Oberon......... suggestion for a small ,quality of life, tweak.

Hi all, Oberon is a bit underwhelming as a frame and hasn't been reworked in ages. So do you think it would be too much to ask if his passive ability was to also affect sentinels as well? It's a small change but for people like me , who main an Oberon and use a sentinel , it would be a nice little improvement.

14 minutes ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all, Oberon is a bit underwhelming as a frame and hasn't been reworked in ages. So do you think it would be too much to ask if his passive ability was to also affect sentinels as well? It's a small change but for people like me , who main an Oberon and use a sentinel , it would be a nice little improvement.

wait wut? Oberon is more than good. There's really no reason for him to be reworked at all.

I think that you kind of set the tone for your discussion when you called Oberon underwhelming right out of the gate. As frames go, he's considered to be on the higher end of things due to having a lot of radiation damage which is good against Grineer, armor stripping, coupled with a powerful HOT and armor buff for allies. I can turn a banshee into a valkyr with my Iron Renewal.

As for your change, I actually would like to see that happen. But more, I think the companion system still needs to reworked, and I believe they said they would be doing something with them soon. That said, the head ache of your kubrow or kavat style companion running off into a nullifier bubble and losing the HOT and armor you just painstakingly applied to them is infuriating, and enough to make one use Sentinels regardless of his passive.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Any opinion on my suggestion?

tbf I don't think it would cause a problem, though passive heal stuff doesn't normally heal pets does it?

I probably should have mentioned in my main post that while I feel Oberon is fine, the change would be no big deal. Sorry. :P

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Change for the sake of having a "change" is rarely good. You asked for an opinion on your suggestion with an improved passive, then I throw the question back at you, what parts of Oberon do you feel it being underwhelming and warrant a change?

Oberon is a hybrid DPS frame with the Paladin class archtype design and sits at a very comfortable spot. His armor buffs, heals, status immunity and instant revives are one of the best any frame could offer and has interesting synergies that isn't a "one button=win" design. With his Smite augment, Oberon's 1 is an amazing ability that people also race to subsume onto their other frames (well mostly for Eidolon hunting, but the fact still stands). Oberon is often seen in endgame content, duration missions, and missions with defense objectives too.

I'm not sure why you think Oberon feels underwhelming to you, nor do I understand why "hasn't been reworked in ages" means it should get one. The passive improvement suggestion is interesting, but it doesn't fit the theme of a protector of nature, nor does it bring anything new to the table that would fix an "underwhelming" issue.

Edited by f0ba
2 hours ago, f0ba said:

Change for the sake of having a "change" is rarely good. You asked for an opinion on your suggestion with an improved passive, then I throw the question back at you, what parts of Oberon do you feel it being underwhelming and warrant a change?

Oberon is a hybrid DPS frame with the Paladin class archtype design and sits at a very comfortable spot. His armor buffs, heals, status immunity and instant revives are one of the best any frame could offer and has interesting synergies that isn't a "one button=win" design. With his Smite augment, Oberon's 1 is an amazing ability that people also race to subsume onto their other frames (well mostly for Eidolon hunting, but the fact still stands). Oberon is often seen in endgame content, duration missions, and missions with defense objectives too.

I'm not sure why you think Oberon feels underwhelming to you, nor do I understand why "hasn't been reworked in ages" means it should get one. The passive improvement suggestion is interesting, but it doesn't fit the theme of a protector of nature, nor does it bring anything new to the table that would fix an "underwhelming" issue.

While I agree that OP's approach was hamfisted, the suggestion is a relatively minor change, and as they said, a QoL issue. I don't think it affects the theme of Oberon, just allows him to keep sentinels up with healing, which honestly makes sense for a "healer."

14 hours ago, f0ba said:

Oberon is often seen in endgame content, duration missions, and missions with defense objectives too.

Except for the fact he isn't. Oberon has a lot of his usage used at lower MRs, due to how easy he was to get, and Oberon P. sees little use.

It also makes no sense to even mention subsuming him, because if you're using the augment on another Warframe, you aren't using Oberon...

Wisp is better than Oberon in 99.9% of the game's content, and she does a better job of keeping both beast and sentinels alive, as well as objectives. All before considering she has access to stealth, weapon dps increase that doesn't take up a mod slot, mobility, cc, insane damage potential of her own, and can be permanently immune to damage altogether.

Anyone that's used every Warframe would be able to see why he's underwhelming, even if you looked only at supportive Warframes.

Although, his passive not functioning for sentinels is the least of his problems.