Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Warframe to die to?

Of all of the Tenno's Warframes and their accompanying weaponry, I've been thinking about which Warframe is responsible for the worst/most painful/most grueling deaths.

At first I was thinking something like Loki, where you hear a dull thud and turn around to see the fellow Grineer behind you has fallen over dead. Behind him are two more bodies, lying in a pool of blood, making no sound. Was that sound footsteps? You grip your Karak tightly, your finger pressed to the trigger... and then your Karak is out of your hands, whisked away like your hands were a magnet of the same polarity. You have only your old combat knife now. You wait for the strike, but after a moment of nothing you lose your nerve and start to run. Then you feel a sharp pain in your neck and a hand pulling you backwards, as you noiselessly choke and everything goes black.

Then I thought about Gara, where you're coated in hot glass that then hardens super quickly... You're alive for a moment, unable to move but able to see out of your suffocating transparent prison. One by one, you see Gara and her allies smash your fellow soldiers into pieces, getting closer and closer... and then...

Being frozen solid inside your suit, being immolated in flames, having every molecule in your body burst outwards, being crushed, being torn limb from limb by powerful claws, having your very soul be shoved out of your body, being turned to stone, being drowned, being blasted with low-frequency sound that bursts your eardrums and organs, being electrocuted... these aren't even all of the ways you could die to a Tenno. So what's the worst one?

The cinematic trailer really makes Mag's crush horrifying in HD. Just being lifted up and crushed into a little ball with no regard for what happens to the innards in relation - ouch!

Still, you already mentioned a fair few of the horrible ways enemies have to die against warframes.

4 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Dying to Saryn nuke farts must be a really horrible, embarassing and unoriginal way to die.

What a surprisingly light way to refer to the mass biological war-crimes that is Saryn's terrifying existence. I for one wouldn't want to be infected and dissolved by a monster of viral horror shaped in the facsimile of a once-shapely woman, but that's just me.

For the worst one...well, I think there are a few yes. As @-CdG-Zilchy mentioned, being slowly bled out as a health source for a pain-vampire is bad, but I think the worst one would be a Corpus unit facing Valkyr.

Just imagining the rage simmering inside and seeing a foe wearing the coveralls of so many of the grunts that walked by as she was vivisected...finally being allowed to express that rage... They'd just be walking by, maybe responding to an alarm, and all of a sudden as they get close they hear nothing but screams and the swish of blood splattering surfaces. They get to the room, dera at the ready, and see a hunched form clawing mindlessly at a corpse already spread across most of the walls, along with the rest of their compatriots. It wasn't a clean death. None of them were.

A catlike head looks up, energy wreathed around its body in a red like the physical representation of the inner fury expressed in every eerily-feminine scream...

It would be a mercy if those claws were the last thing they saw. No, that frame would want them to suffer just like she had suffered.

Valkyr took the 'Exterminate' part of the mission very seriously.

2 hours ago, (PSN)GrandisSupernus said:

you hear a dull thud and turn around to see the fellow Grineer behind you has fallen over dead. Behind him are two more bodies, lying in a pool of blood, making no sound. Was that sound footsteps? You grip your Karak tightly, your finger pressed to the trigger... and then your Karak is out of your hands, whisked away like your hands were a magnet of the same polarity. You have only your old combat knife now. You wait for the strike, but after a moment of nothing you lose your nerve and start to run. Then you feel a sharp pain in your neck and a hand pulling you backwards, as you noiselessly choke and everything goes black.

This is some very nice writing, allow my to offer my own along the same vein:

It's become routine. You and your friends in the 8607th are patrolling the data stations one more time before the next group take over. Sometimes you wish the orders were more exciting, more... dangerous. Nothing ever happens here in Saturn's rings. You turn another corner, seeing the same sight already for the tenth time. You haven't seen action even once since the day you stumbled from your cloning vat, heaving the amniotic nutrient fluid as you struggled in your first attempt to breathe gaseous air. Every Grineer battalion is typically comprised of at at least fifty percent combat veterans, at least ten thousand who have fought the corpus face to face - usually on the inner planets. You are not one of them, and it's easy to tell from the lack of tell-tale scorch marks where Corpus flux rifle beams leave their straight burned lines on Grineer armor. The group turns another corner, greeted with another familiar, boring sight. Every battalion also has one or two soldiers who claim to have seen something far worse than Corpus greed, the Tenno. The stories are so gruesome, so visceral, and so rare that nobody believes them. In-vitro behavioral conditioning is known to include induced memories that enhance loyalty to the Queens, reduce dissent, and bolster a feeling of camaraderie among fellow troops. It's common knowledge that these "Tenno" memories are induced in a small percentage of clone troops in order to prevent complacency. But still, those with the memories are so convinced, sometimes you feel there might be something there.

Your thoughts drifting, you find yourself near the rear of the group as you approach a narrow doorway in the galleon. This group has been together for nearly six years already, and you feel comfortable with them. Three are veterans carrying straight line scorches as a badge of honor, and the remaining four - yourself included - are constantly lectured about maintaining awareness, using cover effectively, when to use grenades, and a myriad of other battle tactics. You don't mind the lectures, in fact you enjoy them. Any information can prove valuable in a moment of intense fighting, and you are eager to earn your own flux rifle scorch marks, or "stripes" as they are often called. After the narrow doorway, the group ahead spreads out, with you bringing up the rear. Between your heavily armored friends, you can see the data terminal up ahead, the distinctive yellow glow against the olive drab background of the galleon providing yet another unnecessary reminder of the boredom here in Saturn's rings. With the rest of the group in front of you, you feel a sense of belonging. There is a light patter of metallic footsteps behind you, and you turn around just in time to see something you have never seen before.

There is a being, in shape not unlike the Scorpion class Grineer, females with light armor made to fit their body type. This one is different. It is fully metallic, with an ornate helmet including a long silvery crown that stretches far beyond the back of the creature's head. The body itself is slender and feminine, with small and sharp outcroppings near the top of the legs. Your friends are walking ahead to the terminal, completing the mundane circuit unaware of the newcomer. Your memory serves its purpose. After listening to countless stories about Corpus invasions and a handful of very descriptive induced memories of murderous Tenno, your mind quickly decides that the creature you see fits the description of a Tenno. In fact, your observations let you categorize even further. This Tenno is a Nyx.

All of this happened in a split second. You heard the footsteps, turned and observed. Your training kicks in and within the normal reaction time you raise your Hind to the enemy and begin the process of yelling to alert your friends. Unfortunately, you never fire your weapon at the enemy, and you never alert your comrades to the threat. The Nyx saw you first. It locks you with its gaze and holds out an inviting hand that pulls energy tendrils straight from the air. Tendrils that reach all the way back to you. To your mind. You clasp your ears and curl your head towards your chest in shock as you struggle to deafen the new voice inside. Your resistance has no effect. Your body is now glowing with the color of the energy tendrils, and the Nyx points its weapon at you. Of course, you expect to die, but you don't, not yet. Your fate is much worse.

The Tenno fires its silent weapon at you, and you feel an energy growing within you, an energy which extends to your weapon. The trusty Hind that you practiced with for so many hours is suddenly capable of far more damage than its engineering would allow. Reacting to the commotion over the last half-second, your friends all turn to face you. They cannot see the Nyx, who is now crouched and hidden behind the narrow doorframe. Instead they see you. They see their friend, with a weapon pointed straight at them. They cannot understand, and neither can you. Your actions are not your own. With tears streaming down your face, and no control of your body, you open fire and watch as one by one all of your friends are gunned down by your own hands. 

The Nyx is finished with you, and releases control. In your last living moment the built up, stored energy is turned inward and you are killed. Your friends all share the same final memory. You betrayed them and murdered them all in cold blood. Your last memory is knowing that your friends will never know why.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

inside grendel stomach getting slowly digested

Oh, God, yes. Slow, excruciatingly painful, disgusting and embarrassing all in one. Sort of like the legendary Bronze Bull device, only with more stomach acid. And chewing...  🦷☠️ 

I thought of another one, but next to Grendel it doesn't seem nearly as bad... Equinox Day's Maim (their 4). You're walking around, and then a wobbly effect goes over you and suddenly you're suffering a literal "death by a thousand cuts". This imperceptible field is slicing you apart, covering you in dozens of lacerations. Whether you die quickly or not-so-quickly, I still wouldn't want to be in that scenario.

• Be me, corpus grunt, just trying to pay down my debts as a security guard
  • Head feels weird suddenly
  • Some weird robot lady in front of me, pointing a gun at me
  • Fills me with 5000 bullets
  • I feel stronger? What?
  • I turn to my friend and shoot him
  • Knew that guy for 20 years
  • He's dead
  • I killed him
  • Jesus christ
  • I die from previously established 5000 bullet wounds
  • Last thing I hear as I pass out is a child saying "We fought with honour"

Nyx is cold, man.

9 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

This is some very nice writing, allow my to offer my own along the same vein:

It's become routine. You and your friends in the 8607th are patrolling the data stations one more time before the next group take over. Sometimes you wish the orders were more exciting, more... dangerous. Nothing ever happens here in Saturn's rings. You turn another corner, seeing the same sight already for the tenth time. You haven't seen action even once since the day you stumbled from your cloning vat, heaving the amniotic nutrient fluid as you struggled in your first attempt to breathe gaseous air. Every Grineer battalion is typically comprised of at at least fifty percent combat veterans, at least ten thousand who have fought the corpus face to face - usually on the inner planets. You are not one of them, and it's easy to tell from the lack of tell-tale scorch marks where Corpus flux rifle beams leave their straight burned lines on Grineer armor. The group turns another corner, greeted with another familiar, boring sight. Every battalion also has one or two soldiers who claim to have seen something far worse than Corpus greed, the Tenno. The stories are so gruesome, so visceral, and so rare that nobody believes them. In-vitro behavioral conditioning is known to include induced memories that enhance loyalty to the Queens, reduce dissent, and bolster a feeling of camaraderie among fellow troops. It's common knowledge that these "Tenno" memories are induced in a small percentage of clone troops in order to prevent complacency. But still, those with the memories are so convinced, sometimes you feel there might be something there.

Your thoughts drifting, you find yourself near the rear of the group as you approach a narrow doorway in the galleon. This group has been together for nearly six years already, and you feel comfortable with them. Three are veterans carrying straight line scorches as a badge of honor, and the remaining four - yourself included - are constantly lectured about maintaining awareness, using cover effectively, when to use grenades, and a myriad of other battle tactics. You don't mind the lectures, in fact you enjoy them. Any information can prove valuable in a moment of intense fighting, and you are eager to earn your own flux rifle scorch marks, or "stripes" as they are often called. After the narrow doorway, the group ahead spreads out, with you bringing up the rear. Between your heavily armored friends, you can see the data terminal up ahead, the distinctive yellow glow against the olive drab background of the galleon providing yet another unnecessary reminder of the boredom here in Saturn's rings. With the rest of the group in front of you, you feel a sense of belonging. There is a light patter of metallic footsteps behind you, and you turn around just in time to see something you have never seen before.

There is a being, in shape not unlike the Scorpion class Grineer, females with light armor made to fit their body type. This one is different. It is fully metallic, with an ornate helmet including a long silvery crown that stretches far beyond the back of the creature's head. The body itself is slender and feminine, with small and sharp outcroppings near the top of the legs. Your friends are walking ahead to the terminal, completing the mundane circuit unaware of the newcomer. Your memory serves its purpose. After listening to countless stories about Corpus invasions and a handful of very descriptive induced memories of murderous Tenno, your mind quickly decides that the creature you see fits the description of a Tenno. In fact, your observations let you categorize even further. This Tenno is a Nyx.

All of this happened in a split second. You heard the footsteps, turned and observed. Your training kicks in and within the normal reaction time you raise your Hind to the enemy and begin the process of yelling to alert your friends. Unfortunately, you never fire your weapon at the enemy, and you never alert your comrades to the threat. The Nyx saw you first. It locks you with its gaze and holds out an inviting hand that pulls energy tendrils straight from the air. Tendrils that reach all the way back to you. To your mind. You clasp your ears and curl your head towards your chest in shock as you struggle to deafen the new voice inside. Your resistance has no effect. Your body is now glowing with the color of the energy tendrils, and the Nyx points its weapon at you. Of course, you expect to die, but you don't, not yet. Your fate is much worse.

The Tenno fires its silent weapon at you, and you feel an energy growing within you, an energy which extends to your weapon. The trusty Hind that you practiced with for so many hours is suddenly capable of far more damage than its engineering would allow. Reacting to the commotion over the last half-second, your friends all turn to face you. They cannot see the Nyx, who is now crouched and hidden behind the narrow doorframe. Instead they see you. They see their friend, with a weapon pointed straight at them. They cannot understand, and neither can you. Your actions are not your own. With tears streaming down your face, and no control of your body, you open fire and watch as one by one all of your friends are gunned down by your own hands. 

The Nyx is finished with you, and releases control. In your last living moment the built up, stored energy is turned inward and you are killed. Your friends all share the same final memory. You betrayed them and murdered them all in cold blood. Your last memory is knowing that your friends will never know why.

I know one thing for sure, if I'm a lowly grineer I don't want to be fkn killed by you. With that kind of creative mind my death would be horrifying...

Also bravo, love it.

2 hours ago, (PSN)GrandisSupernus said:

Of all of the Tenno's Warframes and their accompanying weaponry, I've been thinking about which Warframe is responsible for the worst/most painful/most grueling deaths.

Gara

The most any other Warframe can do is just kill you. Body hits the ground (if it isn't disintegrated), and off to the Void with your soul. There might be some pain beforehand, but it's the mere physical pain. Not all that different from being shot or slashed.

Not Gara. She tortures you with the most terrifying, horrific thing in all of existence:

Spoiler

Lorewise there are quite a few horrible ends you could find against some warframes, ignoring the gameplay aspect here for a second. From being slowly turned into sand by inaros, corroding into a pile of goo by saryn but possibly the worst one could be nekros because the fear he instills in his enemies is unnatural and absolute.

Saryn. Viral infection slowly eats you from the inside and Corrosive Spore melts your skin and consumes your flesh. Not to mention you will never see it coming. Once your kin next to you gets infected, you can only pray those essential oil you take everyday actually works.

Hmm, love the narrative there! Thought of another suitably bad one. Time to make it more consistent prose-wise.

The Corpus ship was largely silent but for the usual routines of wage-slaves at work. It wasn't a good living, but it was better than many received, and results had been good that quarter. The captain was pleased, which meant the crew was pleased. It was bad enough being near enough to any planet Alad V had his eyes on, but they had no reason to assume anything out of the ordinary would happen on this transport run, so as long as the goods were transferred safely, the crazed scientist and his overgrown flea collar could go on living just as they would.

Of course, it was then an alarm sounded from the reactor room. The security cameras were known to jump at ghosts from time to time, and no amount of resets could fix the error. Not all of it was computer failure, to be fair. The last time a poor fool had forgotten his IFF tag, the captain had personally shown what would happen to the next.

With a sigh, the tech adjusted his pack and primed his supra. Never hurt to be careful near wherever Alad V was playing around.

The ship rocked as the reactor went critical without warning, as if some fool had reset the reactor without checking whether or not the coolant had been properly switched out. His unhurried pace quickly took more urgency as he raced to the alarm, but even if he had heard the skittering on the other side of the door, nothing could have prepared him for what awaited him in the engine room.

Tendrils of living metal crawled up the walls, rose from the ground like fleshy seaweed lit up with fiery bioluminescence that flared with every sway. The bulbs and stalks connecting floor to ceiling looked like muscle fibers blown up a million times, and it was only now that he was closer that he could hear the multitude of tiny taps over the blaring of the alarm.

He knew what this was. Infestation. But how?! They were nowhere near any of the unfortunately invaded ships! Certainly nowhere near Eris!

A tug on his leg drew his attention, and he screamed as a maggot the size of his hand tried to scurry up his jumpsuit. A slap and a stomp got rid of that one, but more and more were coming, drawn by his scream. The methodical whine of his supra filled the air as he showered the surroundings in energy bolts, and by the time the gun clicked empty his trigger finger was cramped and his throat hoarse.

He didn't even have time to reload before a mass of writhing flesh yanked him to the upper level, where a body stood hidden by the flaming wreckage of the reactor.

It walked on two legs, but it was as far from human or Grineer as anything from the Orokin era. There were no eyes that could be seen, no mouth or nose. Just infestation. Parts of its body were opened and visibly writhing, glowing with infestation that crawled along the floor below, and a stomp brought a surge of spikes right through him.

Not like he was able to focus on the pain, since the maggots covered him soon after.

Yeah, Nidus would not be a fun frame to face...

55 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

Hmm, love the narrative there! Thought of another suitably bad one. Time to make it more consistent prose-wise.

The Corpus ship was largely silent but for the usual routines of wage-slaves at work. It wasn't a good living, but it was better than many received, and results had been good that quarter. The captain was pleased, which meant the crew was pleased. It was bad enough being near enough to any planet Alad V had his eyes on, but they had no reason to assume anything out of the ordinary would happen on this transport run, so as long as the goods were transferred safely, the crazed scientist and his overgrown flea collar could go on living just as they would.

Of course, it was then an alarm sounded from the reactor room. The security cameras were known to jump at ghosts from time to time, and no amount of resets could fix the error. Not all of it was computer failure, to be fair. The last time a poor fool had forgotten his IFF tag, the captain had personally shown what would happen to the next.

With a sigh, the tech adjusted his pack and primed his supra. Never hurt to be careful near wherever Alad V was playing around.

The ship rocked as the reactor went critical without warning, as if some fool had reset the reactor without checking whether or not the coolant had been properly switched out. His unhurried pace quickly took more urgency as he raced to the alarm, but even if he had heard the skittering on the other side of the door, nothing could have prepared him for what awaited him in the engine room.

Tendrils of living metal crawled up the walls, rose from the ground like fleshy seaweed lit up with fiery bioluminescence that flared with every sway. The bulbs and stalks connecting floor to ceiling looked like muscle fibers blown up a million times, and it was only now that he was closer that he could hear the multitude of tiny taps over the blaring of the alarm.

He knew what this was. Infestation. But how?! They were nowhere near any of the unfortunately invaded ships! Certainly nowhere near Eris!

A tug on his leg drew his attention, and he screamed as a maggot the size of his hand tried to scurry up his jumpsuit. A slap and a stomp got rid of that one, but more and more were coming, drawn by his scream. The methodical whine of his supra filled the air as he showered the surroundings in energy bolts, and by the time the gun clicked empty his trigger finger was cramped and his throat hoarse.

He didn't even have time to reload before a mass of writhing flesh yanked him to the upper level, where a body stood hidden by the flaming wreckage of the reactor.

It walked on two legs, but it was as far from human or Grineer as anything from the Orokin era. There were no eyes that could be seen, no mouth or nose. Just infestation. Parts of its body were opened and visibly writhing, glowing with infestation that crawled along the floor below, and a stomp brought a surge of spikes right through him.

Not like he was able to focus on the pain, since the maggots covered him soon after.

Yeah, Nidus would not be a fun frame to face...

Ok I don't want to be killed by you either... 

JFC, this is some next level sci fi horror stuff in this thread.

14 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

It's become routine. You and your friends in the 8607th are patrolling the data stations one more time before the next group take over. Your thoughts drifting, you find yourself near the rear of the group as you approach a narrow doorway in the galleon. There is a light patter of metallic footsteps behind you, and you turn around just in time to see something you have never seen before. Your memory serves its purpose. After listening to countless stories about Corpus invasions and a handful of very descriptive induced memories of murderous Tenno, your mind quickly decides that the creature you see fits the description of a Tenno. In fact, your observations let you categorize even further. This Tenno is a Nyx.

The Nyx saw you first. It locks you with its gaze and holds out an inviting hand that pulls energy tendrils straight from the air. Tendrils that reach all the way back to you. To your mind. The Tenno fires its silent weapon at you, and you feel an energy growing within you, an energy which extends to your weapon. The trusty Hind that you practiced with for so many hours is suddenly capable of far more damage than its engineering would allow. With tears streaming down your face, and no control of your body, you open fire and watch as one by one all of your friends are gunned down by your own hands. 

1 hour ago, Zeddypanda said:
  • Be me, corpus grunt
  • Head feels weird suddenly
  • I turn to my friend and shoot him
  • I killed him
  • Jesus christ
  • Last thing I hear as I pass out is a child saying "We fought with honour"

The juxtaposition between these two is sending me :crylaugh:

Archived