Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for new/improved passives

Hierarch777

Some of the current passives are... Not very meaningful. 

I'll pitch in some new/improved ones:

Rhino - Each step he takes causes a shockwave which procs impact in a 5m radius. Hard landings create a 15m knockdown.

Ash - Finisher kills grant Ash 75% evasion

Excalibur - When wielding swords, nikanas & rapiers (both one handed and two handed), gain 360° blocking angle. 

Revenant - When shields break, blind enemies within 15m for 15s. Can occur after fully recharging shields. 

Nyx - Emit a 10m aura that has a 33% chance to proc Radiation every second. 

Frost - Emits a 5m aura which procs Cold upon enemies every second. 

Trinity - All in her squad (including you) come back to life after 10 seconds, with a 90 second cooldown for each member.

Saryn - Gain 3% movement speed for every enemy afflicted by status effects. 

Mag - 15m Loot magnet. 

Loki - Being invisible engages shield regen which cannot be interrupted. 

Nova - Knockdown shockwave radius increased to 10m and now ragdolls instead.

Equinox - Health and Energy orbs within 5m of you turn into Universal orbs. 

No offense, but I'm not a fan of most of these tbh. 

The Equinox one could be an interesting addition to her current passive, but it would probably have to be on a cooldown for balance. 

I think some of the ones you listed don't really need any attention imo, here is my list of frames that even need a passive change and why: 

Needs a passive rework: 

Frost (worst passive in the game BY FAR, removing it would practically be a better passive) 

Inaros (just the awful sarcophagi mess, the other half is fine)

Loki because it's useless except for like that one hold my beer challenge for rivens

Oberon (controversial, might be alright if pets were in a better place, but a lot of people would like a more paladin themed passive)

Revenant, the magnetic waters thing is cool flavor, but his real passive needs a rework, it conflicts too much with Mesmer Skin 

Hydroid (tentacle passive is cool for loot farming, so this is controversial to some, but it's really not in a great place and requires a slam attack strategy with hammers) 

Rhino, because his passive is trash (I think you are on the right track, but I'm not sure your idea works there idk) 

Then, frames where the passive could maybe just use a little bit of scaling in a couple places to feel slightly more noticeable: 

Volt

Excalibur

Nova (knockdown damage)

Maybe Equinox's equilibrium effect

Mesa (especially the silly health bonus) 

Some of these are just plain nuts.

Rhino causing constant/permanent impact procs just for walking is absurd, Excalibur with a 360 degree blocking angle is functionally immortal, and Trinity's is just plain insane. I mean Oberon has to sacrifice a slot for an Augment that does roughly the same thing.

They need better passives, but not ones that fundamentally go off-the-rails crazy just for the sake of it.

9 минут назад, Teliko_Freedman сказал:

Valkyr's passive is basically get up faster from being knocked down.

I think Valkitty's passive should be adjusted to, can't be knocked down. Personally I put Primed Surefoot, but I think having that built in is too much.

Have it as more like, always lands on her feet.

*Laughs in Atlas*
I really don’t like suggestion for Ash, it’s kinda part of his 2 already and you want to take away his nice passive that increases bleed dots (SS+ tier status).

Taking away Oberon augment and givibg it for free to Trinity also not very nice.

You either trying make broken passives Rhino(so much of brainless CC is really too much), Saryn(I can imagine this 120% speed bonus in Sanctuary), Trinity (Already told), Excalibur (360 degree block? Can you imagine how broken is it lol) or still pretty useless Ash(described already), Equinox(Who caress about orbs now, lol?), Nyx (Pretty pointless as you try to sustain 3 all the time) , Loki (What is it supposed to actually do and why? Loki only dies to AoE one-shots or poison procs), Revenant (Simply because you trying to avoid any damage at all with his skin), Frost (Still doesn’t do much).

I know all of us want our favorite warframes to have such great passives as Hildryn,or Wukong have, but we better just expect something like Zephyr’s one at best -very nice but nothing super balance  breaking like perma-stun or double speed

I am gonna put my passive suggestion here too. As we all know Grendel does not have an actual passive. The extra 50 armor point bonus would be better off be included into feast. A Warframe passive should not rely on ONE ability to function properly. I can exclude Protea because you can activate her passive with any of her abilities.

New Passive : energy orbs, health orbs, ammo packs gives twice the amount when picked up by Grendel.

This goes well with his "Gluttonous" theme and help combats his massive exponential energy drain.

18 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Some of the current passives are... Not very meaningful. 

I'll pitch in some new/improved ones:

Rhino - Each step he takes causes a shockwave which procs impact in a 5m radius. Hard landings create a 15m knockdown.

Ash - Finisher kills grant Ash 75% evasion

Excalibur - When wielding swords, nikanas & rapiers (both one handed and two handed), gain 360° blocking angle. 

Revenant - When shields break, blind enemies within 15m for 15s. Can occur after fully recharging shields. 

Nyx - Emit a 10m aura that has a 33% chance to proc Radiation every second. 

Frost - Emits a 5m aura which procs Cold upon enemies every second. 

Trinity - All in her squad (including you) come back to life after 10 seconds, with a 90 second cooldown for each member.

Saryn - Gain 3% movement speed for every enemy afflicted by status effects. 

Mag - 15m Loot magnet. 

Loki - Being invisible engages shield regen which cannot be interrupted. 

Nova - Knockdown shockwave radius increased to 10m and now ragdolls instead.

Equinox - Health and Energy orbs within 5m of you turn into Universal orbs. 

Okay, Imma give my personal thoughts on all of these and you can take it how you like.

Rhino- 5m is a tad big ngl.. I'd hit around 3m and make it to where it goes to 4m while sprinting

Ash's is fine as is tbh, it's current is pretty powerful and evasion is as fun as blast damage on a beam weapon

Excal - Why do people keep suggesting this??? I myself think it'd be a dum and weird to animate.. I suggested that the "first hit on an enemy from melee does 1.5x damage and counts for 5 combo counters" which would encourage him to use his swords and would make them more powerful, ect.

Revenant - that's nice

Nyx - nice
Frost - Please DE

Trinity - Sounds kinda... no just no, sounds like some frankenstein aura mod ngl, I'd say that allies in 5m of her are healed 5hp/s and downed allies 5m of her are resurrected by her presence at a 175%% faster rate, so her revives could be a lil automated and special, her current passive is useless, not even noticeable

Saryn - Her legs would be burning xD, I think her current passive is perfect as is, I myself have no ideas tbh since her's is great 

Mag - 15m loot magnet would be nice but eh, just walk a few feet with your sentinel and who cares? Most passives are an issue since usually there's a mod that does it exactly(Loki/Rhino) and aren't that good so I think this would be similar since ppl already complain for that exact reason. My suggestion is a 20% chance per projectile to collect enemy projectiles that enter a 3m "ring" (think nezha's halo) that orbits her , either make them disappear over time or allow them to be used in her abilities.. it would passively do what one of her abilities do while givin her a possible invulnerability to some projectiles

Loki - Shield regen for being invisble sounds like it'd be better on Octavia or somethin tbh, on Loki I myself think "Decoy's health grows by .75x per enemy in a 10m range", Loki mains are gonna go nuts about this, but honestly they need to make decoy invincible either way so let's act like I didn't say that, "Loki's invisibility's duration is increased by .5 per stealth kill"

Nova- nice

Equinox - I feel like an innate equilibrium is good but either her passive needs to be upped from 5% tradeoff to a 20% or something, if not than yeah, universal, equilibrium matches her too perfectly for me to want to abandon but universal is something I'd like nonetheless

Archived