could theoretically still use efficiency mods and duration mods to play low level missions and pretend I'm Zeus so I'd be fine with it.

Continuous firing is lame as well ;)

I like short stun and low energy cost of this ability (nice for Helminth).

In my opinion one thing that Volt needs is a change to his passive, make his passive absorb all the damage dealt to his 3 and let em deal it in one big boom with his 4 or in a continious beam with his 1. and with that all the sudden volt will be pretty relevant at high levels! also his 2 should affect parkour speed, knock back recovery and weapon switch speed!

On 2021-04-07 at 1:42 PM, syl42 said:

if people are annoyed by Volt's Speed

Just if devoloper have made something to put you out of volt speed, i wonder! it is almost like doing a backflip will opt you out of volt speed!

Le 08/04/2021 à 01:20, xZeromusx a dit :

This. It really shouldn't be the case that one player has to hold themselves back in order to make other players happy. I like Volt's speed boost. It gives reload speed as well which is great. I agree that the short duration and large radius causes people to have to constantly be doing back flips if they want out of it, and that's annoying. But Volt is a squishy frame, and speed is one of his ways of avoiding damage. I can either do that or sink tons of energy into trying to surround myself with shields. I prefer speed.

That's my build.

Adaptation does wonders, I just cast Pillage when I lose my shield.

He's quite tanky like that, but anything is tanky with Adaptation and a way to replenish shield (unless you do Steel Path for 1+ hour, then you need to abuse shield gating)

8 hours ago, syl42 said:

That's my build.

Adaptation does wonders, I just cast Pillage when I lose my shield.

He's quite tanky like that, but anything is tanky with Adaptation and a way to replenish shield (unless you do Steel Path for 1+ hour, then you need to abuse shield gating)

To be honest, pretty much every frame with Adaptation is fine in any content that isn't Steel Path. It's more about how he is when compared to other frames too.

I also make use of shield gating regularly anyways by running Brief Respite in his build rather than Sprint Boost.

When I say that speed is a means of his damage avoidance, I also think there is a limit to that as well, where too much speed does become more harmful than helpful. Running into walls and obstacles in a game where map clutter is plentiful can cause you to get pinned down unintentionally, which is why I avoid boosting his speed with mods and just use Speed instead.

I also thought about going Narrowminded as well, since it would lessen the reach of Speed, and increase the duration significantly, as well as the duration of Electric Shield. My only issue with that is the absolute nerf to Discharge. I suppose I could change it out with my favorite support ability: Dispensary, and create a heavy bunker build with super long lasting shields that I can electrify with Shock, long lasting, low range Speed as well as infinite use of archguns, health orbs always on stand by, and infinite energy thanks to Dispensary.

What I'm talking about

Edited by xZeromusx

Since I'm playing a shield build, I replaced Discharge by Pillage, since it's synergize well with duration and strength, and doesn't really care about range.

This gives me 2300 overshield and synergize well with Adaptation and Arcane Aegis.

Shock Trooper is a free mod slot if I need a damage boost, but this could be replaced.

I don't have any problem with energy with the duration I have, Speed last 25s, so no need for Energize. I do use Zenurik though, but I'm playing a Heavy Attack build with Stropha.

To be honest, I think I'm gonna change my Volt to the Narrowminded build. I have what I think might be an unhealthy love for the Mausolon and Dispensary, and this is kind of an excuse to go ahead and take the plunge on yet another Warframe. Probably only need 1 forma to adjust my current build for it too.

Edited by xZeromusx
On 2021-04-09 at 12:30 PM, Xikto said:

In my opinion one thing that Volt needs is a change to his passive, make his passive absorb all the damage dealt to his 3 and let em deal it in one big boom with his 4 or in a continious beam with his 1. and with that all the sudden volt will be pretty relevant at high levels! also his 2 should affect parkour speed, knock back recovery and weapon switch speed!

Just if devoloper have made something to put you out of volt speed, i wonder! it is almost like doing a backflip will opt you out of volt speed!

Did you not read???