Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who are your favorite frames and why?

PaturikuD13th

Titania prime. I love her design and her powers. She has a little bit of everything. Buffs, Cc, damage and a bit of tankiness.

Second favorite would be Lavos. I think he's a nice change. I don't have to worry about energy and he's really fun to use. Plus he looks like Carapar from Bionicle.

On third place Gauss because speed. He's damn addicting to use even if he's not the fastest.

Valkyr: Immovable object, she has the highest armor in the game. With my buld, warcry, and everything, i have around 96% damage reduction, without even counting adaptation, which stacks with armor.

Limbo: Rift, dimension, and astral themes all interest me, and hes no exeption, just wish he got a rework, he is good as he is but not very squad friendly.

Ivara: I like how her invisibility works, energy drain instead of timed. Plus i like the robin hood and bow themes.

Of all 3 though, valkyr is easily my favorite.

Hildryn because of her thigh- I mean 2. Seriously though, I like the whole viking warrior theme and potential she has going. DE doesn't though, that's why they keep holding her back with two useless abilities one of which (her 4) they even went out of their way to remove subsumed abilities to be compatible with to ensure it stays useless - meanwhile the actual bug where Limbo has endless energy via Thermal Sunder still exists. Objectively I couldn't recommend her though.

Gara, because not being able to die while "tackling" enemies with millions of damage is not only gratifying, but also good. Very versatile and brings something good to almost every normal mission type including decent nukes (requires to be built specifically for that).

Gauss. An acquired taste for some I suppose, but he's just super well-rounded. Everything makes sense in his kit and gets used for a reason that impacts gameplay and he's also outstandingly good. With Nidus probably the best designed ability kit where everything just works fluently with each other.

Honourable mentions (read: frames I'm too lazy to type more about): Nova, Wisp, Revenant, Ivara and Nyx.

Frames I use as tools regularily but don't specifically like nor dislike: Mesa, Saryn, Inaros, Wukong, Limbo, Khora.

Atlas because explosive, high damage punches while being nigh unkillable.

Second to that would be Grendel because being a catapulting meatball is fun.

Of course those are just the two frames I enjoy playing the most, but I do use many others.

Nezha. I initially built Nezha because I thought the Fire Walker trail looked great.

Once I got him, he just had so much to offer: Speed, versatility, tankiness, cc, status cleanse, buffs. His abilities are visiually satisfying, especially his Blazing Chakram bouncing off enemies and splitting to make more. I don't think he is the best or most efficient frame, but a hell of a lot of fun.

19 minutes ago, PaturikuD13th said:

I want to know your favorite frames guys :--)

Frost Prime, Umbra, Ember Prime and Gara round out my top list. Loving the heck out of Zaku now too!

Frost has been my guy since 2016. He's versatile, reliable as a squad manager, can use defense offensively and vice versa, has perfect augments, absolutely controls the battlefield, has powerful support abilities and is tanky as hell. 

Umbra is Umbra. Shouldn't have to explain this monster of a weapon.

Ember has become the most insane crowd killer frame for me. With a Kuva Tonkor, Pathocyst and the Aero set mods, I keep her in the air to rain down endless destruction and then hit with a healing flame fire blast to keep the enemies off balance.

Gara is my go to for any defense that has me defending an NPC. She's also the best team damage reduction frame in the game, imo. Therefore, I create "checkpoints" with her 4, blast the squad and allies with her 2 and set a waypoint for the team to return and get a refreshed DR buff.

Zaku is just damn nuts. Still getting used to them but I love how the tenora prime with punch through mods synergizes with their 1 and 2. Enemies with no guns that also get wrecked by a gattling gun is just....beautiful. Lol!

Nidus: Loved his theme since I saw him, infested are my favorite faction. His kit is perfectly balanced, just incredibly fun to play.

Grendel: A little silly and hardly the best frame in the game but he's fun to play.

Vauban: Set him up with Graxx skin and Grineer loadout, looks cool. Plus his kit is fun to play.

(Only play frames that are fun, don't care about the "meta")

Volt, Nezha, Zephyr and Gauss are the four frames I have enjoyed most over my time spent in-game (The first three being played mostly before their reworks, for the record). I generally like frames that are high-mobility with a side of tankiness and some light CC, with damage buffs and more esoteric powers not really being to my taste.

Just now, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Bro what? Her play style is literally just melee spam.

Bro what? Yeah I get that lol, thing is either she's unfun to me or I dont know how to play her, her exalted is soooo fcking slow, even with speed on it, I noticed her exalted isnt affected by speed mods because of the innate stance and the only way to hit faster is with warcry, her other two abilities are kinda boring/useless, she was just sluggish to me tbh and her claws are exactly that, sluggish without warcry

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Bro what? Yeah I get that lol, thing is either she's unfun to me or I dont know how to play her, her exalted is soooo fcking slow, even with speed on it, I noticed her exalted isnt affected by speed mods because of the innate stance and the only way to hit faster is with warcry, her other two abilities are kinda boring/useless, she was just sluggish to me tbh and her claws are exactly that, sluggish without warcry

I mean yeah, she’s really not that exciting to play. Her best ability is an attack speed buff, and there are tons of other ways to get attack speed buffs. She also has an augment that lets you keep the buff permanently as long as you keep killing, but personally I’d rather just play Wisp. She can also keep a perma-attack speed buff and she does other things too.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I mean yeah, she’s really not that exciting to play. Her best ability is an attack speed buff, and there are tons of other ways to get attack speed buffs. She also has an augment that lets you keep the buff permanently as long as you keep killing, but personally I’d rather just play Wisp. She can also keep a perma-attack speed buff and she does other things too.

Valkyr for me is an amazing concept but tbfh she's a little... boring. I wish her forced stance mod was at least tweaked and make her grapping line cost literally 1 energy per meter or something, she's kind of a crappy warframe but she's definitely in a good spot compared to a ton others

Nezha post-rework, Gara is a close second. I like how their kits are versatile, with solid options for every mission type, along with having active playstyles and great survivability. I enjoy the extreme mobility and zone control of Nezha, and I like the infinitely scaling damage and area defense that Gara brings, along with the energy generation her Spectrorage's augment provides.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Valkyr for me is an amazing concept but tbfh she's a little... boring. I wish her forced stance mod was at least tweaked and make her grapping line cost literally 1 energy per meter or something, she's kind of a crappy warframe but she's definitely in a good spot compared to a ton others

Shes just an old frame that suffers from the same problems a lot of old frames suffer from: outdated kits that aren’t as effective in the current game as they were when they released. I mean, Valkyr has a movement ability that was created before bullet jumping was a thing. She just needs a touch up, but she can still be fun and effective if you enjoy melee.

And like someone else mentioned above, Helminth exists so you can improve her a ton since she has 2 easily droppable abilities.

Nezha, Wisp, and Gara are my favorite frames with an honorable mention to Ember. Love the mobility and completeness of all their kits (after subbing out Wisps 4 obvi). Also this guy gets it:

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I like the infinitely scaling damage and area defense that Gara brings, along with the energy generation her Spectrorage's augment provides.

Anyone that says Spectrorage is bad is just wrong. With the augment + zenurik it’s a fantastic addition to her energy hungry playstyle.

I also play a lot of Nova, Wukong, Ivara, Equinox, Mesa, and Limbo, but like someone else said above, I view these frames more like tools for a job. I like them all, but am not particularly attached to any of them.

Theres also a few frames I still don’t have due to bad RNG luck and annoying farms. I don’t have all day to play regular Sanctuary Onslaught or whatever other random game mode, so after an hour or so of trying I’ll move on to something I actually want to be doing. Khora, Harrow, Nidus, and Gauss all currently fall in this category. Sad, because Gauss looks incredible, but I’ll have them all one day.

Archived