Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like Garuda should get some changes or buffs.

Hypocritikal

I love garuda but I feel like she's really not designed properly, in warframe you really shouldn't be on low hp but her passive requires her to be on really dangerous mark of hp, her 1 is a great ability, finisher that dashes into enemies + shield, her 2 is terrible, just awful. You could make it that you absorb your 1 stacks and get some overheal for a duration that would be great, her 3 is great energy generator but if you have arcane energize or that energy school it's pointless, her 4 is strong but it doesn't suit her at all, you charge up some blood give enemies slash and your charged 1 will usually oneshot them but shouldn't garuda do it herself? Her talons are awful, you can't get rivens on it so it's just straight up worse than most weapons with a good riven mod, it has good status chance and crit rate but that doesn't make it a better weapon. I really love garuda she's the reason why I started playing and the reason why I quit. I really hope she'll get a buff or rework (it would be better ngl) She should be the "I go in, I slash, enemies die" just like valkyr instead of "I stack my 1, hold 4 and release my 1 for infinite dmg"

she doesn't really need a rework, but i agree that her design can be contradictory at times. she kind of performs best at long range due to how her 1 and 4 work, which is the opposite of what you'd expect from a warframe with built-in claws. yet her blood altar puts you in melee range and is a fixed-placement gradual heal, which you're not likely to use at long range but you're also probably not going to stick near if you're using melee. it would be better if it gave a buff like wisp's reservoirs.

apart from small QOL changes, though, i don't think changing her gameplay to be more melee-focused would necessarily be a good idea. functioning at range makes her distinct from valkyr, who would probably benefit from a rework more

2 hours ago, _Pyr0Fox said:

her 4 is strong but it doesn't suit her at all, 

Garuda's 4 lets her hover above the battlefield. (I think garuda is some kind of flying god, based on dufferent games I've pkayed.)

She also gives aoe slash in a decent radius and then uses blood to make a deadly explosion.

Its pretty fitting I think.

3 hours ago, _Pyr0Fox said:

I love garuda but I feel like she's really not designed properly, in warframe you really shouldn't be on low hp but her passive requires her to be on really dangerous mark of hp, her 1 is a great ability, finisher that dashes into enemies + shield, her 2 is terrible, just awful. You could make it that you absorb your 1 stacks and get some overheal for a duration that would be great, her 3 is great energy generator but if you have arcane energize or that energy school it's pointless, her 4 is strong but it doesn't suit her at all, you charge up some blood give enemies slash and your charged 1 will usually oneshot them but shouldn't garuda do it herself? Her talons are awful, you can't get rivens on it so it's just straight up worse than most weapons with a good riven mod, it has good status chance and crit rate but that doesn't make it a better weapon. I really love garuda she's the reason why I started playing and the reason why I quit. I really hope she'll get a buff or rework (it would be better ngl) She should be the "I go in, I slash, enemies die" just like valkyr instead of "I stack my 1, hold 4 and release my 1 for infinite dmg"

TL:DR please change garudas kit because i have false expectations on how she works as related both to designed intent and my ability to effectively use the character.

Honestly it sounds like you imagine garuda not being garuda. She isnt valkyr so you should really not compare the two. Also, if you like valkyr just use valkyr. I havent used her a ton but i have used her enough to make a few great builds and i would have to disagree with every point you have brought up. It really sounds like garuda just isnt for you.

5 hours ago, _Pyr0Fox said:

huh? garuda is an insanely dangerous damage dealer. her 2 completely removes a threatening target from play and offers a safe area. i was glad to see DE use a similar mechanic for Gaze on xaku. 

i dont know what peoples obsession is with passives, but her passive is so that you become more dangerous as you near death, not stay at low health.

also rivens? arcanes? you must be joking. i cant laugh hard enough. the claws are no where near is weak as you are making them out to be. and thankfully they arent an exalted weapon and are optional. unless an arcane can instantly recharge your energy to full her 3 is amazing.

Sounds like user error. You say her 2 is terrible and then go on to say that her 3 is useless if you use Energize or Zenurik, but putting Energize or Zenurik on Garuda is a waste itself. You use her 2 to create a healing zone and then spam 3 to boost your energy to max, they synergize very well. Arcane Strike + Naramon + Blending Talons makes her claws a combo powerhouse that can obliterate the SP acolytes easily. Her ability to quickly regenerate energy at will allows her to repeatedly spam her skills so it's really easy to swap between tapping her 4 and holding it depending on what you need to hit.

Garuda only needs some small tweaks.  She's a delight to play.

I would like her to be a bit faster, both in charge up time (4) and in hovering mobility (1, 4).  I'd also like her to have a status cleanse on her 3 as a baseline buff, not part of any augment or anything like that.  And finally, I'd like those obnoxious Juno Crewmen with their AOE supras from hell to get toned down a bit.  They essentially ignore Garuda's 1, and they're all over one of the most ubiquitous tilesets in the game now.

18 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Garuda needs a rework just to make you play again? So you're currently not playing the game? And a rework of your choosing is the only thing that will make you play? 

Valkyrs claws can't use rivens either and they can kill acolytes.....have you tried modding her claws? 

Garudas claws became garbage with the CO nerf. If he wants to use claws with Garuda then I recommend Venka Prime.

Garuda is okay, she ain't bad but she definietly ain't good either, as someone who likes her in general i agree on her needing some changes, but said changes don't need to be anything revolutionary, just speed her up that is literally the only thing she has an issue with, she is good dmg, good range decent survivability, but she is incredibly slow at doing her job, just if she had a synergy in her kit that would speed her up, for example let's say using 1 on an enemy affected by 4 would immediately deal the balls dmg on impact (the one you just generated that is) or sth like that, she would be great.
But as it stands while she is okay, she loses to the competetion big time and that is why i don't use her anymore. Her abilities are nice and work well but still she is no where near as effective as she should be!

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Oh I see didn't know sorry.

Garuda's Claws aren't garbage. GearsMatrix does not know what they are talking about.

I'm in  the Simulacrum as of typing this post testing very unoptimized builds with the talons and they can shred level 180 enemies. 

They may not be as good as venka prime but GearsMatrix is spreading misinformation (again) saying they are "garbage"

They are perfectly viable against high level targets. 

36 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm in  the Simulacrum as of typing this post testing very unoptimized builds with the talons and they can shred level 180 enemies. 

As someone who tested all the melee weapons in game, lemme tell you that since garudas talons damage scales off her ability strength, with a decent build they out dmg venka prime.
They are absurdly powerful idk what these people are even talking about!
And even IF they were bad, it wouldn't matter since it's just a bonus nothing that you have to use anyway, if you wanna improve garuda this is a bad place to point at!

1 hour ago, Xikto said:

garudas talons damage scales off her ability strength

Uh... what...

Tested this ingame and the arsenal stats do not change based on power strength... But the talons definitely do benefit from power strength.

With 0 mods on the weapon/frame I was hitting on average for 21 damage to a 180 heavy gunner

with 0 mods on the weapon but 348% power strength the average hits were 81 against the same heavy gunner

Aresenal showed 248 damage on both builds.

Should be noted, the wiki does not reflect the increased damage from power strength either but it does appear to affect the talons.

Garuda definitely needs a buff. After playing her for a long time, skill 1 & 3 are great. Skill 2 has many issues that prevent it from being a reliable survivability tool. Skill 4 is garbage. It would take me less time and effort to kill enemies without having to waste time casting the skill. And where it really could work, like eidolons, they are immune to status. I would not bother with the passive. Sitting with zero HP while fighting level 120+ enemies is not a good idea.

On 2021-04-09 at 4:18 PM, Leqesai said:

Uh... what...

Tested this ingame and the arsenal stats do not change based on power strength... But the talons definitely do benefit from power strength.

With 0 mods on the weapon/frame I was hitting on average for 21 damage to a 180 heavy gunner

with 0 mods on the weapon but 348% power strength the average hits were 81 against the same heavy gunner

Should be noted, the wiki does not reflect the increased damage from power strength either but it does appear to affect the talons.

Somehow in Fortuna, Power Strength do show a increase to the Damage of her Talons

On 2021-04-08 at 1:26 PM, (PSN)Ragology said:

Garuda's 4 lets her hover above the battlefield. (I think garuda is some kind of flying god, based on dufferent games I've pkayed.)

She also gives aoe slash in a decent radius and then uses blood to make a deadly explosion.

Its pretty fitting I think.

Pretty fitting theme wise? Sure. Worth using? No. In most situations, your better off just melee-ing the enemies. Using skill 4 leaves you slow and vulnerable. And most enemies that you need the extra damage on, are immune to stats. So what is the point. 

The skill I don't like how it works is her 1, the shield can be pretty annoying. It's Strong, no doubt, but I don't like the way it works.

Her passive being berserk is kinda meh.

Bloodletting is a bit disappointing.

She has 2 dashes, 1 and 2, but they have a sort of anti synergy.

And her 4 and 1 while floating feel kinda slow for frame with 2 very fast dashes and the walking animation is awkward. Perhaps make her float while charging and make the pose more like her upright 4 casting while being still.

Well, a Rework suggestion:

Her Blood Ball should be a passive lets call it "Offering", something that collects blood from any bleeding enemy nearby at all times. From berserker frame to Slash frame. Her Blood Ball could also empower all of her other skills by [holding]. Offering substitutes her energy. No longer an Energy frame.

Her 1,  as is, but shield moved to her 2. Perhaps change casting animation

Her 2, no longer a Dash. Now its ranged and instantly impales the enemy, holding it drags the impaled enemy to garuda's position, forms and charges the Dread Mirror. Shield animation could be switched? instead of awkwardly trying to follow the camera, make it a frame on the player UI screen, anything the player can see damages health from this shield instead and it slowly drains the offering to regenerate passively. Her 2 can now Animation cancel her 1, Impaling it and considering it executed if in the threshold. Impaled enemies heal nearby allies, and if Garuda is healthy it fills the offering.

Her 3 now slashes nearby enemies as well, and instead of instantly removing health from Garuda, it applies a DoT on her for the equivalent damage, filling the offering. Holding it keeps slashing in an ever increasing area consuming the offering. This area of effect also regenerates allied energy in the area based on offering consumed. Incorporates the current 4 augment animation and spins blender like spreading slash, bleed procs.

Her 4, taping has the current functionality of marking enemies in front. Holding now make garuda's talons persist around her, attacking and marking enemies that are very close and the targets she is attacking and aiming at applying additional bleed stacks, each attack also does an extra % of damage, draining from the offering. the longer the cast the higher the buff and consequently the drain %.

Yeah I know likely won't happen, but still, and it was kinda fun thinking of it. The intention is to preserve a high speed gameplay option, while also giving her a more viable scaling caster option. :P

She is meant to be played with Quick Thinking to take advantage of her passive. I think she only needs one major change and a bit of QoL: her 1 taking shields into account (always found it weird how bad she is against Corpus when she is the Fortuna frame) and faster charge on her 4.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-04-09 at 2:18 PM, Leqesai said:
On 2021-04-09 at 12:36 PM, Xikto said:

garudas talons damage scales off her ability strength

Uh... what...

Pretty big necro, but I just tested this again, and thought you might be interested @Leqesai  And I couldn't think of a better place to post this.   

At the time, Xikto's comment prompted me to test this too and I saw something like what you saw.  So I've had a super Talons build on my backburner list since then.   Today I thought I might finally get around to doing just that... but that I might as well test again, as it was  easy to imagine it getting bugfixed.

In the Simulacrum: 100 power strength versus 322, results all over the place.  Sometimes seemed to do a lot, sometimes a little, but more often nothing.  I was careful to set up my loadouts in the Orbiter first to avoid those Arsenal bugs, but I was still getting unpredictable damage numbers.  In short: my frustrations with simulacrum testing continue...

So I did six low level missions, and there it was clear cut.   Just in case, every two missions, I switched builds, logged out and back in.  In all cases no difference between the two builds, i.e, identical non-crit damage pop-ups on the same level targets.

I can't rule out a bug that makes it sometimes work in real missions, or a difference in pop-up damage numbers versus actual damage...but without evidence to the contrary I'm inclined to think strength does nothing to Talon damage in actual gameplay.  And honestly, that's by far the most plausible intent in any case.

30 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Pretty big necro, but I just tested this again, and thought you might be interested @Leqesai  And I couldn't think of a better place to post this.   

At the time, Xikto's comment prompted me to test this too and I saw something like what you saw.  So I've had a super Talons build on my backburner list since then.   Today I thought I might finally get around to doing just that... but that I might as well test again, as it was  easy to imagine it getting bugfixed.

In the Simulacrum: 100 power strength versus 322, results all over the place.  Sometimes seemed to do a lot, sometimes a little, but more often nothing.  I was careful to set up my loadouts in the Orbiter first to avoid those Arsenal bugs, but I was still getting unpredictable damage numbers.  In short: my frustrations with simulacrum testing continue...

So I did six low level missions, and there it was clear cut.   Just in case, every two missions, I switched builds, logged out and back in.  In all cases no difference between the two builds, i.e, identical non-crit damage pop-ups on the same level targets.

I can't rule out a bug that makes it sometimes work in real missions, or a difference in pop-up damage numbers versus actual damage...but without evidence to the contrary I'm inclined to think strength does nothing to Talon damage in actual gameplay.  And honestly, that's by far the most plausible intent in any case.

Very interesting. Hopefully this gets fixed in favor of power strength affecting the claws!

Archived