Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking vs damaging status effects

Drachnyn

As we all know, melee blocking now blocks all incoming attacks if they come from an angle specified by the weapon you are using. What's strange about this however is that things like slash procs go through, despite the attack doing 0 damage. This works against enemies aswell as against us. I've killed many grineer guardsmen through their amphis with slash procs but I've also been on the receiving end when steel path misery shows up and gets an attack out that I blocked but then got deleted by the slash proc. (Just to be clear here, misery killing me like that is still my fault aswell because I know how that interaction works.)

I think for us and for the enemies, blocking should really block the attack and negate all incoming damage, status procs included. That way blocking enemies can actually survive a direct attack. Overall I think this would help enemies far more than it would help us because the amount of enemies that can reliably status proc us is not that high, while our weapons throw out tons of damaging status procs (heat, slash, toxin).

Archived