Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Needs More Search Functions

WarHeroman

The game is expanding every update new mods new equipment new parts and you cant keep making new icons and shortcuts for every new thing that comes into the game it will swell so much and there will be so many icons it will get flooded and cluttered.

The only way I see from examples from other games is to introduce a search box in certain areas, I am amassing so much gear it is getting so time consuming to try and find anything quickly or when someone asks me do I have something I have to tell them to wait while I find it out.

Do you have this mod ? 3000+ mods give me a minute to check lol

We already have a drop down box with titles:

Can they Simply Add new ones as they are developed implemented into game at same time ?

Recent

Rating

Price

Name

Type

Nightmare

Corrupted

ETC

Etc

etc

I go into inventory and 90% of what I have is chucked in there with no heading or category if they are not going to make more icons or shortcuts or segment and compartmentalise things better then at least give us the ability to search for it faster.

Also from a technical standpoint when I try and scroll down a screen with 3000+ mods my computer struggles a bit and its slow and getting slower with each 1k I amass I am sure this puts demands on graphic card and cpu trying to scroll 1000's of mods on screen the search function would help with memory problems.

Edited by WarHeroman

I think the only way to effectively sort, search and understand this system is a UI based on a 3 dimensional array. 

With top table being one of three views depending on what Function your in: Arsenal (warframe) mods (mods) and Equip (weapons).  3rd dimension is represented by an icon that creates a popup with smaller pictures of the icons for weapons, mods and warframes.  Then to sort through the interface with categories like they have in foundry and mods.  As well as a search box and a bookmark system to label items.  Plus to reduce cpu, duplicate items are stacked, with stacks being able to be split.  (auto split when different level and when 2 separate duplicate mods are installed on 2 different weapons.)

But agree search box please.  Cause even by name becomes needle in haystack.

Edited by Mhykiel

I think the only way to effectively sort, search and understand this system is a UI based on a 3 dimensional array. 

With top table being one of three views depending on what Function your in: Arsenal (warframe) mods (mods) and Equip (weapons).  3rd dimension is represented by an icon that creates a popup with smaller pictures of the icons for weapons, mods and warframes.  Then to sort through the interface with categories like they have in foundry and mods.  As well as a search box and a bookmark system to label items.  Plus to reduce cpu, duplicate items are stacked, with stacks being able to be split.  (auto split when different level and when 2 separate duplicate mods are installed on 2 different weapons.)

But agree search box please.  Cause even by name becomes needle in haystack.

Yes you have some nice ideas concepts, Yes the duplicate is the major issue seeing of the 3300 + mods I have 2900+ are duplicates there lies the problem of cpu loading , Good thing is atm that duplicates when equipping in weapons and frame area it already only shows only the ones you are using and have spent points on imagine if it showed all available ones ie the duplicates, I still would personally like a better way to see the difference in mods I have spent points on as they look very similar atm. 

I just got done looking at the equip and mods screen.  And the only additional suggestion to the UI is a search box and stacking duplicates..

I think the Mod menu should is great looking and be Repeated as the view for weapons as well.  If you scroll through the mods some have the equipped icon in the lower right corner.  Mousing over this you can see what the mod is equipped to.  and it has categories at the top.