Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like Garuda should get some changes or buffs.

Hypocritikal

On 2021-04-08 at 4:35 PM, _Pyr0Fox said:

I really love garuda she's the reason why I started playing and the reason why I quit.

I feel like this sentiment tends to be overlooked or Misunderstood.... So for anyone who thinks this is some sort of Paradox....

It's signicantly more Aggravating when something you enjoy so much has a few minor issues than something that you kinda like has major Flaws.... I can totally understand why someone would want to give up on something that so close to being perfect.... It's like Being denied an Orgasm 😭 !!!

On 2021-04-08 at 7:26 PM, (PSN)Ragology said:

She also gives aoe slash in a decent radius and then uses blood to make a deadly explosion.

It's more of a "Cone" than a Radius since it only work where she's looking....

You would think that being a Glass Cannon she could atleast be spared from such a limitation....

On 2021-04-08 at 4:35 PM, _Pyr0Fox said:

, in warframe you really shouldn't be on low hp but her passive requires her to be on really dangerous mark of hp

I think that's the best part about her.... My issue is the measures DE Put in place to stop her from Dying are just laughably Inadequate....

Blood Fountains work against her Passive.

The Amount Of Shields she gets with her Pounce don't Scale with anything.

The Shield leaves her Ass Exposed...

The Augment only works upon Killing An Enemy and even then the duration doesn't last long enough to get a proper rythym going (play Harrow to see how it's suppose to work)....

I want Her to be the Epic Glass Cannon that she was designed to be....

On 2021-04-08 at 10:21 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

also rivens? arcanes? you must be joking. i cant laugh hard enough. the claws are no where near is weak as you are making them out to be. and thankfully they arent an exalted weapon and are optional. unless an arcane can instantly recharge your energy to full her 3 is amazing.

There was an issue regarding Garuda's Talons not being able to benefit from Acolyte Mods.... They were equipable  but didn't work.... This was a long time ago and I don't know if it's been fixed but I bet a big part of why people think they suck has something to do with that....

Also up until recently Garuda's Talons didn't give Garuda herself any Affinity despite being technically a "Warframe ability". 

I mean you're right.... They aren't weak.... They are just as strong as other Melee Weapons.... But that's the problem.... Shouldn't they be Stronger than regular Melee Weapons ? 

On 2021-04-08 at 10:25 PM, Alpheus said:

Her ability to quickly regenerate energy at will allows her to repeatedly spam her skills so it's really easy to swap between tapping her 4 and holding it depending on what you need to hit.

Not Quite.... Yes she gets a butt load of Energy but her Abilities are designed to be less Effective if you attempt to Spam them.... 

You can only have one Blood Fountain at a Time.... You rarely ever need to move your fountains and even if you did you can't choose exactly where you want to move them... 

If you spend more Time Pouncing than you do anything else then you're not dispatching enemies as fast as you could be....

Her 4th Ability needs to wind up first for maximum effect....

The only thing that's actually Spammable is the Ability that Generates the Actual Energy.... And this I found to be very annoying because It Scales with Efficiency instead of Strength so if you're running a High Strength Build then you end up Spamming Blood Letting Alot just to get Energy.... It's annoying.

On 2021-04-09 at 1:22 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

I'd like those obnoxious Juno Crewmen with their AOE supras from hell to get toned down a bit.  They essentially ignore Garuda's 1, and they're all over one of the most ubiquitous tilesets in the game now.

I believe some time after this post was made DE Nerfed the Juno Elite Supras not to Deal AoE Damage anymore.....

Naturally I don't know what this means because you can interpret this by thinking that the Supra still has an AoE Effect but the Damage no longer follows the AoE Rules.... 

It's unclear.... So you'll have to test it yourself and tell us exactly what they changed 😝....

On 2021-04-09 at 8:56 PM, Leqesai said:

They may not be as good as venka prime but GearsMatrix is spreading misinformation (again) saying they are "garbage"

Given that Venkat Prime is just a normal weapon.... Then yeah... I think in this Context it's okay to say Talons are "Garbage".... I've made this exact same comparison with Ivara's Artemis Bow.... Although it's not exactly the same.... Garuda's Talons have no Costs associated with them.... They don't need Energy and can't be Nullified.... Sooooo there's that.... Still though.... I feel like they should be Stronger....

On 2021-04-10 at 6:09 AM, (PSN)thegarada said:

I would not bother with the passive. Sitting with zero HP while fighting level 120+ enemies is not a good idea.

If that's the case then there's no hope for Garuda.... Poor Girl 😞 !!!

On 2021-04-15 at 4:49 PM, DeltaForce245 said:

She is meant to be played with Quick Thinking to take advantage of her passive.

Did quick thinking get a buff if some kind ?

Because if not then I can't agree.... I've always found Quick Thinking to be extremely underwhelming....

Don't get me Wrong.... I use it on Loki and Garuda because Loki can spare a slot and Garuda has no other choice..... But the Damage to Energy Lost Conversion is broken.... Less so with Garuda because unlike Limbo, Loki and Mirage... She has some Armor.... Enough for Steel Fibre which does effect the Conversion on Quick Thinking.... But it only does so much....

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You can only have one Blood Fountain at a Time.... You rarely ever need to move your fountains and even if you did you can't choose exactly where you want to move them... 

This just isn't true. I often have 2 or 3 altars ticking at a time when things start getting hairy for the group, and their effects stack. Not sure why you thought you could only have 1 active.

If you spend more Time Pouncing than you do anything else then you're not dispatching enemies as fast as you could be....

Her 4th Ability needs to wind up first for maximum effect....

Not if you're using Blending Talons, which you conveniently left out when quoting me. Pounce into the middle of a group and tap 4, then whirlwind your way to victory. Extremely lethal when paired with Breach Surge.

The only thing that's actually Spammable is the Ability that Generates the Actual Energy.... And this I found to be very annoying because It Scales with Efficiency instead of Strength so if you're running a High Strength Build then you end up Spamming Blood Letting Alot just to get Energy.... It's annoying.

And that's just your opinion on her gameplay loop. If you keep some altars up around a room you're free to regenerate energy in between kills. It's not as passive as slotting Energize or using Zen dash but you have way more active control over your resources. If you really need energy right now you're free to create it, assuming you have the health. That's why it's important to always have at least 1 altar active to fall back to.

3 hours ago, Alpheus said:

This just isn't true. I often have 2 or 3 altars ticking at a time when things start getting hairy for the group, and their effects stack. Not sure why you thought you could only have 1 active.

Really ? 😲

I had no idea.... I just assumed you could only have one..... More than that I've only ever needed one.... Why on earth would would Garuda need three of them Stacking ? To make her Passive even more irrelevant ? 🤔

Not if you're using Blending Talons, which you conveniently left out when quoting me. Pounce into the middle of a group and tap 4, then whirlwind your way to victory. Extremely lethal when paired with Breach Surge.

That's because I didn't know that existed ?

😝

What are Bleeding Talons ?

And that's just your opinion on her gameplay loop. If you keep some altars up around a room you're free to regenerate energy in between kills.

The altars work against her Passive.... This is why I never use more than one..... 

And for the people who use Arcane Energize don't actually need to bother with Blood Letting.... 

I've tried it both ways and I honestly don't know which is better because her abilities are clumsily designed.... Not as clumsy as Revenant... But still....

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

And for the people who use Arcane Energize don't actually need to bother with Blood Letting.... 

I'm far from an expert on Garuda but I  use Energize on her Quick Thinking build. Blood Letting is still useful to me situationally  for energy as well as maximizing her passive.

22 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm far from an expert on Garuda but I  use Energize on her Quick Thinking build. Blood Letting is still useful to me situationally  for energy as well as maximizing her passive.

To each their own....

Some people might get use out of it... Other people might not.... 

On 2021-06-16 at 7:32 PM, Lutesque said:

Really ? 😲

I had no idea.... I just assumed you could only have one..... More than that I've only ever needed one.... Why on earth would would Garuda need three of them Stacking ? To make her Passive even more irrelevant ?  

Her passive doesn't need to be maximized 100% of the time for her to kill things. There's situations, especially in Infested Steel Path missions, where it's better to have massive incoming heals and 0 bonus damage because you do 0 damage when you're dead, plus she isn't the only one that can use Altar. I used to stack it on my Grendel because I didn't like relying solely on Nourish as a heal. It's also helpful for the rest of the team in something like Excavation where people hang out in 1 area for extended periods, even if you don't end up personally using it. 

On 2021-06-16 at 7:32 PM, Lutesque said:

That's because I didn't know that existed ?

😝

What are Bleeding Talons ?

The Talons augment. Turns it into a radial attack and makes building the multiplier on her talons easier for BR and WW.

18 hours ago, Alpheus said:

Her passive doesn't need to be maximized 100% of the time for her to kill things.

Well that's going to depend on the thing"s level...

There's situations, especially in Infested Steel Path missions, where it's better to have massive incoming heals and 0 bonus damage because you do 0 damage when you're dead, 

That's exactly the problem....  Warframe pretty much demands you to be killing 100% of the time.... As soon as you have to stop for whatever reason you're no longer playing optimally.

I used to stack it on my Grendel because I didn't like relying solely on Nourish as a heal. It's also helpful for the rest of the team in something like Excavation where people hang out in 1 area for extended periods, even if you don't end up personally using it. 

If you could choose exactly where you could set them up then yeah sure.... But since you can't I find them to be extremely clumsy to use....

The Talons augment. Turns it into a radial attack and makes building the multiplier on her talons easier for BR and WW.

This I have to try one day....

On the one hand.... No more Backing myself into a Corner.... On the Other Hand.... I have to give up a Slot 😱 !!!

23 hours ago, Alpheus said:

plus she isn't the only one that can use Altar. I used to stack it on my Grendel because I didn't like relying solely on Nourish as a heal.

Amusingly enough, I've replaced her Altar with Nourish! Not only does it give her an endless supply of health/energy on the run, but the Nourish buff stacks multiplicatively with her passive, and it procs Toxin on both her 1 and 4, IIRC.

My only two issues with Garuda is her shield's speed when turning.  It lags a little behind.  And the threshold for instant kill on her 1.  I know it's not a mainstay effect.  But I feel like it needs to be more consistent if you want to take advantage of the dreadward augment.  Maybe they could just take a condition replacement on dreadward so it's not reliant on health and more on something the player has better control over.

Only thing I wish I could change on Garuda is making her claws invisible, I fully respect that it's part of her kit and what not, but it's just frustrating using a Sword & Shield and watching it clip through the shield! 

Argh, drives me bonkers!

9 часов назад, Mediloric сказал:

Only thing I wish I could change on Garuda is making her claws invisible, I fully respect that it's part of her kit and what not, but it's just frustrating using a Sword & Shield and watching it clip through the shield! 

+

Спойлер

CWZiTZ7.jpgSjOXGeT.jpg

💢:facepalm:💢

• 4 weeks later...

This feels like you don’t know Garuda at all. Garuda is a frame that has infinite scaling damage, can tank effectively, can allow finishers, grant immunity and looks great. And that’s just her first ability. She also is a healer, has infinite energy and has one of the best debuffs in the game(her 4). Also her claws arnt an exalted weapon so go nuts I know I sure do. Garuda is called the mistress of death for a reason. And if you subsume the new healing ability into her she’s a unlimited source of energy for you and her team. Garuda is one of the most unique frames out there and she is absolutely amazing at what she does. I’m not trying to ream on you or anything but seriously play the game again, play with her for a month then come back here and tell us she’s bad. I’ll wait.

On 2021-04-09 at 7:56 PM, Leqesai said:

Garuda's Claws aren't garbage. GearsMatrix does not know what they are talking about.

I'm in  the Simulacrum as of typing this post testing very unoptimized builds with the talons and they can shred level 180 enemies. 

They may not be as good as venka prime but GearsMatrix is spreading misinformation (again) saying they are "garbage"

They are perfectly viable against high level targets. 

He's got a reputation for calling anything he dislikes as garbage, sort of a forums meme at this point.

Archived