Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Critical Delay

TheStag

Is a level 4 critical delay (+40% crit chance -30% fire rate) worth using on a Soma? With a max point strike and a level 4 Critical Delay the critical chance would be slightly over 100% instead of being about 88%. I plan to use a max Shred which has +30% fire rate that would cancel out the negative effects of the mod. Is it worth it?

Edit: You noobs, of course I plan to use a max Vital Sense and Hammer Shot.

Edited by TheStag

I can't give you numbers, but I would think it's a fine alternative over standard builds. 
I think to make it advantageous on the Soma you'd need both crit damage mods though.  
So your build would look like this,
4 crit mods
Serration
Multishot
Shred 
Piercing hit
Which may not be good because you have no free room. 

Edit; Went and did some calculations, overall, You have significantly less dps. But you'd have the most armor piercing damage you possibly could, which means you're at your peak ammo efficiency. 

Edited by LukeAura

this is almost exactly what i'm running. and yes. it's quite fun. :P

piercing hit

critical delay

point strike

hammershot

vital sense

shred

serration

split chamber

although using critical delay at 3 gives you a 98.4% crit chance.

i didn't bother going above that.

Edited by xethier

to each their own, i actually didn't upgrade shred all that much, lowering the cyclic rate of the soma (while yes, = lower dps) also greatly enhances the accuracy of the weapon (less recoil) and means far less shooting of corpses. :P

i've found my dps hasn't suffered much, and my ammo conservation has been improved tremendously.

I'm not sure it's really worth giving up the mod slot and the fire rate for 12% more crit. 88% is already incredibly high, and the soma with just point strike will crit almost every single time. 

I'd consider using heavy caliber, but I wouldn't use critical delay.

to each their own, i actually didn't upgrade shred all that much, lowering the cyclic rate of the soma (while yes, = lower dps) also greatly enhances the accuracy of the weapon (less recoil) and means far less shooting of corpses. :P

i've found my dps hasn't suffered much, and my ammo conservation has been improved tremendously.

I never have recoil problems. I used to play a crapload of sniping games, so I now naturally move the mouse to compensate for any type of recoil.